Shoguns team failed him... Again

He failed to train.. worse muffin top than usual. and I think there was still something wrong with him, leg or something, could hardy move. Probably stopped him from training properly.
This

He’s looked bad before or losses to “flash” submissions and skateboard KO but he just looked absolutely slow in this one which makes sense as he’s even older than those times he’s looked terrible in the past

His body was just jiggly yet the guy is only 1.5 year older than me and I’m a dad that does pushups and jogs twice a week

I got all pumped up for this fight, especially because DC hinted at Shoguns title shot.

Sucked when his opponent got pulled by the ufc to go fighg gus (who pulled out... Wtf lol), so Rua has to fight this new guy.. Much lower ranked but dangerous as hell.

Im a huge fan of Rua, his brother, and all those old school chute box guys.

Shogun has historically looked aweful coming back from injury. When he had his second major acl tear... He didnt even spend a year recovering. He fought fuckin Jon Jones less than 12 months later.

And got owned.

When GSP suffered the same injury for the first time.. He spent twice as long recovering.

Shogun hurt the same knee, again, and was rushed into this fight. But honestly last night his mobility was even worse than weve ever seen him. Why in the hell did his camp even let him take this fight? Hes old but these guys are supposed to be there to help guys like this make the right decisions.

You can even quote me before this fight saying Shogun needs a grappling heavy game plan. Needs to use his advantages and not take shots.

Obviously he is a shell of his former self, but his camp fucks him over and over. I guarantee you Smith trained way harder for this fight and had a better gameplan.

Shogun just went in to brawl.

Not the first time. Some fighters and their management are smart in taking short notice fights while others are now and Shogun and his team fall into the not category. Every opponent change he's had on short notice has resulted in a loss by finish. Rogerio pulls out he gets Chael, cant recall who pulls out and he gets OSP and then this weekend.

Who knows if he would have won those fights, he could have lost as well. But fact is he lost all those replacement fights.

Age is not kind to fighters. I’d rather see him retire at this point.

Shogun is a well worn out 36, Pride was not very body friendly and personally I don't think Shogun has great longevity genetics unlike the freak of body being well preserved genetics Yoel Romero.

Agreed, Shogun should think about laying down the 4oz gloves center cage and start training the next big thing and teach trade secrets instead of taking beatings...

Last edited:
Thought it would be ugly and it was. His knees are gone, so no wrestling, kicks, clinch game. Chin is fading. So hope a haymaker lands.

Limited options to beat an elite fighter. Wish he would retire.

Once that time comes ( like yesterday ). Time to join the Bellator Legend League... No need fighting guys that are young and hungry and willing to show no hespect in the cage.

Shogun is probably quite aware of what he is now. Likely he needs to earn a living like everyone else and thought he could make up for all his negatives by landing a punch at the right time.

His trainers can only do so much. Don't blame the gym. Blame the UFC. They don't sign contracts with gyms, but with fighters directly.

Once that time comes ( like yesterday ). Time to join the Bellator Legend League... No need fighting guys that are young and hungry and willing to show no hespect in the cage.

And step all over your legend name to catch a little fame...

Back