Shogun Rua - UFC champion 2019

s-l1000.jpg

LOL, at LHW now its possible. But there is so many things that have to fall into place for that to happen.

1. Volkan has to beat Cormier and then Gus
2. Shogun has to beat Glover or someone else
3. And then Shogun has to beat Volkan

Considering all that, the last part of that sequence is the easiest fight for Shogun, still not a easy fight by any means though. If its Gus or Cormier holding the belt, then its a problem cause I doubt he's beating those guys

Shogun has had four knee surgeries, the first in what, 2007, around the time he first fought Forrest? The latest just a couple months ago? He is 36 years old. He has been fighting professionally since 2002.

The last time he looked like a champ was in 2010 when he won the title off Machida. His best win in the last 7 years is Forrest Griffin. He has been fighting without working knees for 2/3s of his career. The fact that anybody thinks he has another run in him is astounding. His only chance is if he Bisping's his way into a title shot.

i didnt know he just had another knee surgery... holy crap.... thats not good. he seems like he bloats up a bit when hes out of camp and at his age hes not getting any faster. i thought he pulled out of the osp rematch for something minor. damn. but yeah.. i dont see it happening as much as i would love it.

If Volcan wins the title and by some looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot Shogun some how works his way to a title shot (which is almost impossible despite how bad LHW is) Volcan would retire Shogun and it would not be pretty.

After Shogun wins the title Forrest Griffin announces he's coming out of retirement. The UFC feeds him their lowest ranked LHW and when he wins Dana names him #1 contender.

Forrest beats Shogun and becomes the first LHW to win TUF who also won the LHW strap twice.

GSP's colitis clears up and he asks Dana for the title shot. Dana says yes and Forrest waits for GSP because he wants a money fight before he retires.

GSP says it's in his contract to defend the LHW belt if he wins and we all believe him. He beats Forrest, but retires cause his colitis is back. We all feel a bit cheated and blame Forrest. Forrest fights one more time and retires.

The end.

After Shogun wins the title Forrest Griffin announces he's coming out of retirement. The UFC feeds him their lowest ranked LHW and when he wins Dana names him #1 contender.

Forrest beats Shogun and becomes the first LHW to win TUF who also won the LHW strap twice.

GSP's colitis clears up and he asks Dana for the title shot. Dana says yes and Forrest waits for GSP because he wants a money fight before he retires.

GSP says it's in his contract to defend the LHW belt if he wins and we all believe him. He beats Forrest, but retires cause his colitis is back. We all feel a bit cheated and blame Forrest. Forrest fights one more time and retires.

The end.
Forests last fights is a rematch/title eliminator against the Dean of Mean Keith Jardine, who then goes on to fight against Chuck "with that look in his eyes" Liddle for the title.

28 year old Volkan boops 38 year old Cormier and becomes the champ. Decisions Gus in his first defense.

Shogun levels Glover and gets a title shot. Decisions Volkan and wins the title.

All of this is completely plausible. More plausible than Bisping winning the title and successfully defending it in 2016.
28 year old Volkan boops another random dude in a bar, goes to jail for real this time, UFC terminates his contract.

Jon Jones gets high on coke and has a major car crash with casualties, goes to jail for real this time, UFC terminates his contract. In jail Jones gets beat up (and possibly raped) multiple times by inmates. Jones' fans still claim he's the GOAT.

Shogun has one last fight and finally retires, much to the relief of most fans.

Cormier defends the belt another few times before retiring (practically) undefeated at 40. Later included in the HoF.

All of this is completely plausible. More plausible than Bisping winning the title and successfully defending it in 2016.

As soon as Gustaffson get his next title shot. He will be champ, then reign until we get some new blood in the division.

I think Gustafsson will dominate LHW for a few years a soon as he gets his shot.

I think DC beats volkan then gets beat off Gustafsson and retires.

Glover is slower than dog shit running up hill. Shogun KO'S him within 2 rounds.

Shogun can’t grapple any more, Glover put wrestles him fairly easily to be honest. After getting dominated by Sonnen it’s clear he is done

As soon as Gustaffson get his next title shot. He will be champ, then reign until we get some new blood in the division.

I think Gustafsson will dominate LHW for a few years a soon as he gets his shot.

I think DC beats volkan then gets beat off Gustafsson and retires.
Don't think DC edges out Gustafsson again in a rematch?

Perhaps a drop to 185 would be better for Shoguns knees?

Don't think DC edges out Gustafsson again in a rematch?

Personally i think gustaffson will take the rematch, he was unlucky in fights against both Jones and Cormier.

I think DC will start to decline (he may have already, he is 38) while Gustaffson should be coming into his prime.

I may be wrong but i see Gustaffson as the next champ as soom as he is back.

Back