SHOT CALLER - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Jon Bernthal, Crime / Prison Drama Movie | Page 5

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by DaleBoca, Jun 15, 2017.

1. VitorReem Geralt of Rivia

VitorReem
    Looks awesome.

2. MadSquabbles500 Gold Belt

MadSquabbles500
    I did not see Holt McCallany in this movie. And when I saw his picture, I thought he was latino or something

Peteyandjia likes this.
  3. Lights Out 101 Purple Belt

Lights Out 101
    Just finished watching and I really enjoyed it. I agree that the premise would have worked better as a 2 part movie, it did feel a tad rushed. Still a solid 7/10

4. Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Pliny Pete
    Watched it last night and it was pretty damn good
    I was very impressed with how authentic everything was
    They used the right slang words for the right prison gangs and understood prison politics and how convicts programmed on the yard and on the streets
    The shit brought back some old memories lol

I still dont understand why Money did what he did at the end though
    He knew they were on him, why go through with the gun sale?
    Are you saying he was so institutionalized that he wanted to go back?
    And why give up all those guns to the parole officer for free?
    Because it was the right thing to do?
    He wa a hardened killer by that point but I guess they were trying to say he still had a conscience which is whe he made sure all the gangsters involved in the sale and all the guns were off the streets?
    Yea thats possible but a movie this good deserved a better resolution
    He wasnt in a federal prison he was in Corcoran which is a California state prison
    Im not gonna spoil the movie for you but its kinda plausible because he started out in gen pop and then worked his way up to level 4 high security through his own actions

But in reality a square bear businessman with strong family ties in the community, doing time for a DUI manslaughter with a release date less than two years away, would've most likely never even hit the main line
    He would've went from a 23 and 1 classification yard straight to a level 1 work farm or fire camp and avoided all the drama that set him on the path to becoming a hardened criminal
    Still worth watching though

RollSonnenRoll likes this.
  5. The_Renaissance On, ahem, fleek

The_Renaissance
    Watched it last weekend, and while it was alright, three things massively did my head in and made me enjoy it less.

1) That guy wouldn't have been in with that lot, he was a high-flying pretty wealthy guy who went down for DUI / manslaughter. He wouldn't have ever been thrown to the wolves and chucked into a prison like that with that sort of inmate.

2) Even if I suspend disbelief on number 1. He would never have gotten to deep into the Peckerwood crew as quickly and effortlessly (to an extent) as that. Ridiculous.

3) 'The Beast' seemed like a good movie villain....yet got about 15mins of screen time. Waste of a character.

The whole film felt rushed and just too unbelievable, worth a watch though.

6. Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Pliny Pete
    I generally agree with #1 but you're off on #2 though
    He put in work from the moment he hit the yard and refused to punk out no matter what happened so he would've quickly been embraced by the Woods
    Recruitment starts as soon as you step off the bus and if you handle your shit and show a little intelligence you rise up quickly

I think keeping The Beast off screen added to his power as a character
    In reality someone like that would be kept in Ad-Seg and would have almost no interaction with any other humans so doing it the way they did kept it believable and made him seem like a bad ass super villian