Reaction score

• Here he admits Canelo backed his fighter down
  • Says he told GGG in the 8TH that he was behind
  • Says Canelo won

Pretty much threw his fighter under the bus

Is it time to part ways ?

In honor of Abel jean day

s-l300.jpg

At this point what can he do - he is past his prime and going to a new trainer . . . will it help?

Abel got him to be a forward, pressure, power punching which is a style that does not age well.

What helped him survive the early CANelo onslaught were the skills he learned as a amateur with all those fights - working off of a jab in particular.

angling for 3rd fight, nothing to see here
He was angling for a 3rd fight during the live broadcast when he told ggg in his corner he was behind

Lol makes no sense

He was angling for a 3rd fight during the live broadcast when he told ggg in his corner he was behind

Lol makes no sense
Don't be obtuse home skillet.
During the fight, Abel was trying to get more output from Gennady... And it worked. From the pep talk onward Gennady taxed that ass.

As for angling for the trilogy, that relates to his post-fight comments... so, so obviously.

Still, I don't care for Abel as a trainer. I wouldn't say he's dogshit, but he isn't exactly great. He doesn't game plan for shit, and Gassiev/GGG could both do much better with another trainer tbh.

ps... after the fight I was cool with the decision. Honestly, I saw GGG winning, but there were rounds that you could score for either man. It was a great, close fight. I actually won money on Canelo, because I was betting that GGG would need a KO to win. I expected anything close to go in Canelo's favour, because $$$$$.

Seeing some of the post-fight shit from hardcore Canelo supporters, however, makes me want to say... now wait a second, you KNOW your guy got a gift right? Like, you DO KNOW that don't you?

ps... after the fight I was cool with the decision. Honestly, I saw GGG winning, but there were rounds that you could score for either man. It was a great, close fight. I actually won money on Canelo, because I was betting that GGG would need a KO to win. I expected anything close to go in Canelo's favour, because $$$$$.

Seeing some of the post-fight shit from hardcore Canelo supporters, however, makes me want to say... now wait a second, you KNOW your guy got a gift right? Like, you DO KNOW that don't you?

Conspiracy conspiracy!

A close decision isn’t a gift. If Canelos win is a gift then a GGG win would’ve been too.

Not sure how you’ve managed to see any Canelo fans posts in this sea of tears.

1312150613401img_9719oceanoftears2dd_m.jpg

What helped him survive the early CANelo onslaught were the skills he learned as a amateur with all those fights - working off of a jab in particular.

I agree with this. Golovkin is essentially the same boxer he was 13 years ago.

Tired of hearing Abel on scoring. Why do I even need Abel's opinion. He was there to coach his fighter. And it looks like he couldn't do his job properly. He wasn't there to take notes and score the fight. And just telling your fighter 'go to the body' isn't the smartest thing a trainer can say. Listen to Nazim for example in the corner and how is he specific about how the boxer should set up body punches or avoid certain counters. The whole 'we are OK with the decision' thing is dumb talk from him as usual. He didn't take notes during the fight and wasn't scoring shit. And you bet your ass he doesn't care about watching the replay after all the money he took. Before the 12th round he is even warning Golovkin from Canelo possibly going all in with big punches. He is just playing here the role of a manager trying to secure a third money fight after back to back failures as a coach.

I agree with this. Golovkin is essentially the same boxer he was 13 years ago.

Tired of hearing Abel on scoring. Why do I even need Abel's opinion. He was there to coach his fighter. And it looks like he couldn't do his job properly. He wasn't there to take notes and score the fight. And just telling your fighter 'go to the body' isn't the smartest thing a trainer can say. Listen to Nazim for example in the corner and how is he specific about how the boxer should set up body punches or avoid certain counters. The whole 'we are OK with the decision' thing is dumb talk from him as usual. He didn't take notes during the fight and wasn't scoring shit. And you bet your ass he doesn't care about watching the replay after all the money he took. Before the 12th round he is even warning Golovkin from Canelo possibly going all in with big punches. He is just playing here the role of a manager trying to secure a third money fight after back to back failures as a coach.
<DisgustingHHH>

Told the truth, good on him. Abel is a man of integrity.

At this point what can he do - he is past his prime and going to a new trainer . . . will it help?

Abel got him to be a forward, pressure, power punching which is a style that does not age well.

This.

Nah, Golovkin needs to improve on his performance if he expects to beat Canelo in a potential rematch.
He can't be thinking he did well in the last one.

Nah, thats Kovalev level of bitterness.

He is being honest...Anybody who knows about boxing, knows Canelo won....You want an honest guy in your corner, not an ass kisser.

Sure his trainer could down play it and say it was a close fight and could've given vague answers but it's ok if he's not...even if GGG doesn't like it.

Last edited:
Back