Shopify bans sale of most firearms and parts

Boom. Let's do this. You'll be the brains behind it all, and the host of the annual bbq slash beach party I assume.
I was reminiscing about that thread the other day.

That’s cool, I won’t buy gun stuff from those losers.

Just remembering the thread, and what an entertaining concept it would be.

When I've got 50k to burn I'm subsidizing a shitload of flights.

th

I cant imagine getting myself worked up over back end web functionality for a business.

Well of course you wouldn't if it didn't impact you or your business . . .

What about guns America is that still a thing?

I think so . . . I may have signed up there a while ago . . . honestly haven't checked there in a long time.

Link

This last paragraph is such a load of crap . . . glad I have an alternative in place to sell. Many dealers have been impacted by this and other virtue signaling from banks.

Anyone have time and money to invest in a platform that would cater to licensed FFLs? If so, now is your chance.
can you still sell crossbows and bows? they are primative weapons that do the same thing as a gun. Throwing knives are in there as well.

Sounds to me like this would be a pain in the ass. Shit don't set itself up.

That's exactly what it is . . . some small businesses don't have the ability to manage it or set it up on their own. That's why shopify, etsy, ebay, PayPal, etc. are all quick and dirty ways for businesses to make sales.

can you still sell crossbows and bows? they are primative weapons that do the same thing as a gun. Throwing knives are in there as well.

Yes . . . as far as I know this was only applicable to some semi-automatics . . .

This. Private company. Can choose to sell or not sell whatever they want

Take your business to a competitor and if enough do, then they go bankrupt or change their policies. If not, well then it seems to be a pretty ok business move

The problem is that there are fewer and fewer "competitors" who will work with firearms dealers.

I'm not super convinced that them not allowing gun sales on their platforms, is stopping people from being able to do business. So that's why I'm putting this in the non issue box.

If using shopify was your primary method of selling online it isn't completely stopping them from doing business, but it is definitely hurting it . . .

Banks on the other hand, I believe should have to accept firearm manufacturers and dealers, as well as any other legal business, provide they meet the normal standards for loan and such.

Yep. Legal businesses shouldn't have any issues with financing from a bank or merchant services. Yet many of us have and do.

Well of course you wouldn't if it didn't impact you or your business . . .
you sound like you know about guns so i am going to ask you a question for my mother who is dumb and wont take her gun into a shop.

she has an AR-15 bought in cali and we now live in Missouri. I dont know all the parts but she claims the price tag said $1100 when she got it. she also had to attach some stupid button to release the magazine from the gun which is technically illegal in CA because apparently to reload an AR15 there you need to carry a paperclip at all times.

Anyways what is an ar15 worth? she wants to trade it in for a revolver and i just want to make sure she doesnt get screwed over like when she got convinced she needed an AR15

i personally dont own any guns. "if i need one i will take yours "

you sound like you know about guns so i am going to ask you a question for my mother who is dumb and wont take her gun into a shop.

she has an AR-15 bought in cali and we now live in Missouri. I dont know all the parts but she claims the price tag said $1100 when she got it. she also had to attach some stupid button to release the magazine from the gun which is technically illegal in CA because apparently to reload an AR15 there you need to carry a paperclip at all times.

Anyways what is an ar15 worth? she wants to trade it in for a revolver and i just want to make sure she doesnt get screwed over like when she got convinced she needed an AR15

I'd imagine a California compliant AR wouldn't be worth much in Missouri. Do you know who manufactured it?

Honestly, revolvers are pretty cheap . . . I'd suggest hanging on to the AR and just buying a revolver if she can.

I'd imagine a California compliant AR wouldn't be worth much in Missouri. Do you know who manufactured it?

Honestly, revolvers are pretty cheap . . . I'd suggest hanging on to the AR and just buying a revolver if she can.
thats funny because that is literally what i said. its like trying to sell a car here and saying it passed a CA smog inspection.

I told her she could probably make more by selling it for parts.

This is interesting, I wonder if it is the cause of what you have been seeing.

The ban is the latest example of how corporate America has been drawn into the nation’s polarizing debate over gun control. Earlier this year, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel proposed using the city’s business to push for stricter gun controls by limiting work with Wall Street firms that didn’t cut ties with companies that sold firearms to people under the age of 21 or dealt in high-capacity magazines.

thats funny because that is literally what i said. its like trying to sell a car here and saying it passed a smog inspection.

I told here she could probably make more by selling it for parts.

It's a real buyer's market for AR's. If it's a Colt and has some desirable configuration she might be in luck. It's certainly worth enough to get a good revolver though.

I fully support a business to practice however they want . . . but as I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I reserve the right to complain about it.

The ban is the latest example of how corporate America has been drawn into the nation’s polarizing debate over gun control. Earlier this year, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel proposed using the city’s business to push for stricter gun controls by limiting work with Wall Street firms that didn’t cut ties with companies that sold firearms to people under the age of 21 or dealt in high-capacity magazines.

Rahm Emanuel can jump in Lake Michigan . . . :)

well that solves it. criminals would never buy guns if there is a law against it.

Back