Shogun Rua's Best Performances

MMA__Analyst

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I like writing alot in any free time I have, and I'm also pretty passionate about MMA and Boxing. So I will start making threads where I posts pieces like this where I break down the best career performances of a fighter. This thread will be for the LHW legend Shogun Rua.

Note: These posts are very long mainly due to attachments and because I like to write alot. If you dont like long threads save the "too long" or "you expect me to read this" comments. These posts are for people who would actually like to read this, so just leave the thread if you don't want to read it.

6. Chuck Lidell
Chuck Lidell is widely considered the first big UFC star that had mainstream notoriety in the prime of his career. What made him stick out was the ruthlessness of Lidell’s fighting style looking to either knock you out or have a full on brawl. Lidell is known for his crazy one punch KO power, with KO victories over Kevin Randleman, Alistair Overeem, Tito Ortiz, Jeremy Horn, and Randy Couture. Lidell was an absolute monster having the most KO’s in the LHW division and successfully defended the UFC LHW belt 4 times. However, when he met up with Shogun Rua (both considerably aged and late in their career I may add), it only took Rua less than 40 seconds to land a perfectly placed right hand to the jaw of Lidell, dropping him to which Shogun finished him with strikes within seconds. It was an incredible victory, especially since shogun but Lidell at his own game.

5. Alistair Overeem

Alistiair Overeem is an incredibly decorated and dangerous striker. He has defeated 6 former UFC champions and the only fighter to simultaneously hold 3 world championship belts (K-1, Dream, and Strikeforce). The Demolition Man met up with Shogun Rua relatively early in overeem’s career when he had already compiled wins over Vitor Belfort and Igor. When overeem fought Shogun for the first time it was utter domination where Shogun mounted him and poured on some heavy ground and pound which finished overeem. In the rematch, Shogun poured out an even more impressive performance. After some back and forth exchanges Shogun found himself standing above Overeems guard, and Shogun threw his legs to the side and literally dived into his guard with a powerful punch to the chin of overeem which stunned him; to which Shogun would rain over a flurry of perfectly placed punches to the chin of overeem KO’ing him unconscious. Both performances were dominate over a very top level opponent, but the brutal fashion in which Shogun finished Overeem in the rematch, is why it is one of Shoguns best performances.

19w40w.gif

4. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Little Nog may not be as good of a fighter as his brother or have as many accomplishments in the sport of MMA, however he is still an incredible fighter. Like his brother Minoturo has world class BJJ skills and has a rock hard chin. He has notable wins over Rashad Evans, tito Ortiz, overeem, and Dan Henderson. When Noguiera met with Shogun he was riding an 8 fight win streak with victories over the likes of Alistiar Overeem, Dan Henderson, and Kazushi Sakuraba. Both came into this fight at the very top of their game, and it was an all out war. Both fighters were being dropped, tagged, and taken down. It was an epic showdown between two great fighters with a lot of heart and iron chins. The way Noguiera was able to have some success on the feet being able to land on Shogun was just as impressive as Shogun being the one taking Noguiera (the world class black belt) down, and landing bombs in the guard of Nogueira. Both did incredible, however Shogun was clearly the winner of the bout being able to do more damage and having control of the ring for the majority of each round.

upload_2017-6-24_17-6-32-png.242541

This image does a good job showing the type of brawl that these two legends had. Both were tagging each other and were relentlessly fighting until the final bell.

upload_2017-6-24_17-6-53-png.242543

An absolute classic photo of Shogun diving into Noguieras guard with a powerful punch.

3. Rampage Jackson

Rampage is an incredibly powerful and gifted striker, as well as a favorite coming into his fight with Shogun rua. Jackson had just came off a controversial split decision win over Shoguns brother which was widely considered a robbery. However, when Shogun faced Rampage he made sure there was no doubt who was the winner in that ring. Within seconds Shogun tagged Rampage with a barrage of punches forcing rampage to cover up to which shogun ended up grabbing Jackson in a double collar tie to land a hard knee to Jackson's floating rib which apparently broke it. From here it was utter demolition as Shogun swarmed Jackson with knees in the clinch, which dropped Jackson; prompting Shogun to finish him with a series of deadly soccer kicks to the head. Shogun needed no more than 5 minutes to shut down Jackson in absolute devastating fashion.

