Shogun officialy speaks about what happened, why he pulled out of Japan card...

japan was where he made a name for himself, so quite understandable that he pushed through so that he can make his return there. maybe this would've been his retirement fight. finish where he started.

in any case, i would like to see him retire and not keep going like BJ. let's end it on a high.
Shogun and BJ are not in an even remotely comparable situation

BJ is healthy and is simply a lazy bum who refused to put in the work to evolve his skill set and IQ

Shogun literally has no knee but worked his ass off to genuinely evolve his skill set to compete, and increased his skill and fight IQ to compensate for any declines in health, hence Shogun is still a world beater on a winning streak right now

BJ is done because he failed to evolve his skill set

Shogun is still winning because he made the genuine effort to evolve his skill set, in the face of all his injuries

Shogun and BJ are not in an even remotely comparable situation

BJ is healthy and is simply a lazy bum who refused to put in the work to evolve his skill set and IQ

Shogun literally has no knee but worked his ass off to genuinely evolve his skill set to compete, and increased his skill and fight IQ to compensate for any declines in health, hence Shogun is still a world beater on a winning streak right now

BJ is done because he failed to evolve his skill set

Shogun is still winning because he made the genuine effort to evolve his skill set, in the face of all his injuries

sure but my point is, as much as i love watching shogun, i just think that it might be better that he retires and takes it easy for his overall health. to your point, yes, i agree that he has evolved and that he's still super competitive but it would actually break my heart to see him get smashed.

mmmm training injuries.

Get used to them, fuckos. No steroids to help healing time neither.

Embrace your USADA.

Last edited:
A warrior like Shogun doesn't have to explain himself. Any real MMA fan should know that if he pulls out something is seriously wrong.

I am a Shogun fan, he's one of my favorite MMA fighters but I really wonder about this latest knee injury and what it means for his career.
It's been a long time since we've seen a Shogun that is even close to prime. His entire UFC career has been post prime IMO.
Shogun before the knee injuries seemed to have insane cardio and general conditioning. Since he's started having the knee injuries he's never seemed the same.

Back