Should Dodson vs JoeBen be on standby for Dillashaw vs Cedudo

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We all know Dodson has a win over Dillashaw, so the rematch there would be justified

JoeBen would continue the Team Alpha male vs Dillashaw rivalary, so that works also

Lastly, Dodson was considered the 2nd best FW for a while before Cedudo, and its a shame they never got to fight

Yes, we already saw JoeBen vs Cedudo once, but it was an entertaining and extremely close fight, a rubber match would be justified.

lol that dodson win was one of the worst stoppages ever.

How about TJ and Cejudo come in healthy and make weight...

I'm not sure benavidez would fight TJ. I believe they remain close and joe has even trained with TJ and duane in colorado since the split

I'd rather see Dodson v Benavidez than Dillashaw v Cejudo. That fight should've happened years ago.

We all know Dodson has a win over Dillashaw, so the rematch there would be justified

JoeBen would continue the Team Alpha male vs Dillashaw rivalary, so that works also

Lastly, Dodson was considered the 2nd best FW for a while before Cedudo, and its a shame they never got to fight

Yes, we already saw JoeBen vs Cedudo once, but it was an entertaining and extremely close fight, a rubber match would be justified.
The real question is if TJ vs Cejudo is for the Flyweight title then TJ should be stripped of the BW Belt IF HE LOSES. Cejudo vs Cruz for the vacant title. There is no way TJ should keep his belt if he gets beat by a Fly Weight.

lol that dodson win was one of the worst stoppages ever.
That's only a bad stoppage if you hate Dodson. TJ fell backwards without making any attempt to break his fall meaning he was out. Dodson then punched him awake and all Dilly did was grab his feet which every fighter does when they are awaken from an octagon nap. You don't need to play dead to have been KO'd. It's a sport so there will always be an emphasis on protecting the fighter long term.

That's only a bad stoppage if you hate Dodson. TJ fell backwards without making any attempt to break his fall meaning he was out. Dodson then punched him awake and all Dilly did was grab his feet which every fighter does when they are awaken from an octagon nap. You don't need to play dead to have been KO'd. It's a sport so there will always be an emphasis on protecting the fighter long term.
dont be silly. he was already grabbing a leg of dodsons when he was falling back. and i dont really like either of them.

1_medium.gif

dont be silly. he was already grabbing a leg of dodsons when he was falling back. and i dont really like either of them.

1_medium.gif
You need to take a better look. He's not grabbing Dodson's leg on the way down at all. He's just falling with his arms out and his left arm lands on Dodson't leg. I would accept the argument that John helped TJ down with a bit of a push, but TJ was clearly out as he fell.
It reminds me of the second Silva /Weidman fight. Silva was out in the clinch long before the leg break, but he got punched right back awake. A flash KO is still every bit a KO. ATW I'm with you on not really being a fan of either. I hate Dodson and I don't really like Dilly.

You need to take a better look. He's not grabbing Dodson's leg on the way down at all. He's just falling with his arms out and his left arm lands on Dodson't leg. I would accept the argument that John helped TJ down with a bit of a push, but TJ was clearly out as he fell.
It reminds me of the second Silva /Weidman fight. Silva was out in the clinch long before the leg break, but he got punched right back awake. A flash KO is still every bit a KO. ATW I'm with you on not really being a fan of either. I hate Dodson and I don't really like Dilly.
i actually understand now.

the anderson example helped me.

<Moves><Moves><Moves>

The way Dodson fights these days, I hope to God we don't have to watch five rounds of it.

I made a thread advocating for a 135-135 8 man tourney, they should definitely try something out. The 135 strap will be busy for a while with Dillashaw fighting Cejudo and possibly fighting Cruz after that.

Benavidez vs Dodson
Pettis vs Sterling
Formiga vs Rivera
Figueiredo vs Stamman

I made a thread advocating for a 135-135 8 man tourney, they should definitely try something out. The 135 strap will be busy for a while with Dillashaw fighting Cejudo and possibly fighting Cruz after that.

Benavidez vs Dodson
Pettis vs Sterling
Formiga vs Rivera
Figueiredo vs Stamman

135 is a fairly underrated division

Nor Dodson, or Benavidez have done anything of late to warrant a title shot at either weight class, so.. no

"would be justified"

Stopped reading right here

Marlon is next

Back