should fighters refuse to fight if their opponents miss weight?

HW have differentials of 70 lbs sometimes. These guys are looking for a way out to refuse about <5-8 IMO. Quitters at heart. Beware when betting on them in future

There already getting a percentage of there pay. Maybe I'll ask for a bigger percentage, but I'd still fight them.

Right now it's 20%

Should be 10% per lb. Come in 10 lbs over you fight free

Can’t really refuse. If you do you’re losing out on your purse. And 20% of the other guy’s purse.

And if you piss off Dana. He might blackball you.

I’d take a short notice fight, or an overweight opponent. But, as a champ I’d NEVER do it.

goddamn. 70-80% is harsh.

i like the NC result tho.
In Road FC in South Korea, a recent title challenger came in so heavy, he forfeited his entire purse, and due to how their scoring system works, would have needed a finish to win. All his opponent had to do was survive to the end to win.

you obviously haven't seen TRT Vitor
One of the biggest myths in the UFC, look at his record, and you will get a better picture of the truth. Vitor's longest winning streak was 5 fights, way before he was known as TRT Vitor.

TRT Vitor is a myth.

In addition to the 20% purse cut, the ones who miss weight should start the fight with one point deducted.

I ws going to say this

Deducts points based on by how much weight has been missed

Like three levels, 1,2 or 3... after that fight cancelled and the other fighter get paid as if he won

One of the biggest myths in the UFC, look at his record, and you will get a better picture of the truth. Vitor's longest winning streak was 5 fights, way before he was known as TRT Vitor.

TRT Vitor is a myth.
In his TRT stun he was destroying easily some of the best fighters ever to fight at middleweight , i don't know about his 5 win streak but i am pretty sure it was not as impressive.

They would still fight an opponent on steroids. LOL

They only use it as an excuse when they lose, and glorification when they win. Steroids are not going to make your opponent better than you if he isn't.

Werdum was 40 years old and he beat Tybura who is 10 years younger than him. Name me a steroid that can give you a 10 year youth advantage over your opponent? There isn't one.

In fighting, skill, experience and fight IQ, trump any minor physical advantage a steroid can give a fighter.

So vitor always had the capability to throw spinning back kicks? But but sherdog said he couldnt do that without trt......

They only use it as an excuse when they lose, and glorification when they win. Steroids are not going to make your opponent better than you if he isn't.

Werdum was 40 years old and he beat Tybura who is 10 years younger than him. Name me a steroid that can give you a 10 year youth advantage over your opponent? There isn't one.

In fighting, skill, experience and fight IQ, trump any minor physical advantage a steroid can give a fighter.

Steroids will absolutely make you better than you would be without steroids... which means they will make you better than SOME of the opponents you face who would otherwise be better than you. Just because they don't close massive talent chasms doesn't mean they don't give you an unfair, and significant, advantage in what might otherwise be a close fight.

Pretty tough for them to do when most of them have bills to pay. They've been prepping for that day for a few months and only get a few chances per year. I don't know that the UFC compensates them in all cases, though I believe they have in a few.

If a fighter knew their opponent was on steroids I doubt they would agree to fight them. Do you think having a few extra pounds is as big an advantage as using illegal substances for recovery? I feel like fighters would be better off refusing to fight as a loss to an oversized fighter is still a loss.

Its hilarious how freaked out people are about guys taking PEDs but nobody gives a fuck about guys to suck water out of their body temporarily to get a size advantage.

A few extra pounds is nothing. Only a fucking pussy would refuse.
bd5e5dd3c7042048d58c762927c958fa--dan-henderson-mma-ufc.jpg

If a fighter knew their opponent was on steroids I doubt they would agree to fight them. Do you think having a few extra pounds is as big an advantage as using illegal substances for recovery? I feel like fighters would be better off refusing to fight as a loss to an oversized fighter is still a loss.
Yes

TRT VITOR

<Kobe213>

So vitor always had the capability to throw spinning back kicks? But but sherdog said he couldnt do that without trt......
TRT gave him muscles on top of muscles, these muscles made him move faster, hit HARDER, recover better and his reaction times were good. trt amped his aggression level to 11 out of 10, his physic was a thing of beauty.

That's how Japanese promotions do it. If the overweight fighter wins the result is changed to a NC. Plus he forfeits around 70-80% of his purse in any case.

Wha-? Why would fatty fight if he can't win and gets no money?

How would they get paid if they refuse to fight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back