Shogun vs Henderson

If having full mount and reigning down punches the entire time on a complete spent and helpless opponent isnt a 10-8 I'd be hard pressed to say what is
True but the whole 10 - 8 thing (in general) is always so sketchy, especially back then.

I still don't understand how round 5 wasn't 10-8 for shogun

It certainly was. They just fucked it up. Anyone with half a brain knows that was a 10-8. Closer to a 10-7 than a 10-9. Dan was mounted and getting his ass beat damn near the entire round. I don’t know what else constitutes a 10-8 more than that.

so tonight I catch the replay of this fight. Felt like I was watching a rocky movie. They beat the shit out of each other.

Great fight. You should check out Rampage vs Hendo as well. That looked like a Rocky fight if I ever saw one. Those two were throwing haymakers at each other right and left.

Textbook draw. First three rounds where Hendo. (Third round was close to a 10-8 for Hendo until shogun took him down and looks like rocked him with punches down there which I think guarantees it's only a 10-9 for Hendo). Shogun easily won round 4 and beat the dog shit out of Hendo in round 5 10-8. Draw!!!!

Should have been a draw. Ruined otherwise what was an epic fight.

Should've been stopped in the 3rd when Hendo flattened Shogun and he turtled for a minute.

ufc-139-rua-henderson-4.gif

Hendo knocked him out in the rematch regardless so I find it weird how so many try and hold onto the "moral" victory that Shogun could've gotten a draw in their first fight. You're arguing that he simply didn't lose as he definitely didn't win lol.

They had two great fights, stop being so bitter about Shogun losing a fight.

Last edited:
Still consider it the best back and forth fight ever. The rematch was great too.

Should've been stopped in the 3rd when Hendo flattened Shogun and he turtled for a minute.

ufc-139-rua-henderson-4.gif

Hendo knocked him out in the rematch regardless so I find it weird how so many try and hold onto the "moral" victory that Shogun could've gotten a draw in their first fight. You're arguing that he simply didn't lose as he definitely didn't win lol.

They had two great fights, stop being so bitter about Shogun losing a fight.

Shogun was in control in the rematch until this late clinch... MMA gods didn’t want him to beat Hendo

It was dominant but not as round 3
Maybe hendo rua 3was 10-7
5th wasn't as dominant

in the 5th round hendo spent 5 mins trying to not get finished or have the ref stop it.

it was as clear as day a 10-8 and the fight was a draw.

I was in the arena and told my buddy it should be a draw right away.

in the 5th round hendo spent 5 mins trying to not get finished or have the ref stop it.

it was as clear as day a 10-8 and the fight was a draw.

I was in the arena and told my buddy it should be a draw right away.
Rua was dominant but he didn't come close to finish like hendo did in 3rd

Back