Should Harvard acknowledge that Senator Warren is not a "woman of color."

Did Elizabeth Warren commit fraud?

• Total voters
You continue to downplay her actions. For starters, it's more than just one form. She carried on this ruse as she advanced her career. Again, nobody who thinks they have a little native blood signs their name with "Cherokee". Such a person would refuse to be named first NA anything, but she accepted it knowing the privilege the title confers. The only reasonable takeaway here is that she is wrong to have claimed Native status and she should retract the claim.

This is literally not true, it only appears on two forms. It was promoted by Harvard, and not her.

It's not like she was giving lectures on Native American suffering. She was a bankruptcy and finance lawyer and lecturer, and a highly regarded one at that.

I Don't like really any of those people too much. Surprisingly? Warren isn't near my least favorite person out of the bunch. She has stepped in some mud on this one pretty bad, but her run in the legal profession was pretty impressive; law can be hard.

All of the people in all those pictures are willing to do (say etc...) strange things, which aren't beneficial to themselves or others, to gain an edge over others.

I actually sort of like Warren - the work she did on the consumer rights commission.

Yeah, that means her claims of Cherokee were erroneous.

I'm curious though, most NA DNA comes up as Mongol Asian, because everybody here before Euros, besides the islanders of Hawaii, came across that land bridge at some point. Which DNA service can decipher between natives that lived north of the Southern Mexican border, and those who were south? That's impressive. Just a few years again NA DNA was just classified as "asian" lol.
That stuff's ridiculous now. My family member got a report done and it identified our white American side's 3 different migration routes through the south. One was through Tennessee, another general southern migration, and another one through the state my family settled in for like 200 years. And if you look at our family tree, it's all legit. They have different white migrations in every part of the USA throughout American history mapped out by DNA.

It'll say like "German migration through Michigan", "pioneer settler route through Kentucky", etc.

A lot of African Americans actually are shocked when they go to Africa and they're not considered black but instead as white or mixed.

African Americans would be perfectly justified in checking both "white" and "black" on those forms. By African's perceptions, they'd be committing fraud if they didn't.

"Perfectly justified" in the imaginary world you created where black guys are also white guys. All because you can't just admit some white woman pretended to be native.

"Perfectly justified" in the imaginary world you created where black guys are also white guys. All because you can't just admit some white woman pretended to be native.
She checked 2 boxes: white and native american. There's no standards on the forms. If it was the one drop rule, she did it correctly. If it was the German Jew rule, she committed fraud. Alternatively, if it were the one drop rule and she checked only white then that would be fraud. There's no racial purity standards listed on the forms. You just have to guess what they want for racial purity when you fill out those forms because they're too chickenshit to set the racial purity standards themselves.

She wasn't wrong about her heritage at all. The DNA test proved that she is actually part Native American.

The thing is, there's no guideline on those race forms that says exactly how much you need for each race check box. If those forms want the one drop rule, she filled it out correctly. Alternatively, if those forms did want the one drop rule and she only checked the "white" box then that would be fraud. The forms are fucking stupid and it's fucking stupid that this is a national issue. The race forms need to go away. Racial and gender preference for government contracts and racial discrimination in both college admissions and hiring need to go away. The left has us here by making racial discrimination and gender discrimination a part of awarding government contracts, getting into college, and getting jobs.

Now I'm more confused; is she Cherokee or Peruvian?

The reason Bustamante thinks Warren probably has a Native American ancestor is that some DNA segments in her sample matched with segments from people native to Mexico, Peru, and Colombia.
https://www.businessinsider.com/elizabeth-warren-dna-test-science-2018-10

Yeah, that means her claims of Cherokee were erroneous.

I'm curious though, most NA DNA comes up as Mongol Asian, because everybody here before Euros, besides the islanders of Hawaii, came across that land bridge at some point. Which DNA service can decipher between natives that lived north of the Southern Mexican border, and those who were south? That's impressive. Just a few years again NA DNA was just classified as "asian" lol.

