Shogun vs sonnen was such a great card , wish we still had these type of cards

Underdog bjj jp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I went there live and never realized conor was fighting, I made fun of him for being a panic wrestler with a bad accent but other then that, goddamn boy the card was stacked . Holloway, overeem, sonnen, Matt Brown , shogun and more. UFC is starting to feel like the minor league these days

At UFC's new home. Fox... Sports... One. We had some great fights on Chael's octagon featuring on Chael's channel.

217 was pretty badass. I wish we still had cards like that. Oh, wait...

At UFC's new home. Fox... Sports... One. We had some great fights on Chael's octagon featuring on Chael's channel.

"If you think I won't add a middle-aged comedian..."

<36>

It's only stacked in hindsight

In 5 years they'll be a card from 2018 that featured a few eilte fighters when they were young and someone will ask why they can't stack cards like that anymore

Last edited:
"If you think I won't add a middle-aged comedian..."

<36>

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, I will let you know when I'm done, Joe.

Hahahaha. The absolute GOAT.

I agree. For a fight night, it was phenomenal.

But, TS, your OP is a bit of a slack job...Let me help.

UFC_FOX_Sports_1.jpg

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 26
SHOGUN VS. SONNEN

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-Fight-Night-26-Shogun-vs-Sonnen-29795#IL4SdzCMJeGJktJD.99

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night:_Shogun_vs._Sonnen

Fuck yeah, FOX cards by then were killer. I also loved Bendo vs Nate I think it was FOX 5.

Now FOX cards look like instagram prelims damn it.

In 5 years they'll be a card from 2018 that featured a few eilte fighters when they were young and someone will ask why they can't stack cards like that anymore

This past PPV is a prime example.

People were calling 221 one of the worst PPVs ever, but Romero, Rockhold, Hunt are already big names, and I think Tai Tuivasa, Tyson Pedro, Alex Volkanovski, Israel Adesanya, and Jake Matthews all have the potential to be big names in the future.

221 was actually great fun and had some really good performances.

Exactly

I disagree.

The entire main card was full of mostly established fighters, even at that time.

I went there live and never realized conor was fighting, I made fun of him for being a panic wrestler with a bad accent but other then that, goddamn boy the card was stacked . Holloway, overeem, sonnen, Matt Brown , shogun and more. UFC is starting to feel like the minor league these days

"I made fun of him for being a panic wrestler"

Yeah, after he tore his ACL. I thought that it was impressive that he could change gears like that and get the W. Among the few fights where he was actually fought to a decision.

And yes, that was a great card, even if Shogun lost.

UFC 221 was a great card. Some of you folks are just disillusioned by nostalgia. LOL

“Grandpa, what was it like to watch Lobov vs Caceres”?

“I’m sorry grandson, it was on the undercard, so I skipped it”

“WHAAAAAT?”

please don't mention shogun vs sonnen

it still breaks my heart

no women fights and barely any manlets. of cause it had a higher rate of being awesome

Back