Shogun officialy speaks about what happened, why he pulled out of Japan card...

never understood the matchmaking behind this rematch

Disappointing but at least we know it was for a good reason. He'll be back and get another win though. WAR SHOGUN!!
you guyz want him dead or permanently disabled for your own entertainment right?
Let that man retire

At first I was disappointed to hear that Shogun's fight was no longer happening. I really wanted to see Shogun get his revenge on OSP

To find out that Shogun actually suffered another knee injury is sad, but it makes me very happy to hear that Shogun didn't go through with the fight with the injury

This IS what Shogun should've done against Forrest.

This IS what Shogun should've done against Jones instead of accepting Jones on short notice while injuried

This is what Shogun should've done for the first Hendo fight.

Injuried Shogun is a shell of himself

To see an injuried Shogun still fight and lose because he wasn't 100%, is MUCH MUCH MORE disappointing. It's much worse

I rather see Shogun pull out, get healthy and come back later, and then give us a stellar performance to be happy about

I'm really glad that Eduardo and Shogun are now making decisions based on what's BEST FOR THEM

For the longest time I hated that Shogun was always going out of his way to fight injuried or on short notice

Where did it get Shogun? Losses and never any rewards for it.

If Shogun had managed his career better from the start Shogun would have much less losses.

Eduardo has done a great job.

I'm talking about the Chute Boxe "macho" mentality that is toxic that Shogun was brainwashed by

He wouldve retired after winning the Pride GP if he let his knee injuries impede him from fighting. Shogun is a warrior, its why we all love him, sucks that his knees are so fucked but if he pulled out every time they irritated him we wouldve missed out on some epic fights and KOs

you guyz want him dead or permanently disabled for your own entertainment right?
Let that man retire
He doesn't want to retire yet but when he does I'll fully support him.

I love his passion.
And knowing him, you gotta know that it is serious...
he have some fucked up knees.... I just hope he allows it to heal properly and does not rush back.

He should retire.theres no hope of getting that belt

"come back stronger" - not a chance

His knees were bad back when he won the title from machida, and that was 7 years ago.
He needs to just retire already. Like Bas said if youre in that much pain and getting injured in training, its your body telling you to stop. If only more fighters listened...
To both of you, I give you both a Stone Cold Steve Austin middle finger !

Meh and meh

Shogun is one of the all time greats, and is a living legend who has actually been genuinely evolving his skill set (unlike lazy slob BJ Penn who feels he can always rest on his laurels)

Got to give Shogun credit and Shogun is on a winning streak right now so let him bang bro

I say let Shogun avenge the OSP loss and fight for the belt one last time

Shogun is more technical then ever now. Fighting is all about skill

Shogun in his early career relying on his athleticism is actually what led to him having bad habits and flaws

I'm glad the injuries forced Shogun to address those flaws and genuinely evolve his skills. Everything happens for a reason it seems

There's always a solution no matter what happens

Shogun use to use kicks to set up his punches and can't kick because of bad knees anymore?

Ok start implementing the jab. In boxing the jab is key in not only setting up more offence but in off-setting opponents, controlling opponents etc

And thats exactly what Shogun has actually done. Shogun has an intelligent jab now. Couple that with Shogun utilising sophisticated fients now, and thats exactly why Shogun has been on a winning streak

Again fighting is all about skill...and Shogun was already evolving and making all the corrections to compensate before all of this...so nothing will change....Shogun relies on skill and IQ to win now...so he will go on for quite a bit longer with success. Skills pay the bills... not good knees or athleticism...timing beats speed and Shogun has great timing

Last edited:
Fuck fuckity fuck fuck. Not the knee.

I remember a shoop for the perfect fighter. Cro Cops left leg etc etc. Someone needs to do the opposite shoop. Shoguns knees, Cains back, Fedors right hand etc.

He wouldve retired after winning the Pride GP if he let his knee injuries impede him from fighting. Shogun is a warrior, its why we all love him, sucks that his knees are so fucked but if he pulled out every time they irritated him we wouldve missed out on some epic fights and KOs
Fuck no. Every time Shogun fought injuried he lost.

We missed out nothing but disappointment.

Is that what you wanted to see instead?

Shogun under performing due to injury?

Shogun should've pulled out of every fight listed (Forrest/Jones/Hendo)...

Those fights sucked and only served to make Forrest/Jones/Hendo look better then they actually were off the back of a 40% Shogun.

Not to mention Jones has now been exposed as a steroid cheat. Jones win over Shogun should be over turned. All of Jones wins should be over turned. Biggest scumbag cheater in history. Most of Shogun's losses were to cheaters. USADA ERA BENEFITS SHOGUN

being scared of someone she already beat and beat again... logic
If a mountain lion attacks you and rips off your face but you still kill it im sure you will be afraid of them

bummer. Hopefully he comes back soon

If this is the end, that last fight was a good one to leave on

To both of you, I give you both a Stone Cold Steve Austin middle finger !

Meh and meh

Shogun is one of the all time greats, and is a living legend who has actually been genuinely evolving his skill set (unlike lazy slob BJ Penn who feels he can always rest on his laurels)

Got to give Shogun credit and Shogun is on a winning streak right now so let him bang bro

I say let Shogun avenge the OSP loss and fight for the belt one last time

Shogun is more technical then ever now. Fighting is all about skill

Shogun in his early career relying on his athleticism is actually what led to him having bad habits and flaws

I'm glad the injuries forced Shogun to address those flaws and genuinely evolve his skills. Everything happens for a reason it seems

There's always a solution no matter what happens

Shogun use to use kicks to set up his punches and can't kick because of bad knees anymore?

Ok start implementing the jab. In boxing the jab is key in not only setting up more offence but in off-setting opponents, controlling opponents etc

And thats exactly what Shogun has actually done. Shogun has an intelligent jab now. Couple that with Shogun utilising sophisticated fients now, and thats exactly why Shogun has been on a winning streak

Again fighting is all about skill...and Shogun was already evolving and making all the corrections to compensate before all of this...so nothing will change....Shogun relies on skill and IQ to win now...so he will go on for quite a bit longer with success. Skills pay the bills... not good knees or athleticism...timing beats speed and Shogun has great timing
Even after all those years, shogun fans remain the worst...

Good lord, isn't Shogun only like 35? That's pretty young to have knees that explode every 20 minutes and look like you're 80. He's had a good career but holy crap.

Fuck fuckity fuck fuck. Not the knee.

I remember a shoop for the perfect fighter. Cro Cops left leg etc etc. Someone needs to do the opposite shoop. Shoguns knees, Cains back, Fedors right hand etc.
fwkbbo.jpg

This old lion would have already been killed in a fight if this was the jungle. He needs to retire.

Good lord, isn't Shogun only like 35? That's pretty young to have knees that explode every 20 minutes and look like you're 80. He's had a good career but holy crap.

If he'd sorted it out properly the first time and let it heal for however long the doctors said, his career would look very different.

Back