Shogun officialy speaks about what happened, why he pulled out of Japan card...

Jesus, hang them up already. I hate seeing fighters compete at so much below their potential. Shogun should have been been up there fighting for the belt, having trilogy bouts with JJ, kicking DC's and Gus's ass. And now, in addition to his injuries, he's becoming old too. No point in tontinuing to fight.

If he'd sorted it out properly the first time and let it heal for however long the doctors said, his career would look very different.
I dunno, how many guys can you name who blew out their knees and came back in the same or better form as before?

Cruz, and...?

I dunno, how many guys can you name who blew out their knees and came back in the same or better form as before?

Cruz, and...?

Fair point, and Cruz blew his out many years after Shogun's first.

Shogun needs to drop out of the USADA pool and just soak in a tub full of designer peptides and steroids for a year, then smash the fuck out of the MW division for 3 years and retire.

If he'd sorted it out properly the first time and let it heal for however long the doctors said, his career would look very different.
Maybe. I know about 3 guys with bum knees and once you have one surgery, it's just over for you.

Stem cell stuff works wonders. Had a coworker who absolutely mangled his knee chasing a suspect through a construction site field. Stem cell therapy injections helped him tremendously.

Glad Shogun has finally realized not to fight injured anymore

So basically false advertisement for the longest time.

Shogun knew he was injured for a while (early in camp), and refused to pull out till fight week. The UFC were likely in on it. Wouldn't be the first time.

Sell as many tickets as possible, get fans to book flights and hotels... announce last minute replacement- pressure the remanning fighter in the bout to take a short notice opponent "for the fans"... And if you refuse they punish you and throw you under the bus publicly...

Imagine that- in the MAIN EVENT of a card, we're going to have to see one fighter who has NOT trained for the fight, compete. This is supposed to be a professional sport. Ridiculous.

I'm glad to see Okami back, big fan for the longest time. But it sucks that he has to return to fight someone bigger, and that too on such short notice...

War Shogun!

Shogun has the show guns!

mauricio-shogun-rua.jpg

He'll be #1 contender by the time he comes back at this rate. Once this Gus/Oezdemir/DC situation works itself out, Shogun is next in line.

He used to be my favorite fighter until all these injuries resulting in lay offs.

Seriously, does anyone think that THIS time, things will heal correctly?! NO. Hes gonna come back and do the bare minimum he can do because of this shit. In my book, hes always fighting injured..

That said, shogun, fight injured or quit.

Fuck fuckity fuck fuck. Not the knee.

I remember a shoop for the perfect fighter. Cro Cops left leg etc etc. Someone needs to do the opposite shoop. Shoguns knees, Cains back, Fedors right hand etc.
Arlovski's jaw, Cerrone's liver, DADA5000 gas tank.

I know that De Randamie vs Reneau back a few
weeks ago had a injury pull out do to a hand issue
that required surgery.Shogun Rua was smart to pull
out do to the fact he would have made the issue
worst trying to fight instead of letting it heal and
come back another day.

Gotta include that excuse about the loss in the first fight, casually mentioning that he was injured going in.

Not that I don't believe him or anything. He hasn't been able to perform at anywhere near his best in years. At a certain point though, you're not a hurt fighter who is going to recover. You just have injuries now. Shogun is well beyond that point.

Three fight win streak is a high for me. Let's call it here.

I so dearly wanted him to get the revenge on OSP. No offence to OSP, but hes not someone who would trouble Shogun in his prime. He'd have been obliterated. One high level win, or one trademark KO, would be nice for a closure.

Shogun is a warrior

he would never pull out of a fight if there wasn't a good reason for It.

He's not Ray borg

Man that sucks. Shogun is a classy guy, wish him a speedy recovery.

japan was where he made a name for himself, so quite understandable that he pushed through so that he can make his return there. maybe this would've been his retirement fight. finish where he started.

in any case, i would like to see him retire and not keep going like BJ. let's end it on a high.

Back