Should Bellator bring back "Fight Master" to build up prospects?

A fightmaster with the inexperienced guys but with real potential would be good. The Picos and Honeycutts. The problem with the first one was the talent sucked.

needs to be something completely different.

heres how you do it bellator.

- 16 fighters
- a gym with 4 levels/floors
- each round a fighter moves up to the next level like the game of death
- first level the fighters fight in a boxing match
- second level they fight in a grappling match
- third level is a kickboxing match
- final level they fight an MMA match to be the true fight master showing no weakness in grappling or in striking by passing each level, the final level is a culmination of the skills, the winner will not be one dimensional but a true fight master
- no teams, every man for themselves
- each level has a an instructor for that specialty
- kareem abdul jabar makes an appearance
- since bellator wants to promote their kickboxing too, this is a way to highlight kickboxing somewhat as well

<{danayeah}>

What about that show MTV did were it was like a documentary about guys who wanted to do MMA? Maybe revive that with a 4 man tourney, semifinals are the the season finale (in a smaller promotion) and finals happen on a Bellator show.

What about that show MTV did were it was like a documentary about guys who wanted to do MMA? Maybe revive that with a 4 man tourney, semifinals are the the season finale (in a smaller promotion) and finals happen on a Bellator show.

Outside of live/tape delayed events, how many hours of shoulder programming does the channel give them? Maybe 5 hours per year?

needs to be something completely different.

heres how you do it bellator.

- 16 fighters
- a gym with 4 levels/floors
- each round a fighter moves up to the next level like the game of death
- first level the fighters fight in a boxing match
- second level they fight in a grappling match
- third level is a kickboxing match
- final level they fight an MMA match to be the true fight master showing no weakness in grappling or in striking by passing each level, the final level is a culmination of the skills, the winner will not be one dimensional but a true fight master
- no teams, every man for themselves
- each level has a an instructor for that specialty
- kareem abdul jabar makes an appearance
- since bellator wants to promote their kickboxing too, this is a way to highlight kickboxing somewhat as well

Actually sounds like a fun concept.

Or make a bellator contender where you whole show is about building there prospects

Outside of live/tape delayed events, how many hours of shoulder programming does the channel give them? Maybe 5 hours per year?

Not on Paramount on MTV or MTV2, if the original was a success (don't know if it was) maybe they can talk them into this?

you what's cheaper than making a show on tv and probably have the same effect is start doing looking a fight series on Bellator YouTube Channel with Tito and chuck.

I'm not sure Bellator has much say or freedom in what they want to do.

How often do you see a replay of any Bellator event on Spike and now Paramount?
How often do you see any shows building up an upcoming card? I think zero since the PPV
How many top 10 shows about anything with Bellator has ever been produce?
Why don't they have some weekly 30 min MMA news show?

I hate to say it but its almost like Viacom could not care less about Bellator. It's almost like here is your operating budget, we want "x' amount of shows this year, keep shows around 2 hours unless approved otherwise, we'll give you a few advertising spots we reserve for our own shows through out the daily schedule that you can advertise the next event, and we'll meet you in a year and talk about the future.

P.S.: When UFC was on Spike you could at least see Spike was heavily invested in the UFC doing good. It felt like there was 50 hours of UFC programming every week on Spike.

you what's cheaper than making a show on tv and probably have the same effect is start doing looking a fight series on Bellator YouTube Channel with Tito and chuck.
sticking them two together for a show with a "coach's challenge" type thing for each episode would be great

I think the show was bs. It was a bit too 'lowkey'.

What could work is perhaps doing what the tapout crew did back in the days and travel all over America to scout for talent, talk with prospects and trainers and do alot of pranks on each oher. *Dana white copied this concept for Dana looking for a fight*

Who will be in the show?
Frank Shamrock, Randy Couture and Brendan Schaub would make the perfect cast.

I liked Fightmaster very much.
Coaches need to be big names again.
It was great to watch Randy and Frank Shammy do their thing.

Didn't it do horrible numbers? The coaches were great and that's about all I can say about it. I mean Joe Riggs won When he was just a shell of his former self.

It was an terrible show with 10 year outdated graphics and production with maybe 1 or 2 bellator top 10 level prospects, Joe Riggs and scrubs.

Also annoying/boring coaches. Joe Warren was so annoying and he sucked up all the air time.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

It was a terrible show and any nostalgic positive spin put on it is through hipster goggles. Let it stay dead as it should be, the first season was an absolute cringe inducing embarrassment.

Back