upload_2017-6-24_17-9-41-png.242545

2. Ricardo Arona:

Ricardo Arona is an extremely well polished and talented grappler and MMA fighter. A lot of people overlook his name and forget his accomplishments. He is a 3 time ADCC champion and was the first person to beat Wanderlei Silva at 205 pounds in pride, he has wins in MMA and submission grappling matches over Dan Henderson, Alistair Overeem, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz, Kazushi Sakuraba, and Jeremy Horn. Arona was known for his incredible jiu jitsu skills, top control, and being able to destabilize fighters skill sets on the ground and beating them on points. Arona met with Shogun in the Pride final middleweight grand prix, after Arona had just beaten Shogun’s mentor Wanderlei Silva. In the opening moments of the fight Shogun attempted a tornado kick demonstrating that he wasn’t scared and ready to take a lot of risks in this fight, and transitioned to a takedown where Arona was on top of Shogun. From this takedown Shogun quickly and smoothly transitioned into a omoplata as a way to escape Aronas notorious top control. Shogun was bringing Arona trouble everywhere he went. On the feet he barraged Arona with knees, and on the ground he was not afraid to pour on some ground n pound. Eventually Shogun ended up being the one taking Arona down passing the elite grapplers guard, transitioning into side control where Shogun poured on some devastating elbows to the rib cage of Arona. Shogun returned to his feet while Arona remained on the mat and Shogun delivered one of his most memorable finishes, a missed stomp to hammer fists over and under his own leg which KO’s arona unconscious. It was an absolutely incredible and dominating victory. Shogun known as the striker comes in and not only outsrikes arona, but attempts and successfully out grapples the three time ADCC champion. Shogun came in showing he was ready to take on anything arona had for him whether it be on the feet or the ground, and finished the fight in devastating fashion. He was constantly taking risks and pushing the pressure, not giving arona a second of rest. It was truly a beautiful victory wining him the Pride Middle weight grand-prix, appropriately prompting Mauro Ranallo to call it one of the most dominating performances in his life.

upload_2017-6-24_17-10-58-png.242547

Shoguns opening the fight with a tornado kick. This picture is a beautiful representation of Shogun sending a message that he isn’t scared and is willing to take a lot of risks. The kick itself is also beautiful, being a picture perfect kick that you would expect from a video game or tekken character.

upload_2017-6-24_17-11-25-png.242551

The move that set up the ending of the fight. Shogun literally jumps into the grappling world champion’s dangerous guard with a missed stomp, and then KO’s arona. This shows how ferocious and ruthless shogun was, representing a true fighters heart and spirit.

1. Lyota Machida:

Lyota Machida is an incredibly unorthodox and gifted striker representing a pure and true martial artist. He has defeated former champions, legends, and hall of famers such as Stephan Bonner, rich Franklin, BJ Penn, Tito Ortiz, Rashad Evans, Gegard moussi, Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, and etc… When Lyota met up with Shogun he was running an undefeated streak of 15-0, and was seen as this mythical creature who could not be touched or beaten. Shogun was the first person to show in the octagon that Machida was actually human. Shogun realized that once Machida started backing up he would leave one leg behind, and Shogun would capitalize by bum rushing forward with strikes and chopping at Machida’s legs with low kicks. Shogun was tagging Machida in their first bout showing to be the first challenge to Machida’s striking and winning streak. The fight was an all out war pushing Machida and Shogun to their limit demonstrating ultimate will and determination from both fighters. Machida ended up getting the split decision victory, which to Shogun and many people who had just seen Machida for the first time tested; was robbery. However, the immediate rematch was guaranteed, and in their second meeting Shogun wasted no time. Shogun was tagging Machida, and eventually dropped him to which Shogun got full mount and TKO’d Machida with a flurry of strikes within the first round. It was an absolute incredible comeback victory. Shogun was not only the first person to expose flaws in the seemingly untouchable champion’s game plan, but ended up losing the first fight (which many thought he won), and he came back in devastating fashion to finish him within the first round to win the UFC light heavyweight belt, being one of few to win belts in both Pride and UFC. Both of Shogun’s bouts with Lyota Machida demonstrate Shogun’s heart, determination, fight IQ, punching power, striking skills, and ultimate warrior spirit as a legend in the sport of mixed martial arts.

Bonus: Dan Henderson

I decided to include Shogun’s first bout with Dan Henderson as one of his best performances, despite that he lost; only because it is one of the most epic slug fests in mixed martial arts history and it demonstrates a lot of Shoguns best attributes as a fighter.

