Shogun wasn't out; his nose was broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was like a backwards Flair flop.

I'm sure Shogun's nose has been broken before. Falls backwards in pain? Doubt that highly. The guy has been fighting since he was a teenager. He's used to getting hit in the face. His equilibrium was fucked--no amount of toughness can make up for that. Just gotta wait it out.

Ridiculous! I read all this pain talk..... Ive broken my nose 3 times and the third was exactly as shoguns with a punch also and guess what: It almost doesnt hurt you geniuses talking about what you dont know shit about.

It freaks you out bigtime I mean I could hear my face crack but a pro like shogun should be able to handle it.

Just my opinion....

Perfect stoppage. First I was like 'nooooo', but then I saw how fucked up he was. Even fell backwards.

It was like a backwards Flair flop.

I'm sure Shogun's nose has been broken before. Falls backwards in pain? Doubt that highly. The guy has been fighting since he was a teenager. He's used to getting hit in the face. His equilibrium was fucked--no amount of toughness can make up for that. Just gotta wait it out.

This I agree with, finally. Their last fight convinces me otherwise. I hope a reporter interviews him and asks about this directly.

Also, did anyone ever interview Shogun and ask him if he was starting to tap to strikes at the end with Jones?

Ridiculous! I read all this pain talk..... Ive broken my nose 3 times and the third was exactly as shoguns with a punch also and guess what: It almost doesnt hurt you geniuses talking about what you dont know shit about.

It freaks you out bigtime I mean I could hear my face crack but a pro like shogun should be able to handle it.

Just my opinion....

Thats what Ive always heard as well. Problems with breathing and looking like shit is what was said. Breaking it back is what supposedly hurts.

In fairness to Dan, after the second follow up shot before the head shots.. he could of quit and starting doing jumping jacks and the fight would of been stopped. medical stoppage

lol holy fuck ts, how many times are you going to say he got punched in the nose?
cool, and? the first punch broke his nose and knocked him down. the follow up smashed his face, the hammerfist hit the side and back of his head and knocked him loopy. he tried to get up but was too dazed and fell back. hell he was so rocked he couldnt even get up til later with the help of dean and dan. if you dont think he was rocked then youre a fucking dolt. he lost, get over it

He deliberately fell on his back out of pain

shovhendo.gif

Shogun fans have 1001 excuses for this loses, no matter what.

Anyone else think it's the first shot that knocked him down and the second shot actually broke his nose.

No. I heard a loud crack when that first right hook landed. (I can't be the only one that heard that!)

I figured something was broken, but as loud as it was I was afraid it was his jaw.

Well this seems obvious, but yeah the first time he fell that was all on the nose.

I think the follow up and some of the hammerfists had him on the edge of consciousness though, when he fell down after the stoppage, that wasn't from the nose I don't think.

It was like a backwards Flair flop..

That was a really strange knock out. It was like the rashad stanky dance at the wrong time. I dont know how anyone can say that wasnt out. Your body doesnt jerk back like that from a punch to the nose

Thats what I was thinking about. It looks bad, but I am not convinced it had anything to do with his balance or pain. I think he was upset.

don't you think the energy transfered from nose to cranium to brain ??

Just my opinion....

I sincerely doubt you've ever been hit that hard.

so he was conscious, just no heart to continue..interesting

Shogun fans have 1001 excuses for this loses, no matter what.

I dunno, dude. I think this one's only got one excuse, the final excuse: "Shogun is done, all the wars caught up to him."

Anyone calling that an early stoppage should never referee for combat sports. If anything, it should have been stopped sooner.

I dunno, dude. I think this one's only got one excuse, the final excuse: "Shogun is done, all the wars caught up to him."

What? Where was this about making excuses?

Shogun clearly lost. But it was from a broken nose. Not a knockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back