Shogun speaks about what he considers to be his "third belt"

I love Shogun as much as the next guy, and I realize I'm in the minority, but I always thought this fight was a bit overrated. It was obviously a good fight, but I wouldn't consider it one of the best fights of all time. The first couple rounds were amazing, but the last half of the fight was a sloppy slugfest by two gassed fighters.

Dan good, Shogun is simply the greatest. closing in on another title in 2018. jones cheat to fight shogun , cant say i blame him

watch they give this award to Conor vs Diaz trilogy next. (yes, its coming).

During the last round or two, when Shogun was putting it on Dan, he had him mounted and Dan put his arm up. There was an armbar just waiting to happen. I remember yelling for it, though I love Hendo too. If he had just used his JJ, he would have won that fight. Does anyone else remember that?

I remember that as well but honestly he was landing from mount and I think he was just trying to pour it on in hopes for a stoppage rather than risk his position trying to armbar a sweaty opponent late in the fight. I probably would’ve made the same choice even tho Dan was practically begging for his arm to get snatched.

It's too bad the fight didn't occur in PRIDE. The added flying stomps and soccer kicks would have made the fight that much more entertaining.

War LHW GOAT!!!

He'll get his LHW strap back starting with sleeping Volkan soon.

2eclll1.jpg

War Hooooooaaaaaaah.

FeistyFamousAbyssiniangroundhornbill.gif

2.gif

ufc-139-rua-henderson-7.gif

uj1493y.gif

shogunuppercutsrampage.gif

justKbG.gif

round2flyingkick.gif

19w40w.gif

9b7269627f6f43fb6a0329fea47142b3.gif

shogun-ko-griffin.gif

tumblr_lqmsjpmbPu1qaa8d1o1_400.gif

mauricio-rua_lyoto-machida.gif

so-beautiful.gif

During the last round or two, when Shogun was putting it on Dan, he had him mounted and Dan put his arm up. There was an armbar just waiting to happen. I remember yelling for it, though I love Hendo too. If he had just used his JJ, he would have won that fight. Does anyone else remember that?

Hendo was baiting the armbar because he was going to hitchhike out of it. I believe he did that for the nog fights too.

Hendo was baiting the armbar because he was going to hitchhike out of it. I believe he did that for the nog fights too.
not only that, he´s also good at faking that he´s hurt and when his opponents rush in, he blasts them with a counter attack. He did it with Shogun in their fights.

Back