Shogun is the best fighter ever!

I spit on the basement dwelling TS.

giphy.gif

meh.... shogun is a legendary fighter regardless... he could go on a 10 fight losing streak and still will be remembered .

Literally none of the fighters you listed are ''great''. Win/loss is extremely important, I can't take you seriously as a ''great'' if you lost 10+ fights.

BJ 16-12-2
Couture 19-11
Rua 25-11

They're all great guys I'm sure, but with fucking 34 LOSSES between the 3, they are no where near ''great''.

At this point, DC and GSP stand alone in the truly all time greats category. Following up you have the MM, McGregor, Cruz, Holloway, Khabib, Aldo, Fedor, Hughes, etc.

Anyone with more than 5 losses is entering ''not-so-great'' territory. Don't give me that ''out of prime'' bullshit, a fighter's legacy starts at his first fight and ends at his last fight. You don't get to cherry pick where a prime ends because your favorite fighter started losing.
Randy, BJ and Shogun were all champions, were all once #1 in the world, and were top 5 or top 10 for over a decade.

You are seriously underestimating mileage, damage and age. You are also underestimating how much those guys accomplished and how long they were elite. You are also underestimating their opponents and how they all fought bigger and dangerous opponents and took on massive challenges. They also fought well past their primes. They could have retired sooner with a prettier record but chose to keep fighting.

Where would you put Chuck, Randy and Page?
With hendo all interchangeable afterwards. Its a hard division to rank as far as all time. Chuck could be 3rd if you place ufc title defenses high on your criteria. What shogun did at 05 was stuff of legend tho is why i give him the 3rd spot

TS is such a newb. He doesn't know all the knee injuries and surgeries Shogun had. He also probably hasn't even seen half of Shogun's fights.

And just LOL at "evolution" in the LHW and HW divisions. Those divisions are worse than ever. There used to be far more skill and depth in those divisions a decade ago.
Its true the divisions were better before.

people can say or do whatever they want.....how does that reflect who a fighter is and what he is about?

people can act like obnoxious fan boys if they want..thats on them and how they wish to portray themselves....

what does it say about you that you need to shit on a standup guy like Shogun in order to feel what??? vindication?? revenge?? self betterment?

enlighten us how you shitting on him has improved your day, please

Literally none of the fighters you listed are ''great''. Win/loss is extremely important, I can't take you seriously as a ''great'' if you lost 10+ fights.

BJ 16-12-2
Couture 19-11
Rua 25-11

They're all great guys I'm sure, but with fucking 34 LOSSES between the 3, they are no where near ''great''.

At this point, DC and GSP stand alone in the truly all time greats category. Following up you have the MM, McGregor, Cruz, Holloway, Khabib, Aldo, Fedor, Hughes, etc.

Anyone with more than 5 losses is entering ''not-so-great'' territory. Don't give me that ''out of prime'' bullshit, a fighter's legacy starts at his first fight and ends at his last fight. You don't get to cherry pick where a prime ends because your favorite fighter started losing.
Firstly, I never spoke of fighter primes. So youre starting off this debate with me terribly.

Secondly, many fans would argue that BJ and Faber are greats. Just because you say otherwise proves nothing. MMA isn’t boxing. Fighters continue fighting and will earn loses. The near universally accepted great, Fedor, is at 5 loses now. If he keeps fighting decent opponents he’ll earn a few more loses... will he also not be a great? You’re adherence to the foolish ‘nil losses’ equate to greatness is a boxing fan’s view, not an MMA fan’s.

Of course he wasn't your friend. You were just a warm mouth.
So cute how you think you offend me.

Kid, I may be the mouth, but at the end of the day, you are the asshole. and only one thing comes off you... and it stinks.

So cute how you think you offend me.

Kid, I may be the mouth, but at the end of the day, you are the asshole. and only one thing comes off you... and it stinks.

So you'd rather be a dick sucker than an asshole? Lmao

Good luck with that son.

Shogun was great when he was younger and did not have as many injuries. Pride rules also worked to his fighting style.

He would be a lot better if he didn't block punches with his head.

Back