Both Dan Henderson and Shogun were legends in Pride. Dan Henderson was the first fighter to hold two belts simultaneously in MMA history winning the Pride welterweight and middleweight belts. And Shogun went through nearly every single opponent he faced in Pride, winning the Pride Final Middleweight Grand-Prix. Henderson is known for his decorated wrestling background and for having serious one punch KO power, defeating the likes of Noguiera, Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei Silva, and even Fedor Emelienko. Hendo came into his first fight with shogun after his notorious KO victory over Pride HW legend Fedor Emelinenko. This fight was really a power vs technique fight since Shogun was obviously the more skilled and technical striker, while Henderson carried some serious one punch KO power in his hands. In the opening round both fighters had their moments, however it was apparent that Henderson was leading the round. Shogun was dropped, taken down, and in a lot of trouble in that first round eating a lot of powerful punches that nearly ended the fight. Shogun survived by the skin of his teeth to see a round 2, which hendo was even more dominate in and was more devastating for Shogun. Henderson just kept backing up Shogun with strikes overwhelming Shogun, but not too much to which Shogun couldn’t survive. Come into the 3rd round, and Henderson landed probably the most powerful strike of the bout yet, and cleanly connected with his signature overhand right which dropped Shogun. Everyone from Henderson, the crowd, and commentators thought the fight would be finished right then and there but Shogun through sheer determination was able to persevere to the 4th round. After 3 rounds of utter domination from Henderson that punished Shogun fiercely and pushed him to his very limit, Shogun found it in him to completely dominate Henderson in the 4th round. Shogun landed a picture perfect uppercut which stunned Henderson, to which Shogun proceeded to take down the Olympian Greco-roman wrestler, mount him, and then unleash devastating ground n pound. At this point Shogun is beat up badly but continues to not only survive but dominate based off his heart and determination. To take a beating and eat the shots that he took for 3 rounds, to then come back like a zombie and not only win but dominate the 4th round was a absolute spectacle and one of the greatest comebacks in MMA history. In the 5th round both fighters were absolutely beat up and exhausted, they didn’t even have their hands up. However, despite both being pushed to their very limit physically and mentally, Shogun found it in him to tag Henderson, take Henderson down and mount hendo with some serious ground n pound. The comeback that Shogun made in the 4th and 5th rounds is not something that a fighter can train for or achieve. To make a comeback like that is based off a fighters will to continue no matter the odds, and it’s a true reflection of who wants the win more. Shogun never for one second quit fighting and not only weathered the storm but came back with a storm of his own. He may have not been a winner according to the judges on the scorecards, but seeing what he overcame and what he came back with in the championship rounds; you certainly can’t say he was a loser either.

upload_2017-6-24_17-15-16-png.242561

In this picture you can see the blood stains on Shoguns shorts from the previous 3 rounds, he’s tired breathing out of his mouth, his nose is bloody (Henderson broke his nose in the 3rd round), and his left eye is just jammed shut. Shogun can barely breath from the blood in his nose and can’t see in one eye from the beating he took from the previous 3 rounds; but finds it in him to takedown Henderson (who is the much better wrestler), mount him and unleash some deadly ground n pound. This picture is a perfect representation of Shogun’s heart since Shogun is visibly more beat up, but he’s the one on top of the barely bruised Henderson completely dominating.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-24_17-6-32.png
    upload_2017-6-24_17-6-32.png
    402.5 KB · Views: 159
  • upload_2017-6-24_17-6-53.png
    upload_2017-6-24_17-6-53.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 281
  • upload_2017-6-24_17-9-41.png
    upload_2017-6-24_17-9-41.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 159
  • upload_2017-6-24_17-10-58.png
    upload_2017-6-24_17-10-58.png
    152.6 KB · Views: 282
  • upload_2017-6-24_17-11-25.png
    upload_2017-6-24_17-11-25.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 281
  • upload_2017-6-24_17-15-16.png
    upload_2017-6-24_17-15-16.png
    278.8 KB · Views: 159
Great post and read. The only scar on the list is Overeem due to his tendency to wilt once he gets cracked.

Nice post, but it didn't take him only 40 seconds to KO Liddell. It went whole round. And it was not a right hand, It was a left hand!

"I like writing a lot" - understatement of the day.

I believe the fight against Arona truly represents what prime Shogun was all about - total aggression and absolute fearlessness.

