Shooting in in wrestling

nostripewhite

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Knees slightly bent, elbows in, back straight head up, stance a little staggered with my right leg (lead leg) forward. I want to shoot in for a double. I take a slightly smaller step with my lead leg, I drop forward to lead leg knee and my forward momentum pushes me into position to clasp both hands behind opponents knees. I drive upwards and my left leg has followed me forward and posted me to help me drive up.

Is this how your supposed to shoot? Because I can't do this movement with speed drilling or otherwise. My knee bangs when I drop on it and I feel like I'm trying to balance on one knee and foot when I shoot in. Help please. I'm a bjj whitebelt no wrestling background.

wrong sub-forum. go to the grappling technique section. in here we do punch and kick stuff.

Go lay on your back with you legs open in the grappling forum, we bang in this forum, like men!

Go lay on your back with you legs open in the grappling forum, we bang in this forum, like men!
hqdefault.jpg

Knees slightly bent, elbows in, back straight head up, stance a little staggered with my right leg (lead leg) forward. I want to shoot in for a double. I take a slightly smaller step with my lead leg, I drop forward to lead leg knee and my forward momentum pushes me into position to clasp both hands behind opponents knees. I drive upwards and my left leg has followed me forward and posted me to help me drive up.

Is this how your supposed to shoot? Because I can't do this movement with speed drilling or otherwise. My knee bangs when I drop on it and I feel like I'm trying to balance on one knee and foot when I shoot in. Help please. I'm a bjj whitebelt no wrestling background.
you need to get lower to the ground. Change elevation with your penetrating step and bend at the knees more.

I'd wager your problem is flexibility in your hips and hamstrings. Keep working on that and drill baby still.

Back