SHOT CALLER - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Jon Bernthal, Crime / Prison Drama Movie

Dude transforms while in prison, reminds me of those before and after progression shots they do of convicts who come in clean cut and after years are tatted up and hardened from the prison life.

Looks good but the true question is...does he fuck his sister in this movie too?

I randomly stumbled onto this movie and was intrigued because it had the King Slayer and the Punisher in a prison crime drama. Seeing Jamie Lannister in Aryan brotherhood prison tats had me intrigued.

I thought it was going to be a corny low budget gangster flick with a title like Shot Caller but it was actually quite good. It's basically about an upper middle-class white collar guy who goes to prison and ends up joining a gang in order to survive, then does gangster shit when he's out. It's social commentary about the prison institution and how it doesn't help anybody but it doesn't shove that message down your throat. Interesting story and good performances by everybody involved, especially by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

One of the better movies I've seen this year. Highly recommend it.

Saw the trailer a while back and really was intrigued. Does it give an explanation for why an upper middle class (presumably) first time offender in a wrongful death accident is in a maximum security federal prison? Seems like he'd be in a cushy white collar crime minimum security risk deal.

Michael Weston is in it also.

In my omnipotent opinion, Mike Weston mirks both Lannister, and Punisher in both their home universes.

And Larry can probably take out both Lannister, and Pun at same time

Shot Callers is basically a condensed version of TV show Oz with Pun, Lannister, and Weston.

Saw the trailer a while back and really was intrigued. Does it give an explanation for why an upper middle class (presumably) first time offender in a wrongful death accident is in a maximum security federal prison? Seems like he'd be in a cushy white collar crime minimum security risk deal.
That's one of the criticisms I have of the movie. A lot of details are glossed over and things move a bit fast. Maybe to fit everything within 2 hours. In reality I feel like most people in the protagonist's situation wouldn't end up in a maximum security prison with a bunch of gangbangers for a car accident.
I guess they kind of explained it in that he was drunk driving, ran a red light, and the prosecutor is particularly hard on DUIs. Not sure how that would play out in real life so I just went on a long with it.

Shot Callers is basically a condensed version of TV show Oz with Pun, Lannister, and Weston.
I never seen Oz but either way this movie was good

Pretty good movie, enjoyed it.
Doesnt come close to American Me but pretty good.

Back