Shogun going for legendary career ending

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Its crazy that Shogun in 2018, after so many losses and wars, is likely going to get a title shot with an impressive win here.

DC wants it, and i believe the ufc will give a legend like Shogun an epic last title shot. Like they did with Hendo.

He needs to win this fight big. His chin cant take big shots from this guy. I believe Rua is far better everywhere.. And even in 2018 i believe Kings mma has prepared a gameplan where this should be a victory for Rua.

If he does get the DC fight. That one is very difficult to picture Shogun winning.

Hes basically got two paths to victory... First round KO before DC can get ahold of him (which to be honest he is capable of doing), or it to turns into a dog fight where he suceeds and breaks DC late (unlikely)

Edit; i suppose if he could make Randleman tap from a leg lock he potentially could do that to anyone. He is a legit black belt and has years of experience on DC in that area

Either way. Who isnt on board for this

If he wins these 2 fights he would be p4p #1 again, in 2018

Last edited:
I think if they kept it standing It has the potential to be one heck of a way to go out, and like you said D.C. Would like to given shogun a shot out of respect for what he's done for the sport before he takes on lesnar. I'd love to see this, but understand there's potential for it to not be what we'd all love it to be

Welcome...welcome to the shogun era.

DC basically has to wait for Brock till March.
He wants to get a easy LHW title defense out of the way by then. GUS is risky for business, because a loss will take sheen off a Brock fight.
Shogun is the last clean LHW champ before DC. So it works out marketing wise.
And no one has ever defended two belts simultaneously as champ.
Good for DC.

Shogun doesn’t need DC or UFC to give him anything

He will be on 4-0 run in modern day LHW scene and EARN his title shot and a 3rd and final career peak!!!!!!!

I just wish Shogun could knock Machida dead one last time<Oku01>

He will be on 4-0 run in modern day LHW scene and EARN his title shot and a 3rd and final career peak!!!!!!!
And we all know DC is just dying to give it to him!

I think if they kept it standing It has the potential to be one heck of a way to go out, and like you said D.C. Would like to given shogun a shot out of respect for what he's done for the sport before he takes on lesnar. I'd love to see this, but understand there's potential for it to not be what we'd all love it to be
Honestly Shogun is alot better on his back and on the ground than that Russian or Gus. I know he got subbed early by Sonnen. Thats just one of those things, Chael has a great choke and caught him early.

Thats why alot of these guys grease, to avoid that.

Either way, i think he would survive and the fight will have multiple opportunities for him to potentially make something happen standing. Hes alot more versitile than Hendo in that area, who just has 2 punches.

If Andy could hurt DC with a kick, Shogun could too.. And Shogun almost never lets someone off.

Man people are really disillusion. Three fight win streak, one fight which I thought he lost, and not he's going for the title. Maybe he gets one with a win if the UFC is feeling generous and so DC will take one fight before Brock but for anyone giving him any kind of chance against DC is insane. Rumble couldn't take him out but an out of prime Rua has a shot smh.

Shogun is the last clean LHW champ before DC.
Stahp, he is from the dirtiest org ever. Steroids dont just work in camp, they improve u over a lifetime of use. Quit the b.s.

Dont let this make u forget a 22 year old JJ made him tap to strikes

Edit; i suppose if he could make Randleman tap from a leg lock he potentially could do that to anyone. He is a legit black belt and has years of experience on DC in that area
Let's not act like Randleman's submission defense is anything but mediocre at best.

Man people are really disillusion. Three fight win streak, one fight which I thought he lost, and not he's going for the title. Maybe he gets one with a win if the UFC is feeling generous and so DC will take one fight before Brock but for anyone giving him any kind of chance against DC is insane. Rumble couldn't take him out but an out of prime Rua has a shot smh.
Dc himself wants to fight Rua.

You are delusional. Belfort and Hendo got late career title shots.. Recently. If Shogun wins this fight big he gets the shot

Back