SHOT CALLER - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Jon Bernthal, Crime / Prison Drama Movie

king slayer killed it in Small Crimes

will check this out

Saw this yesterday, it's a fucking great movie. Acting wise everyone stepped up their game, even Keith Jardine in his cameo role does good. I laughed at Beranthal's character because he was basically "what if Netfllix's Punisher joined the AB during his time in jail"(even the characters name is Frank) mixed in with some old school Shane. He even does the trademark "eyo, maskusumthn" lmao. The movie reminded me of Breaking Bad A LOT. Middleclass white guy with wife and kid faces "make or break" life altering events and ends up rising above everyone else in the criminal world while leaving his wife and kid behind in a bitter sweet end. If you never watched Breaking Bad and don't have the attention span to sit through 6 seasons of a drama show, this is a pretty good alternative. It's this years Sicario in terms of very modest amounts of hype and marketing behind it. It's a classic sleeper hit you'll see yourself either buying on blue ray or downloading it from a torrent site asking yourself how did this get pass you.

Saw a trailer for this while at the gym. Now I'll have to watch due to sherbro reviews.

It seems A LOT like Felon with Val Kilmer.

Exactly what I thought from the trailer. Felon was much better than expected (it was a direct-to-DVD at the time I saw it)

Made me wish for a Val Kilmer resurgence like Mcconaughey has had.

watched it today but didn't think it was anything special. enjoyable as I love all prison gang movies, but I'd say Felon was better.

Exactly what I thought from the trailer. Felon was much better than expected (it was a direct-to-DVD at the time I saw it)

Made me wish for a Val Kilmer resurgence like Mcconaughey has had.
I think the same guy that made Felon made this movie. It has it's similarities, but it's a different kind of prison movie. It doesn't have the classic "happy ending" and it's a bit more realisicly made. Couple of ex cons made a yt vids reviewing the movie and say that yeah, that's more or less how it would go down in real life if Jamie Lannister really went to jail.

It seems A LOT like Felon with Val Kilmer.

It is indeed. First thing I thought when watching it, it even had that one crazy 'Woods' guy (Redwood) that was in both lol. It was nicely shot though, I still enjoyed it, but yeah, not very original. Oz is the best, Orange is the new Black can fuck off.

This was a FANTASTIC movie. It was probably one of the best movies I have seen this year.

Its been long time i saw a good gangsta movie
I would rate it 8/10

Downloaded it last night, will watch after work.

I just watched this last night. Interesting film with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau a.k.a. Jaime Lannister.

A newly released prison gangster is forced by the leaders of his gang to orchestrate a major crime with a brutal rival gang on the streets of Southern California.

It's a well-made movie and it's cool to see him tackle a role like this.

Anyone else seen it?

I'll check it out. I'm always down for a good Prison Movie.

On a side note after all of these years I just realized that Jamie lannister's character is not played by Aaron Eckhart (Actor fromThank You for Smoking)

They do look a like though...

upload_2017-9-3_14-35-47.jpeg

I'll check it out. I'm always down for a good Prison Movie.

It's like 50% in prison, 50% on the street.

It's a good film. Definitely give it a look.

On a side note after all of these years I just realized that Jamie lannister's character is not played by Aaron Eckhart (Actor fromThank You for Smoking)

LOL WTF? Are you being serious?

Do you actually watch the show or have you just seen a few clips?

It's like 50% in prison, 50% on the street.

It's a good film. Definitely give it a look.

LOL WTF? Are you being serious?

Do you actually watch the show or have you just seen a few clips?

I started watching it about three years ago. I binge watched it up until season 5 ended and have been keeping up with it ever since. I always thought he was the Thank You for Smoking guy. :oops:

Back