Shogun Rua Apologizes to Fans After UFC Fight Night 117 Withdrawal

Yeah...I realize this is just a weird reaction on my part, but I always get worried when guys start mentioning stuff like "medicine". It's either code for PEDs, or more likely pain killers. I don't want to imply that Shogun was doing anything wrong, for all I know USADA and his doctors were all on the same page and everything is completely legit.

It's just the word "medicine" that sends up flags for me. I used to be a pro wrestling fan, and I remember the horror stories that came from it. Everyone was destroying their bodies on a weekly basis, so they all became pain killer and PED junkies, and the results are pretty damn depressing.

MMA has all the potential to create some equally horrible stories.

Anyway....I'll shut up now lol.
Shogun has had 3 Knee-Reconstructions before,he is lucky too be walking,my sister had 1 Reconstruction,had to Quit soccer

Shogun has had 3 Knee-Reconstructions before,he is lucky too be walking,my sister had 1 Reconstruction,had to Quit soccer
Yeah, I realize that. That was kinda my point. The abuse these guys put themselves through is ridiculous, so most will try to find a way to mitigate the pain, and that is an easy way to get addicted.

Back on topic, I think it's time for Shogun to call it a career.

Yeah, I realize that. That was kinda my point. The abuse these guys put themselves through is ridiculous, so most will try to find a way to mitigate the pain, and that is an easy way to get addicted.

Back on topic, I think it's time for Shogun to call it a career.
No you asumed PED

No you asumed PED
Well...I mentioned that it could be either PEDs, Painkillers, or both.

PEDs help muscle recovery and Painkillers help mitigate the pain. Both could be prescribed by a doctor for an injury.

Well...I mentioned that it could be either PEDs, Painkillers, or both.

PEDs help muscle recovery and Painkillers help mitigate the pain. Both could be prescribed by a doctor for an injury.
We all know that, give some proof?When Shogun has had so much trouble with his knees,don't you think it's Logical too be under Medicine/Doctor care during his Camp?

This Bum needs to retire already. He's been a joke for years now. No need to see him get clowned out there. He's one of the last remaining washed up has beens in the sport holding back the new generation.

He's just wasting spots on the cards at this point. And now isn't even man enough to show up.

We all know that, give some proof?When Shogun has had so much trouble with his knees,don't you think it's Logical too be under Medicine/Doctor care during his Camp?
...are you just baiting me?? I'll try to spell this out one more time, in case this is just a simple case of a language barrier.

The "PROOF" that he might be taking something....was when he posted himself that he was taking "Medicine". I never claimed to have any more knowledge of the situation, just indicated what it likely could be, and mentioned that it's worrisome that fighters get exposed to this stuff because they can develop addictions.

Do I think it's logical that he might be taking painkillers or steroids under a Doctors Care?....YES....I think it's 100% logical. That was MY point.

...are you just baiting me?? I'll try to spell this out one more time, in case this is just a simple case of a language barrier.

The "PROOF" that he might be taking something....was when he posted himself that he was taking "Medicine". I never claimed to have any more knowledge of the situation, just indicated what it likely could be, and mentioned that it's worrisome that fighters get exposed to this stuff because they can develop addictions.

Do I think it's logical that he might be taking painkillers or steroids under a Doctors Care?....YES....I think it's 100% logical. That was MY point.
Not baiting u,just think u made a silly assumption,guess the answer was in your last post

Can't we just let the seniority guys that obviously need them take roids...please?

@CereserBr Were you sleeping when Shogun posted this?You're fucking slacking =/ Shogun would be upset with your performance.

The thread is about Shogun, not me.

My fans are the sick people I take care of and their families. I am a nurse. I do something that actually matters. If I am not good at my job, people die.

Look it up. Medical errors are the 3rd leading cause of death in America. Shogun is an entertainer.

Nurses are glorified go-fers for real doctors. What now?

@Franc Mittelo your job is important but you sound unhappy and bitter. There was zero need to post what you did. Maybe try to figure it out what is happening with you so you don't feel the need to brag how important you are.

@Franc Mittelo your job is important but you sound unhappy and bitter. There was zero need to post what you did. Maybe try to figure it out what is happening with you so you don't feel the need to brag how important you are.
I made a statement about Shogun, but one of his fans thought that it was wise to make it about me. So, I obliged.

If the Shogun fan hadn't made it about me, I wouldn't have revealed anything about myself. Simple.

Respect! Spoken from the heart of a true warrior.

Excuses. Scared of getting KTFO'd by OSP?

What happened to all the real fighters that would take fights regardless if they are injured or not? SMH.

Weak. If you are injured you are injured, and if you don't want to fight injured, you are doing the best thing for yourself and the people who depend on you.

To feel like you should apologize for doing the right thing for yourself, is a sign of weakness. Just my opinion.

He didnt need to apologize but its a nice gesture that shows he cares about his fans that wanted to see him fight and maybe bought a ticket. Not sure how you can see that as an weakness.

And btw you have a job that you are doing because it pays you money not because you are such a good human being. Or are you doing it for free? You give a bad rep for people who have a similiar job.

Last edited:
The thread is about Shogun, not me.

My fans are the sick people I take care of and their families. I am a nurse. I do something that actually matters. If I am not good at my job, people die.

Look it up. Medical errors are the 3rd leading cause of death in America. Shogun is an entertainer.

Tc5Gf6a.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-19_14-56-55.png
    upload_2017-9-19_14-56-55.png
    275.8 KB · Views: 1
Back