Shogun is such an under rated counter puncher. 1 of the best counter punchers in LHW history IMO

A bumner the Volkan fight isn't happening any more

Now it's Anthony Smith

I honestly haven't seen much of his fights, but from what I've seen, hes a bit wild/over aggressive, and I definitely see countering opportunities for Shogun: )

Smith seems to be his most dangerous from the clinch

Smith also seems to be very weak to the body. I really hope Shogun targets that body

Really pumped for Shogun's fight. Bringing me back to the good times when we were all pumped waiting for Shogun to fight

WAR Shogun !!! Get that win baby !

Last edited:
Oh.. is this stupid thread again?

Shogun is a can. He should go back to Japan where the competition is easier and the ref wears a headphone to know when to tell his opponets to fall.

Oh.. is this stupid thread again?

Shogun is a can. He should go back to Japan where the competition is easier and the ref wears a headphone to know when to tell his opponets to fall.
This guy must be a machida fanboy lol

2ufynvd.gif
Incredible sequence and a reminder how technical and fast Shogun was when his knees could bend normally and he wasn’t fat from said lack of knee movement

This guy must be a machida fanboy lol
Nah.. I like Shogun TBH. Solid guy.

But his fans are the worst.

Shogun is an old school brawler and I like that.. but no way in hell he is the brilliant counterpuncher this troll makes it to be.

There was also this troll that made 1 Shogun post almost everyday... he is not around here anymore I think.

The reality is Shogun is shot and that is not new. I was rewatching him vs Lil Nog and he almost got put to sleep by the sloppiest puch I have ever seen.

Does this sadistic motherfucker really want to see him there with heavy punchers like Oezdemir? He does not stand a fucking chance.

Im not claiming Shogun needs to retire or anything as some other people. That would be idiotic because he is probably making more money now than ever and he should squeeze any career he has left in order to live a good life. He deserves it after all he has done.

But the Shogun is a contender talk needs to stop and his fans should stop living in 2005.

Shogun will have a lot of chances to counter tomorrow. Smith moves forward very aggressively and leaves himself open

Shogun will have a lot of chances to counter tomorrow. Smith moves forward very aggressively and leaves himself open
Yep

Tell me what you see here

giphy.gif

InferiorThickBarnowl-max-1mb.gif

; )

Nearly identical sequences

Except Shogun doesn't over-commit to defense like Smith's opponent

Shogun stays defensively responsible, knows his range, chin tucked behind his lead sboulder ready to roll off return fire, plants and pull counters that ass.

Smith's opponent had rudiementary striking and didnt know how to plant and counter

While Shogun is probably the best counter puncher in LHW history (to be fair LHW has never really had any legit boxers, but still)

Anyway, If Smith chases Shogun like he has every other opponent, get ready for Shogun to get another beautiful counter KO to add to his highlight reel: )

Would be incredible

Imagine Shogun knocking Smith out like he did Te Huna in the first round, then calling out DC after? People would go wild IMO

I would lose mind for Shogun vs DC for the title

Hope Shogun wins. His GP win is what really got me into MMA. I miss Pride.

Yep

Tell me what you see here

giphy.gif

InferiorThickBarnowl-max-1mb.gif

; )

Nearly identical sequences

Except Shogun doesn't over-commit to defense like Smith's opponent

Shogun stays defensively responsible, knows his range, chin tucked behind his lead sboulder ready to roll off return fire, plants and pull counters that ass.

Smith's opponent had rudiementary striking and didnt know how to plant and counter

While Shogun is probably the best counter puncher in LHW history (to be fair LHW has never really had any legit boxers, but still)

Anyway, If Smith chases Shogun like he has every other opponent, get ready for Shogun to get another beautiful counter KO to add to his highlight reel: )

Would be incredible

Imagine Shogun knocking Smith out like he did Te Huna in the first round, then calling out DC after? People would go wild IMO

I would lose mind for Shogun vs DC for the title

Certainly possible!! I can see the fight going exactly like that. I just hope Shogun doesnt get caught with something sneaky like vs OSP.

Yah that would be wild. For me as a Shogun fan this fight is so big because its an accumulation of 3 years and his winning streak and now the 4th one could get him a title shot. It would be quite a memory to add, I remember watching Shogun live in the 05 GP and all through out his UFC career...the highs and lows.

That was a dadbod old man who should not be fighting up and comers and some idiotic Sherdoggers acting like 2005 wasnt 13 years ago.
Seriously it's sad how much some guys still cling to Pride.

Shogun is nowhere close to being the LHW goat

Back