Nice post, but it didn't take him only 40 seconds to KO Liddell. It went whole round. And it was not a right hand, It was a left hand!

My bad. After I posted it I read through it and watched the video again and realized it was a left hand.

I believe the fight against Arona truly represents what prime Shogun was all about - total aggression and absolute fearlessness.

Its funny, how Shoguns fight with arona is like the equivalent to Jones fight with Shogun

I like writing alot in any free time I have, and I'm also pretty passionate about MMA and Boxing. So I will start making threads where I posts pieces like this where I break down the best career performances of a fighter. This thread will be for the LHW legend Shogun Rua.

Note: These posts are very long mainly due to attachments and because I like to write alot. If you dont like long threads save the "too long" or "you expect me to read this" comments. These posts are for people who would actually like to read this, so just leave the thread if you don't want to read it.

6. Chuck Lidell
Chuck Lidell is widely considered the first big UFC star that had mainstream notoriety in the prime of his career. What made him stick out was the ruthlessness of Lidell’s fighting style looking to either knock you out or have a full on brawl. Lidell is known for his crazy one punch KO power, with KO victories over Kevin Randleman, Alistair Overeem, Tito Ortiz, Jeremy Horn, and Randy Couture. Lidell was an absolute monster having the most KO’s in the LHW division and successfully defended the UFC LHW belt 4 times. However, when he met up with Shogun Rua (both considerably aged and late in their career I may add), it only took Rua less than 40 seconds to land a perfectly placed right hand to the jaw of Lidell, dropping him to which Shogun finished him with strikes within seconds. It was an incredible victory, especially since shogun but Lidell at his own game.

5. Alistair Overeem

Alistiair Overeem is an incredibly decorated and dangerous striker. He has defeated 6 former UFC champions and the only fighter to simultaneously hold 3 world championship belts (K-1, Dream, and Strikeforce). The Demolition Man met up with Shogun Rua relatively early in overeem’s career when he had already compiled wins over Vitor Belfort and Igor. When overeem fought Shogun for the first time it was utter domination where Shogun mounted him and poured on some heavy ground and pound which finished overeem. In the rematch, Shogun poured out an even more impressive performance. After some back and forth exchanges Shogun found himself standing above Overeems guard, and Shogun threw his legs to the side and literally dived into his guard with a powerful punch to the chin of overeem which stunned him; to which Shogun would rain over a flurry of perfectly placed punches to the chin of overeem KO’ing him unconscious. Both performances were dominate over a very top level opponent, but the brutal fashion in which Shogun finished Overeem in the rematch, is why it is one of Shoguns best performances.

19w40w.gif

4. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Little Nog may not be as good of a fighter as his brother or have as many accomplishments in the sport of MMA, however he is still an incredible fighter. Like his brother Minoturo has world class BJJ skills and has a rock hard chin. He has notable wins over Rashad Evans, tito Ortiz, overeem, and Dan Henderson. When Noguiera met with Shogun he was riding an 8 fight win streak with victories over the likes of Alistiar Overeem, Dan Henderson, and Kazushi Sakuraba. Both came into this fight at the very top of their game, and it was an all out war. Both fighters were being dropped, tagged, and taken down. It was an epic showdown between two great fighters with a lot of heart and iron chins. The way Noguiera was able to have some success on the feet being able to land on Shogun was just as impressive as Shogun being the one taking Noguiera (the world class black belt) down, and landing bombs in the guard of Nogueira. Both did incredible, however Shogun was clearly the winner of the bout being able to do more damage and having control of the ring for the majority of each round.

upload_2017-6-24_17-6-32-png.242541

This image does a good job showing the type of brawl that these two legends had. Both were tagging each other and were relentlessly fighting until the final bell.

upload_2017-6-24_17-6-53-png.242543

An absolute classic photo of Shogun diving into Noguieras guard with a powerful punch.

