Shots fired outside US Capitol building

Even in 2001, when the most devastating and destructive act of foreign born terror on our soil ever occurred...

16,000 Americans murdered other Americans.

And 90,000 rapes, 400,000 robberies, and nearly a million assaults.

Over 2 million burglaries, and 8 million instances of theft/auto-theft
Oh that's alright then.....now lets apply that throwaway "they did it too" attitude and apply it to some other things...

If WW3 kicks off and millions die, then don't worry about it!, Millions of people died in the first two World Wars...
As some people litter, then i might as well throw all my rubbish on the floor too, afterall, other people do it!
If a woman i know gets raped, then i should tell her to shut the fuck with that belly achin', people get raped around the world every day!

What you are displaying, has to be some kind of a sickness...no offense, but you and everyone like you are extremely dangerous people...if you can downplay something as evil as the 9/11 terror attacks, then you should be thankful that you are out of my swinging distance when they top 9/11 with something worse..that you will just downplay like a psychotic, heartless shill

Oh that's alright then.....now lets apply that throwaway "they did it too" attitude and apply it to some other things...

If WW3 kicks off and millions die, then don't worry about it!, Millions of people died in the first two World Wars...
As some people litter, then i might as well throw all my rubbish on the floor too, afterall, other people do it!
If a woman i know gets raped, then i should tell her to shut the fuck with that belly achin', people get raped around the world every day!

What you are displaying, has to be some kind of a sickness...no offense, but you and everyone like you are extremely dangerous people...if you can downplay something as evil as the 9/11 terror attacks, then you should be thankful that you are out of my swinging distance when they top 9/11 with something worse..that you will just downplay like a psychotic, heartless shill

It's not they did it too.

It's our domestic problems are greater than the threat of foreign born extremists and we should be more reasonable when assigning threats and addressing the issues that plague our society.

It's not they did it too.

It's our domestic problems are greater than the threat of foreign born extremists and we should be more reasonable when assigning threats and addressing the issues that plague our society.
Ok, well that's a good reason not to add to it by allowing people in that hate America..

It's like you're crying about a hangnail while you have a head wound.
Oh well, at least I'm not in the business of excusing massacres perpetrated by literally the most barbaric people on the planet..

Oh well, at least I'm not in the business of excusing massacres perpetrated by literally the most barbaric people on the planet..

No one is excusing anything.

You're making things up.

our domestic problems may be greater than foreign born extremists

but it absolutely isn't the same for the rest of the UN and NATO

so either we don't care about them (fine by me), or we do and people are deflecting from the clear issues of 3rd world savagery pervasive to the Middle East and Africa

It's like you're crying about a hangnail while you have a head wound.
More along the lines of importing food processed with questionable safety practices and oversight. Sure, you're gonna find you have delicious food stuff more often than not but when that bad beef or chicken gets through a lot of people get poisoned and some even die. Do you call that the cost of cheap imports, or do you demand better oversight and quality control?

More along the lines of importing food processed with questionable safety practices and oversight. Sure, you're gonna find you have delicious food stuff more often than not but when that bad beef or chicken gets through a lot of people get poisoned and some even die. Do you call that the cost of cheap imports, or do you demand better oversight and quality control?

That analogy only makes sense if the domestic produced food is significantly more deadly than the foreign food.

That analogy only makes sense if the domestic produced food is significantly more deadly than the foreign food.
Nope, it's addressing one of two problems. Now if you agree that our own quality control needs to be revamped and enforced that's a valid argument to make, but of the two issues of poisoned food we have a better chance of addressing one of the two problems much more quickly and effectively than our domestic issue. Also, if you keep getting shipments of foodstuffs from specific foreign providers that tend to show a higher instance of spoilage or contamination you scrutinize those sources more, import less from those sources or find completely different sources of goods.

Nope, it's addressing one of two problems. Now if you agree that our own quality control needs to be revamped and enforced that's a valid argument to make, but of the two issues of poisoned food we have a better chance of addressing one of the two problems much more quickly and effectively than our domestic issue. Also, if you keep getting shipments of foodstuffs from specific foreign providers that tend to show a higher instance of spoilage or contamination you scrutinize those sources more, import less from those sources or find completely different sources of goods.

I would say the domestic issues are more pressing and significant and should get a larger majority of our attention and resources to correct.

Your argument is "Well, we poison our own people with our domestic sources much more so a bit more poisoning isn't gonna matter either way..."

Your argument is "Well, we poison our own people with our domestic sources much more so a bit more poisoning isn't gonna matter either way..."

No, it's not at all. Not even close.

We are killing ourselves at a much greater rate and at a much greater efficiency but we're still more concerned with and invest more in protections from foreign threats.

Just because I want more emphasis and investment in our REAL PROBLEMS doesn't mean I want to ignore the foreign threats.

No, it's not at all. Not even close.

We are killing ourselves at a much greater rate and at a much greater efficiency but we're still more concerned with and invest more in protections from foreign threats.

Just because I want more emphasis and investment in our REAL PROBLEMS doesn't mean I want to ignore the foreign threats.
Good to hear. When it comes to foreign vs domestic threats I will agree that given the numbers of violent crimes committed in our country makes the domestic issue of much greater and long lasting concern. However, as it pertains to addressing the issue it will take much more time and money to address the domestic problem, and it will be money and time well spent, than it will take to address our foreign concerns.

The issues of foreign imported violence can best be addressed with much better vetting, an eye toward smaller "quotas" of visas, honest appraisals of home countries where immigrants are coming from, better cooperation from government agencies that end up dealing with immigrants, strict dealings with illegal immigration and domestic programs for assimilation oversight.

Domestic violence will require an actual shift in American societal values as a whole and for those locations most prone to these issues specifically. It will require comprehensive work from a variety of agencies and will require generations.

One is more realistic to address in the "short term" than the other, especially when an overall goal of national and public safety is the primary outcome. And no one is saying that both issues can't be addressed at the same time.

Good to hear. When it comes to foreign vs domestic threats I will agree that given the numbers of violent crimes committed in our country makes the domestic issue of much greater and long lasting concern. However, as it pertains to addressing the issue it will take much more time and money to address the domestic problem, and it will be money and time well spent, than it will take to address our foreign concerns.

The issues of foreign imported violence can best be addressed with much better vetting, an eye toward smaller "quotas" of visas, honest appraisals of home countries where immigrants are coming from, better cooperation from government agencies that end up dealing with immigrants, strict dealings with illegal immigration and domestic programs for assimilation oversight.

Domestic violence will require an actual shift in American societal values as a whole and for those locations most prone to these issues specifically. It will require comprehensive work from a variety of agencies and will require generations.

One is more realistic to address in the "short term" than the other, especially when an overall goal of national and public safety is the primary outcome. And no one is saying that both issues can't be addressed at the same time.

Terrorism is a low hanging fruit for voters and politicians on both sides.

Terrorism is a low hanging fruit for voters and politicians on both sides.
And yet, we've become so numb to domestic sources of violence it takes such to raise public interest unless the domestic act is of particular "horror".

Check her facebook, guarantee many Hillary likes, she was motivated, after seeing Hillary resurface!!!

And yet, we've become so numb to domestic sources of violence it takes such to raise public interest unless the domestic act is of particular "horror".

Our investment in combatting terrorism has gotten out of hand.

The anti-big government crowd seems to have no complaints that we've created an entirely new, and in my opinion entirely redundant, department of homeland security.

There is nothing the DHS does that our existing security agencies already couldn't handle or weren't already handling.

We had good intelligence before 9/11 on the attacks, but it was ignored due to the incompetence of the Bush administration.

The DHS is an overreaction to failure.

Back