shogun out cold standing

Smith destroys legends....

All most people will remember of Shogun and Shad now is the name, Anthony Smith

These over the hill legends shouldn't fight young hungry lions, they should only fight other legends only.

Still doing the double forehead grab when hurt, creating a perfect target for his face, turning perfecfly for follow upright right hands. Almost automatic reaction, Mike Tyson Punch Out-esque.
Like he instantly must block his weak spot.

Tbh shogun looked shook even at the weigh-ins. Felt bad for him.

Smith actually seems like a decent guy though.

tumblr_lcdldkcbLU1qzkjh0.gif
Shogun was supposed to win

Shogun didn't look in good shape, he can't take a punch anymore (all that damage from TRT Hendo x2 didn't help that), and he is getting older. I didn't think he looked all that good in his last few fights even though he won them. Sad times, but it what it is. He should stick to fighting other older guys. If Rashad Evans hadn't of retired, that is a good fight for them that never happened in their primes.
People been making excuses for shogun since he got to the ufc. Hes not fighting scrubs anymore.

Idk how someone could be dismissive after that, and that be their takeaway

Smith is athletic, has some good skills, and 40 fights expereiexp

I could see him doing some damage especially with how bad Glover and Korey looked

because any of the top 10 would've probably done that to Rashad or Shogun? it's not that impressive beating up Shogun and Rashad.

i like how people think Anthony Smith is the next big thing after beating a guy who was on a 4 fight losing streak and another guy who's somehow ranked #8 even though he's only beaten 1 top 10 guy by split decision.

but somehow Stipe was never good because he beat up old guys. the "old guys" that Stipe beat are no where near as washed up as Rashad and Shogun are.

Shogun has a lot of gas left int he tank. He looked great through this fight, he just got caught. Anyone can get caught. Mauricio has another run in him. I can feel it.

I think it was the front kick that started it
I was already frustrated by his consistent plodding forward, nearly eating heavy shots and every exchange. seemed like a matter of time after about 30 seconds in.
But it baffled me that he kept wading forward after eating at that hard front kick..why..

I think the term “out cold” has been used a little to liberally over recent years.

Shogun had no idea what the fuck was happening when that ref came over he was trying to grab a leg. I love the guy but you could see how messed up he was after that...
Reminded me of Ronda's ko on Davis. Yves Levigne had to keep telling her the fight was over, she was trying to grappler him lol.

Back