3. Rampage Jackson

Rampage is an incredibly powerful and gifted striker, as well as a favorite coming into his fight with Shogun rua. Jackson had just came off a controversial split decision win over Shoguns brother which was widely considered a robbery. However, when Shogun faced Rampage he made sure there was no doubt who was the winner in that ring. Within seconds Shogun tagged Rampage with a barrage of punches forcing rampage to cover up to which shogun ended up grabbing Jackson in a double collar tie to land a hard knee to Jackson's floating rib which apparently broke it. From here it was utter demolition as Shogun swarmed Jackson with knees in the clinch, which dropped Jackson; prompting Shogun to finish him with a series of deadly soccer kicks to the head. Shogun needed no more than 5 minutes to shut down Jackson in absolute devastating fashion.

upload_2017-6-24_17-9-41-png.242545

2. Ricardo Arona:

Ricardo Arona is an extremely well polished and talented grappler and MMA fighter. A lot of people overlook his name and forget his accomplishments. He is a 3 time ADCC champion and was the first person to beat Wanderlei Silva at 205 pounds in pride, he has wins in MMA and submission grappling matches over Dan Henderson, Alistair Overeem, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz, Kazushi Sakuraba, and Jeremy Horn. Arona was known for his incredible jiu jitsu skills, top control, and being able to destabilize fighters skill sets on the ground and beating them on points. Arona met with Shogun in the Pride final middleweight grand prix, after Arona had just beaten Shogun’s mentor Wanderlei Silva. In the opening moments of the fight Shogun attempted a tornado kick demonstrating that he wasn’t scared and ready to take a lot of risks in this fight, and transitioned to a takedown where Arona was on top of Shogun. From this takedown Shogun quickly and smoothly transitioned into a omoplata as a way to escape Aronas notorious top control. Shogun was bringing Arona trouble everywhere he went. On the feet he barraged Arona with knees, and on the ground he was not afraid to pour on some ground n pound. Eventually Shogun ended up being the one taking Arona down passing the elite grapplers guard, transitioning into side control where Shogun poured on some devastating elbows to the rib cage of Arona. Shogun returned to his feet while Arona remained on the mat and Shogun delivered one of his most memorable finishes, a missed stomp to hammer fists over and under his own leg which KO’s arona unconscious. It was an absolutely incredible and dominating victory. Shogun known as the striker comes in and not only outsrikes arona, but attempts and successfully out grapples the three time ADCC champion. Shogun came in showing he was ready to take on anything arona had for him whether it be on the feet or the ground, and finished the fight in devastating fashion. He was constantly taking risks and pushing the pressure, not giving arona a second of rest. It was truly a beautiful victory wining him the Pride Middle weight grand-prix, appropriately prompting Mauro Ranallo to call it one of the most dominating performances in his life.

upload_2017-6-24_17-10-58-png.242547

Shoguns opening the fight with a tornado kick. This picture is a beautiful representation of Shogun sending a message that he isn’t scared and is willing to take a lot of risks. The kick itself is also beautiful, being a picture perfect kick that you would expect from a video game or tekken character.

upload_2017-6-24_17-11-25-png.242551

The move that set up the ending of the fight. Shogun literally jumps into the grappling world champion’s dangerous guard with a missed stomp, and then KO’s arona. This shows how ferocious and ruthless shogun was, representing a true fighters heart and spirit.

1. Lyota Machida:

Lyota Machida is an incredibly unorthodox and gifted striker representing a pure and true martial artist. He has defeated former champions, legends, and hall of famers such as Stephan Bonner, rich Franklin, BJ Penn, Tito Ortiz, Rashad Evans, Gegard moussi, Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, and etc… When Lyota met up with Shogun he was running an undefeated streak of 15-0, and was seen as this mythical creature who could not be touched or beaten. Shogun was the first person to show in the octagon that Machida was actually human. Shogun realized that once Machida started backing up he would leave one leg behind, and Shogun would capitalize by bum rushing forward with strikes and chopping at Machida’s legs with low kicks. Shogun was tagging Machida in their first bout showing to be the first challenge to Machida’s striking and winning streak. The fight was an all out war pushing Machida and Shogun to their limit demonstrating ultimate will and determination from both fighters. Machida ended up getting the split decision victory, which to Shogun and many people who had just seen Machida for the first time tested; was robbery. However, the immediate rematch was guaranteed, and in their second meeting Shogun wasted no time. Shogun was tagging Machida, and eventually dropped him to which Shogun got full mount and TKO’d Machida with a flurry of strikes within the first round. It was an absolute incredible comeback victory. Shogun was not only the first person to expose flaws in the seemingly untouchable champion’s game plan, but ended up losing the first fight (which many thought he won), and he came back in devastating fashion to finish him within the first round to win the UFC light heavyweight belt, being one of few to win belts in both Pride and UFC. Both of Shogun’s bouts with Lyota Machida demonstrate Shogun’s heart, determination, fight IQ, punching power, striking skills, and ultimate warrior spirit as a legend in the sport of mixed martial arts.

