Should final round score be used to settle a Draw?

cpirish

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I mean, if it's a draw, award the fight to whoever won the final round on the most out of the 3 scorecards.

Polish arm wrestling decides who gets last pizza slice

Would like to see a 4th sudden death round like they would have used for Griffin - Bonnar TUF.

Ha, they screwed that up THE ONE TIME it was actually supposed to be that way in Mighty Mouse vs Uncle Creepy I

Would like to see a 4th sudden death round like they would have used for Griffin - Bonnar TUF.

Damn right. As many sudden death rounds as needed until someone quits or gets finished. Take the judges out of the picture entirely in OT.

That is an interesting idea I've never considered. Many times when a fight ends you can see that one fighter has turned the corner and seems to be taking control, if only the fight had continued.

I am in favor of more draws than we currently have. If a fighter is not knocked out or submitted there isn't always a clear winner. If one fighter is dominant they should be declared the winner but a large number of fights can be seen either way, so why not chalk it up as a draw? That would be an incentive to either clearly dominate or finish the fight.

Back