Shogun wasn't out; his nose was broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't "out" but lets be honest here, he was done

Yeah and I hate to say it, but it was over.

Herb Dean saved him from needless damage. Curled up facedown while holding onto a leg isn't intelligently defending oneself.

If Jon Jones can get DQ'ed for an illegal elbow from on top, surely Henderson's punches to the back of the head need to be considered. Otherwise, that is an incredible loop-hole to exploit; sneak some hard shots to the back of the head in a flurry - who isn't going to be near-finished from that?
Lol what a fucking terrible example to use, the Jones-Hamill stoppage is still one of the all time worst dq calls. The fight should have been stopped waaaay before that single 12-6 elbow landed. What a piece of horseshit, people need to unrustle their jimmies and realize that Shogun was done with that smashed nose, which had nothing to do with a couple of rabbit punches.

agreed. but it would have been a tko due to doctor stoppage.

Wanted Shogun to win but have no problem with the stoppage, and pretty much figured Hendo would get the KO.

why did he fall back so awkwardly? most people get up to protest a stoppage or to show theyre okay.

Would you get up straight away after getting punched on the back of the head 5 times?

He wasn't out, but he was done. I doubt Hendo's intended target was the nose, but his hook hit only the nose.lol Nice land.

Was he really not out? Not that it matters because he lost either way. Just curious. I was wondering this too. The punch clipped his nose. Maybe the follow up shots put him out or did he fall backwards in pain? Great comeback for Dan

He fell backwards like he was shot by a stun gun, he was out of it.

yeah well he sat right up then flopped over, kinda weird. lol. i don't think he was out just in a ton of pain.

a guy that's completely out doesn't do a roll like that, then grab a leg, then follow his opponent up as he stands.

He fell on his back because of frustration, because he just lost and was tired as hell.

Not really. Look at the gif.

The punch was all on the nose.

And it crushed it to the point of agonizing, unbearable pain. If Herb didn't jump in you would have seen the tap, tap ala the Jones fight.

That punch damn near took his nose off his face.

...son of a BITCH.

What a shot!

yeah, he looked great after the ref stopped it. On his feet in a second...

Hendo even tried to revive Shogun with some quick hammer fists to the back of the head. Even with Henderson's help Shogun couldn't get to his feet.

nose broken but people claiming he was out because of the flop - koed guys dont flop back like that it was clearly out of pain

herb keeps stopping fights when guys or girls are working on a single and not out - he gave hendo a 2nd chance after being flash koed, one he didnt give to fedor as well.

Man Shogun was actually looking like he was going to retire Henderson in this fight and then boom. Hendo tried for a TD and then let go mid-go and was in a southpaw stance when he delivered that crushing hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back