Shotgun help

Actually good HD rounds(soft points, ballistics tips like Vmax) in .223 penetrate less sheet rock than .45 9mm or 00.

I'm not a huge fan of rifle for home defense. I'm worried about the penetration through the drywall. It's outside the price range of TS, but I keep my Mossberg 930 SPX (I shoot 3-gun) for that purpose.

Admittedly they are running it suppressed.

Exactly, I don't really full my house with expensive stuff, I like to use my spending money to go hunting and exploring remote areas. I probably have 30-40k worth of guns but no 2 but thug is getting into my safe or getting that safe unbolted from my floor/house frame.

My mountaineering gewr is sort of old, probably pushing like 15 years now but ice axes, crampons, boots, tents don't really seem to break very often. There's some bicycles but I'm 6'4 so you'd have to be tall to ride them away. I don't even have a tv.
Yeah, I’m kind of the same way. I like being outside, doing stuff. I recently started working a desk after I changed out of the coolest job that I will ever have ever. Needless to say, I’ve been bored lately. Anyways, no gangsta is getting their hands on my guns either, and I doubt that they would even know what they were looking at if they saw my dive gear. My stuff is really nice and serviceable, but it doesn’t look like it’s as expensive as it is. It’s nowhere near as fancy-looking as a TV. Sounds a lot like mountaineering gear.

Admittedly they are running it suppressed.

Something like this is my next gun purchase :) I love the .300 AAC. If I were going back to Iraq tomorrow, I'd want this round. It's easily suppressed, runs well off a short barrel, would be easy to adapt to without much retraining for shooters, wouldn't affect the weight of your kit much, and would be one hell of a CQB round. I'd happily leave the .556 at home for that rodeo. Great vid, thanks.

Something like this is my next gun purchase :) I love the .300 AAC. If I were going back to Iraq tomorrow, I'd want this round. It's easily suppressed, runs well off a short barrel, would be easy to adapt to without much retraining for shooters, wouldn't affect the weight of your kit much, and would be one hell of a CQB round. I'd happily leave the .556 at home for that rodeo. Great vid, thanks.
I'd love to get a 300 Blackout gun but hearing they run better suppressed has always made me shy away

edit

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m kind of the same way. I like being outside, doing stuff. I recently started working a desk after I changed out of the coolest job that I will ever have ever. Needless to say, I’ve been bored lately. Anyways, no gangsta is getting their hands on my guns either, and I doubt that they would even know what they were looking at if they saw my dive gear. My stuff is really nice and serviceable, but it doesn’t look like it’s as expensive as it is. It’s nowhere near as fancy-looking as a TV. Sounds a lot like mountaineering gear.

Yeah my safe is super secure, honestly if somebody broke into my house, I'd be more concerned with my animals than whatever they could easily grab and make off with.

It's a pretty pointless round (imo) if you aren't running it suppressed.
well...it gives you 7.62x39 performance out of an AR-15. 7.62 soviet conversions in AR's have always been dicey as far as functionality wise, so now you have a round that will function with most of what an AR owner already has, but allows them better short range performance and barrier defeating. Or you know, you can actually legally hunt medium sized game with it too. its an excellent pig killer and its easy to make hash of a decent sized sounder with a mag of .300 on a short barreled AR

well...it gives you 7.62x39 performance out of an AR-15. 7.62 soviet conversions in AR's have always been dicey as far as functionality wise, so now you have a round that will function with most of what an AR owner already has, but allows them better short range performance and barrier defeating. Or you know, you can actually legally hunt medium sized game with it too. its an excellent pig killer and its easy to make hash of a decent sized sounder with a mag of .300 on a short barreled AR

110gr has the same fpe as 75gr 5.56 at 100 yards, slightly more at muzzle and from 200+ has less fpe and much more drop. Legality depends on state, unfortunately people were using fmj instead of a good hunting round like tsx.

Unless you plan on doing a suppressed sbr there are better choices imo. 6.5, 6.8 or even 5.56 depending on application.

my opinion on shotguns is either an 870 or a 590a1. Love them both to death. I would probably get a Benelli M4 if I had a spare 1500 bucks but that probably wont happen for awhile

my opinion on shotguns is either an 870 or a 590a1. Love them both to death. I would probably get a Benelli M4 if I had a spare 1500 bucks but that probably wont happen for awhile
I want a SuperNova.

i like benelli's and will be picking up an ethos come January but the M4 is pretty trash for the amount youll drop. right after plunking 1500 bucks, youll drop another hundred just bringing the capacity beyond 5 shells. the stock forend is a 2 piece abomination that will be replaced as soon as you break it (which will be soon since its thinner than an eggshell and just as brittle).

for a shotgun that cost almost 3x as much as mossberg 930 tactical, they really could have did a better job.

Back