Should Conor's Boxing Coach Be Fired? (Admits not prepared for strategy Floyd revealed before fight)

Should Conor's boxing coach be fired?

• Total voters
Owen and Kavanagh are two of the biggest jokes in MMA.

Conor couldn't be ready for someone to walk straight at him?

uh yeah fire the guy. Watch mayweather vs canelo to see when mayweather takes a power puncher seriously and still makes him look like a mid tier fighter. if floyd did that to canelo, he's doing that to conor, all day and on sunday even at 40.

Jesus christ could've trained conor and even He couldn't have miracled conor's ass a win.

How dare you!
We are talking about boxing icon Owen Roddy here!

There is only so much you can cover in a short training camp tbf, the fact that Floyd was forced to go to plan C shows they were doing something right.

There is only so much you can cover in a short training camp tbf, the fact that Floyd was forced to go to plan C shows they were doing something right.

Plan C? Floyd was saying for weeks this is exactly what he was going to do.

Walk Conor down, make it exciting, and finish him.

Plan C? Floyd was saying for weeks this is exactly what he was going to do.

Walk Conor down, make it exciting, and finish him.
DkZefqO.gif

LOL, the delusion and cluelessness is still strong in the Conor groupies I see.

LOL, the delusion and cluelessness is still strong in the Conor groupies I see.
He changed his stance twice, so yeah the 3rd stance was Plan C. I wouldn't expect you to pick up on these little nuances in boxing though, it's ok it's just your lack of knowledge.

They seem to all be friends more than anything. I don't think thats a good mix. They are definitely yes men
Every boxing expert said Mayweather will eventually start walking him down. So for them not to plan for that, is just hilarious. And they can probably expect more of that from Diaz if they fight again.

Then, didn't his trainer give him a brown belt for bjj? I wonder if he's really even on that level or did the guy just give him the belt.

No-one in Conor's camp should be fired. Before the fight, it was clear that they were unqialified to train McGregor for a boxing match, but this had little to do with the outcome of Mayweather winning. The gap in skills was just too big.

He changed his stance twice, so yeah the 3rd stance was Plan C. I wouldn't expect you to pick up on these little nuances in boxing though, it's ok it's just your lack of knowledge.

He did everything according to plan, including doing nothing for the first 3 rounds, just standing in front of Conor with basic defence and letting him punch himself out.

But yeah, I wouldn't expect a clueless Conor groupie who knows literally nothing about boxing to understand Floyd was doing exactly what he wanted, and planned.

LOL at "forced to go to plan C". I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about boxing. Run along now little boy, and masturbate over Pillow Fists McGregory's weigh in photos some more.

{<jordan}

He did everything according to plan, including doing nothing for the first 3 rounds, just standing in front of Conor with basic defence and letting him punch himself out.

But yeah, I wouldn't expect a clueless Conor groupie who knows literally nothing about boxing to understand Floyd was doing exactly what he wanted, and planned.

LOL at "forced to go to plan C". I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about boxing. Run along now little boy, and masturbate over Pillow Fists McGregory's weigh in photos some more.

{<jordan}

Sure you have, I seriously doubt you've ever boxed in your life, playing Balrog in street fighter 2 doesn't count.

He would have been better off training with Katie Taylor. At least she knows how to actually throw a punch.

She has decent speed, but that isn't much power. Not to mention, look where she is actually landing on the gloves. Her accuracy is pretty bad. Not sure why that would impress anyone. I haven't and don't watch really any girl spar or hit pads or fight outside of JJ. Is this good for a female or something? Her footwork isn't even very good. Her chin is held way too high. Men can get by with these things due to their athleticism if they have the reflextions, females can't.

This interview really shows his delusion. Floyd doesnt use the shell much versus southpaws historically. Also Floyd was walking Conor down in the first few rounds too he just wasn't throwing any offense until the 4th.

Hope he'll learn. But it was crazy he wasn't seeing what was happening.

Im not a boxing coach and i knew thats what floyd would do lol

McGregor’s boxing coach: We weren’t ready for Floyd Mayweather’s Walking Down Strategy (TM)

Conor McGregor’s boxing coach Owen Roddy admits they were not prepared for Floyd Mayweather’s strategy on fight night.

"Floyd Mayweather Jr. is known for his defensive approach in his fights, which is ultimately the main recipe for his success over the last two decades of his career. But during the August 26th fight against Conor McGregor, the undefeated 50-0 boxer let go of this approach and instead came forward, as he had promised during pre-fight interviews.

It was a strategy that McGregor’s boxing coach Owen Roddy admitted to not being prepared for. During his interview on Monday’s MMA Hour episode, Roddy said he was expecting the usual Philly shell shoulder roll that Mayweather had been best known for.

“I honestly thought (Mayweather) was going to pop shots, sit back, work the shoulder roll and Philly shell. He did play that game for the first couple of rounds,” Roddy said (via MMA Fighting). “Conor was having success with all of that, but unfortunately I didn’t have the stuff in place for the walking down strategy. Oops.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/9/...regor-owen-roddy-strategy-boxing-ufc-mma-news

This boxing coach is about as sharp as his cardio coach who said Conor was prepared for 12 rounds or more. Conor is surrounded by idiots!

Ruddy Roddh a Irish Edmond both said they were expecting Floyd to use his Philly shell defence.

Let us just pause and think about this. These two so called professionals were expecting Floyd, an orthodox, to use Philly shell against a southpaw.

Basic logic and watching numerous previous Floyd fights against southpaws did not give them a clue that the Philly shell is not effective against southpaws and hence not used against them?

Tells you everything.

No.

Win or Learn. Isn't that the title of Conor's MMA coach's recent book? So why would Conor hold losing against his boxing coach? Chalk this boxing loss up to learning.

No that's just a little Connie team slogan to make him feel better about losing. He hasn't learned shit. He gassed out to Diaz 1 then gasssed out to diaz 2 then gassed out to Floyd.

Conah with no powah is ovah. He will lose his next fight if he takes in Diaz, Ferguson or Khabib. Mark my words.

Lol, all the gods from odin to jesus could have trained and cornered conor and he still would have lost.. dude is an amateur boxer against a great

Back