Should GGG face Ward at LHW after Canelo and mandatories?

lol, is there anyone left anywhere who defends Adonis Stevenson (who isn't even American to begin with)? Complaining about hypothetical scenarios which you've cooked up in your head way before they've happened seems a bit strange. It's not like ex-Soviet bloc fighters are written off by and large by boxing fans. If Ward wants to jump another weight class and challenge the man in that weight class, then I can't begin to understand why people would see that as a bad thing. He jumped the line ahead of the rest of the LHW because he was by far the biggest name in the weight class, the clear #1 at SMW (for a long time), a long time top 2 or 3 p4p fighter, and he had never really come close to losing since his step up to world level. He also shut out Barrera who isn't a terrible LHW. There isn't anyone else at LHW who made close to as much sense to fight Kovalev (aside from maybe Stevenson, and we all know the issues there).

Yes I'm aware of all of this. I think you fail to see where I'm coming from.

Sure, every prize fighter should be worried about their own interests but when it becomes a business where you consistently do not get to see the best fight the best...then the business needs revising in my opinion. I want to see Gvozdyk, Beterbiev and Bivol get their chances...they are elite, undefeated, they aren't walks in the park for Ward or Stevenson. Belts should mean something again.
How are you elite without beating the elite?

by that logic, no one in history could ever be elite.
No, its just saved for those who have actually beaten the top tier opponents.

No, its just saved for those who have actually beaten the top tier opponents.

had you said you can't be elite if you don't beat top tier opponents, i'd agree.

but i'm just messing with you here, "you can't be elite if you don't beat someone elite" is a logical fallacy in this case. i know what you meant, no real quarrel here.

"How are you elite without beating the elite?"

Thought I covered it. Meh.

How are you elite without beating the elite?
Depends on if you're Clinton woods, hella sexy or kubrat pulev.

Seriously though that dude needs to answer that question, looks like a win for you.

GGG is too small. His jab and footwork are better than Kovalev's, he mixes up head and bodywork better, but he's too small for Ward.

Think GGG-Jacobs without the KD and a way harder time for GGG to land the jab consistently. I don't think GGG gets stopped though, as he has a good chin and I don't see him getting broken out of bodywork and frustration.

GGG would have to move up, Ward would have to move down.....LHW is too much for Golovkin I think...and it'd be a hell of a fight Ward vs the winner of Canelo vs GGG.

Back