That's just what they said it was compared to . . . I'm not a lab rat so I'm not up to spend on the tests.

Maybe. Maybe not. If she can prove lineage to someone on the Dawes Roll it would be proof . . . that data/record does exist.
I could be way off but my understanding is the Dawes Roll was established after the trail of tears. Her lineage goes much further back than that. It goes back far enough that there wouldn't be any birth certificates etc for her to prove anything.

Again, I'm not an expert on this.

Liberal logic:
Black
Rachel-Dolezal-NAACP-Spokane-Young-Now-1.jpg

Native American
warren-headset.jpg

Female
caitlyn-jenner-bruce-jenner.jpg

Sexist, Racist, Misogynist
Don't forget teh head of hashtag black lives matters y'all
677.jpg

I could be way off but my understanding is the Dawes Roll was established after the trail of tears. Her lineage goes much further back than that. It goes back far enough that there wouldn't be any birth certificates etc for her to prove anything.

Again, I'm not an expert on this.

The point is that those who came to Indian Territory and ultimately signed the rolls had kids and families after arriving. If her family were also part of that migration and signed the rolls she should be able use some genealogy research to document a connection. If they didn't sign the rolls there is no way to prove anything.

Would my kids be wrong in what they pick? What about their kid's kids? Would Warren's parent be justified in checking that? What about her great great grandparent and why? Exactly when does it become "wrong" and why? It doesn't set racial purity standards on the forms. You can't blame Warren because the government or Harvard didn't define their racial purity standards.

I wouldn't be the one to ask these questions because I don't care what box you tick on a form 20-30 years ago outside of public life.

Should probably ask the people at Harvard who handle faculty hiring.

Oh really? Kind of seems more likely that she did. She claimed it consistently, and did not refute the claim that she did by a political opponent. What's YOUR evidence?

Bro, we just got done being on the side that (rightfully) said that to accuse someone of wrongdoing, you must be the one to present evidence of the claim

If there's no evidence that she actually applied for a position/entry as a native American, we must take her story that the NA claims were nothing official and simply in social circles unless proven otherwise

It doesn't turn into a "more likely" assumption = guilty just because this is now a person under fire you don't agree with

She is a political troll, will use anything to gain power. A truly horrible woman.

Bro, we just got done being on the side that (rightfully) said that to accuse someone of wrongdoing, you must be the one to present evidence of the claim

If there's no evidence that she actually applied for a position/entry as a native American, we must take her story that the NA claims were nothing official and simply in social circles unless proven otherwise

It doesn't turn into a "more likely" assumption = guilty just because this is now a person under fire you don't agree with
Well, she went pretty far (in teh wrong direction) to prove she was, so I figured it was something she thought, and used, her whole life. Seems she oddly started using it as a Professor of law.

The snopes article didn't have much on before her Harvard time. I assumed, and assumed incorrectly. It happens.

My answer, yes.

Will it happen? No.

Harvard has fallen over the SJW cliff and I doubt they will ever climb back out of it...notice how they have NOT backtracked off of their blatant racism against Asians? They would need a purge of faculty to get back their credibility as a DECENT college let alone one of the worlds best.

@Amerikuracana

I've made this mistake before but it's a bad idea to ask a question in a thread title and then have a different question for the poll. People don't pay attention and the results aren't useful usually.

She was wrong about her heritage and embellished on her job application.
Pretty sure it wasn't on any job application, just a faculty directory, which was created from a survey sent annually to law school faculty. Harvard and UPenn deny that her ethnicity was ever mentioned during the hiring process.

you're pretty sure? where's your proof? you have a link to a copy of her college application somewhere?

I accuse her of listing herself as native in those applications

In the court of public opinion it’s on her to prove thats not true

I accuse her of listing herself as native in those applications

In the court of public opinion it’s on her to prove thats not true

I am accusing you of being a fuckin' idiot. no additional proof needed in this case...

Back