Shot Show 2017

I have too many things on my plate right now.

- AR-10 project
- 6.5 Creedmoor project
- S3F Solutions 9mm conversion barrel which means I need a bunch of G19 mags

Argh. Taking the 23 to my local gunsmith to get some work done on the frame, grind out some of that area right near the triggerguard and install a moderately extended slide release, one of those Glock OEM ones that frankly is my biggest critique of Glock. IF THEY FUCKING MAKE that little knub slide release thing why can't you BUY a fucking gun from the factory configured that way?!

The work on the frame isn't a huge deal but if I shoot my 23 for more than 3-4 mags my middle finger feels jacked up for like a day from all the rubbing.

I'm trying to wrap up some projects myself. I'm finishing up my glock 20 project as well as a few rifles.

I actually am planning on taking a break from
Guns...at least buying them. I have too many that rarely if ever get used as it is so immreally trying to pare it down tonlike ~ 15. Just a good selection of good stuff to cover anything I need.

I'm also wanting to buy a really nice pack raft so I can get into some more remote areas for fly fishing and hunting.

Last edited:
The company I work for was at SHOT show this year, although we don't make firearms.

www.sandsprecision.com

We make body armor plate frames and harnesses, high end gadgets and illumination devices, and a bunch more 'blacklist' govx shit for SpecOps. We are right around the corner from DevGru in VA Beach.

Which pistols?

P226 probably a Legion, after shooting it's just so nice and maybe a p220 sao legion when it comes out

P220 10mm

A threaded P320rx or M&P 2 performancecenter(when it comes out)

629 stealth hunter, this one is probably going to be a much much later purchase. I really want it but $1300 on a monster revolver is not really a priority.

P226 probably a Legion, after shooting it's just so nice and maybe a p220 sao legion when it comes out

P220 10mm

A threaded P320rx or M&P 2 performancecenter(when it comes out)

629 stealth hunter, this one is probably going to be a much much later purchase. I really want it but $1300 on a monster revolver is not really a priority.

That's a lot of Sig. Still want one. I've got a Mosquito but it's hard to count that piece of poo.

That's a lot of Sig. Still want one. I've got a Mosquito but it's hard to count that piece of poo.

They are by far my favorite range pistols. I just love the way the look as well.

LegionSAO.1.jpg

P226_EnhancedElite_L_sm.jpg

6231a7cde0378425d521ed87b72eb6b8.jpg

IMG_0504_web.jpg

ff88d99d032f02c79fb879b3aa31bb74.jpg

15.jpg

SI9389SCPNTB.jpg

The P226 sao legion I shot was close to a good 1911. Action was super smooth and the trigger was great. It just shot so smooth.

They are by far my favorite range pistols. I just love the way the look as well.

LegionSAO.1.jpg

P226_EnhancedElite_L_sm.jpg

6231a7cde0378425d521ed87b72eb6b8.jpg

IMG_0504_web.jpg

ff88d99d032f02c79fb879b3aa31bb74.jpg

15.jpg

SI9389SCPNTB.jpg

The P226 sao legion I shot was close to a good 1911. Action was super smooth and the trigger was great. It just shot so smooth.

I've never shot one. There just always seems to be some other gun i want more. Most recently it was the CZ 40B. Sending off payment for that one tomorrow. :)

And now I also want a CGW CZ P-09

Urban-Gray-003.jpg

Coincidentally I've contacted CGW and am now on their list to get in line for work to be done. :eek: Yeah, they said they'd get back to me next month to let me place an order that'll take a couple few months to fulfill. Will send them my P-09 and SP-01 to see what magic can be performed. The SP-01 will also get an RMR. :cool:

Still trying to find a handgun more near and dear than a bone-stock 85 Combat. Only competition so far is from 1911's. But I'd rather shoot 9mm and mine are all .45. Do love my Baby Eagle .40. But that's a a clone of the 75!

Going back to what I was saying about always buying everything but the 226, I'm already more interested in the Rex Zero 1. But there's a big problem. :(

Arex-REX-Zero-1-Pistol.jpg

Can't fuckin' stand this white lettering import mark. :mad::mad:

But nice work on the slide stop/decocker and having a manual safety.

What makes you want the P-09 all the sudden?

Coincidentally I've contacted CGW and am now on their list to get in line for work to be done. :eek: Yeah, they said they'd get back to me next month to let me place an order that'll take a couple few months to fulfill. Will send them my P-09 and SP-01 to see what magic can be performed. The SP-01 will also get an RMR. :cool:

Still trying to find a handgun more near and dear than a bone-stock 85 Combat. Only competition so far is from 1911's. But I'd rather shoot 9mm and mine are all .45. Do love my Baby Eagle .40. But that's a a clone of the 75!

Going back to what I was saying about always buying everything but the 226, I'm already more interested in the Rex Zero 1. But there's a big problem. :(

Arex-REX-Zero-1-Pistol.jpg

Can't fuckin' stand this white lettering import mark. :mad::mad:

But nice work on the slide stop/decocker and having a manual safety.

What makes you want the P-09 all the sudden?

Not really suddenly, I've liked the look of the P-09(and I've read the CGW set up is awesome) but I always forget about them. Tbh it's the only CZ pistol I've ever considered(other than a scorpion evo, also on my to buy). I really don't like the way most of them look.

I'm pretty surprised the Rex was able to design that like they did, pretty damn close to sig, not quite as good looking though imo. Never been a fan of safeties but I've read almost all good things and as Mac proves it's very reliable.

Get it in fde?

rex_zero_1_fde_9mm_luger_2.jpg

Not really suddenly, I've liked the look of the P-09(and I've read the CGW set up is awesome) but I always forget about them. Tbh it's the only CZ pistol I've ever considered(other than a scorpion evo, also on my to buy). I really don't like the way most of them look.

I'm pretty surprised the Rex was able to design that like they did, pretty damn close to sig, not quite as good looking though imo. Never been a fan of safeties but I've read almost all good things and as Mac proves it's very reliable.

Get it in fde?

rex_zero_1_fde_9mm_luger_2.jpg

Funny you only like the P-09. Whereas I love the way most of them look and find that one to be just ok. But I figured I'd give it a try since I'm a CZ fan boy and didn't have either a .40 or a polymer model from them. Just holding it doesn't do much for me since it's not steel. But I've read that CGW does a real number on them and I'll ship it off to them before even shooting it. This 40B, on the contrary, totally floats my boat. Should have bought one years ago.

th

Yeah, I kinda like that FDE version alright. Something tells me that's pre-import and FIME will add their ugly import mark. There's supposed to be a tactical version coming out that looks cool. But the threaded barrel and assortment of red dot plates and screws jack up the price into the $800 range.

Back