Bonus: Dan Henderson

I decided to include Shogun’s first bout with Dan Henderson as one of his best performances, despite that he lost; only because it is one of the most epic slug fests in mixed martial arts history and it demonstrates a lot of Shoguns best attributes as a fighter.

Both Dan Henderson and Shogun were legends in Pride. Dan Henderson was the first fighter to hold two belts simultaneously in MMA history winning the Pride welterweight and middleweight belts. And Shogun went through nearly every single opponent he faced in Pride, winning the Pride Final Middleweight Grand-Prix. Henderson is known for his decorated wrestling background and for having serious one punch KO power, defeating the likes of Noguiera, Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei Silva, and even Fedor Emelienko. Hendo came into his first fight with shogun after his notorious KO victory over Pride HW legend Fedor Emelinenko. This fight was really a power vs technique fight since Shogun was obviously the more skilled and technical striker, while Henderson carried some serious one punch KO power in his hands. In the opening round both fighters had their moments, however it was apparent that Henderson was leading the round. Shogun was dropped, taken down, and in a lot of trouble in that first round eating a lot of powerful punches that nearly ended the fight. Shogun survived by the skin of his teeth to see a round 2, which hendo was even more dominate in and was more devastating for Shogun. Henderson just kept backing up Shogun with strikes overwhelming Shogun, but not too much to which Shogun couldn’t survive. Come into the 3rd round, and Henderson landed probably the most powerful strike of the bout yet, and cleanly connected with his signature overhand right which dropped Shogun. Everyone from Henderson, the crowd, and commentators thought the fight would be finished right then and there but Shogun through sheer determination was able to persevere to the 4th round. After 3 rounds of utter domination from Henderson that punished Shogun fiercely and pushed him to his very limit, Shogun found it in him to completely dominate Henderson in the 4th round. Shogun landed a picture perfect uppercut which stunned Henderson, to which Shogun proceeded to take down the Olympian Greco-roman wrestler, mount him, and then unleash devastating ground n pound. At this point Shogun is beat up badly but continues to not only survive but dominate based off his heart and determination. To take a beating and eat the shots that he took for 3 rounds, to then come back like a zombie and not only win but dominate the 4th round was a absolute spectacle and one of the greatest comebacks in MMA history. In the 5th round both fighters were absolutely beat up and exhausted, they didn’t even have their hands up. However, despite both being pushed to their very limit physically and mentally, Shogun found it in him to tag Henderson, take Henderson down and mount hendo with some serious ground n pound. The comeback that Shogun made in the 4th and 5th rounds is not something that a fighter can train for or achieve. To make a comeback like that is based off a fighters will to continue no matter the odds, and it’s a true reflection of who wants the win more. Shogun never for one second quit fighting and not only weathered the storm but came back with a storm of his own. He may have not been a winner according to the judges on the scorecards, but seeing what he overcame and what he came back with in the championship rounds; you certainly can’t say he was a loser either.

upload_2017-6-24_17-15-16-png.242561

In this picture you can see the blood stains on Shoguns shorts from the previous 3 rounds, he’s tired breathing out of his mouth, his nose is bloody (Henderson broke his nose in the 3rd round), and his left eye is just jammed shut. Shogun can barely breath from the blood in his nose and can’t see in one eye from the beating he took from the previous 3 rounds; but finds it in him to takedown Henderson (who is the much better wrestler), mount him and unleash some deadly ground n pound. This picture is a perfect representation of Shogun’s heart since Shogun is visibly more beat up, but he’s the one on top of the barely bruised Henderson completely dominating.

I love your passion. Unfortunately you will likely get 1 page worth of intelligent responses, and 24 pages of smart ass comments. If its worth it to you and you enjoy it then go for it man. Just givin ya the heads up...

Also I believe losing the fight against an undefeated Machida in the rematch and coming back to KO him was impressive.

I love your passion. Unfortunately you will likely get 1 page worth of intelligent responses, and 24 pages of smart ass comments. If its worth it to you and you enjoy it then go for it man. Just givin ya the heads up...

Thanks. I have sort of accepted that fact, however I love writting anyway, so I might as well post here for the few people that will enjoy it. Its all cool with me.

Thanks. I have sort of accepted that fact, however I love writting anyway, so I might as well post here for the few people that will enjoy it. Its all cool with me.
On the other hand it is nice to see someone who takes a discussion serious. Props

Back