Shogun fought clean - a legend

Yep athletes are supposed to decline in their 30s as injuries begin to pile up, test starts to drop, and speed agility begins to go.

You need that Anderson Silva cocktail of androstane, drostanolone, synthetic testosterone, and dickpills if you want to ko father time.

DC, chuck and shogun are the best lhw's of all time.

They all had legendary careers without ever popping for steroids.

Shogun will always be one of my favorite all time fighters and It sucked to see him lose like that. That being said, there’s no denying his status as a legend and one of the best to have ever competed. I just hope that he decides to finally call it a career and enjoy his life and his family. Dudes definitely earned it. Regardless, like I said, Shogun will always be one of my favorite fighters, win, lose, or draw.

WAR SHOGUN!!!

shogun-rua-the-badass-o.gif

Too think IF shogun had a better team he could have demanded to fight Glover, the other night got a win, and ended his career in NYC fighting dc for the belt instead he got a young lion with nothing to lose.

Does his lopsided loss to Jones hurt his legacy? Does tapping to strikes?

I doubt he was clean for the 05 final conflict taking out Reem & Arona in the same night, plus, you know, Pride

I couldn't care less if he juiced or juices though and assume he doesnt now

He crushed it in that era not just survived, he's top ten over a decade later

Straight unadultered hespeck, he's already part on the HOF but absolutely deserves to be there

Nobody that fought for a long periode in pride, was clean.

Nobody

Let's put it this way: Most fighters at the highest level back in those days were on some form of PED, regardless of how much they used them.

To compare:

All fighters in their relative primes unless otherwise noted

Liddel's best wins during his prime: Young Vitor, Babalu 2×, Couture 2×, Overeem, out of prime Wanderlei

Shogun's best wins during his prime: Rampage, Overeem 2×, Arona, Little Nog, out of prime Chuck, Coleman in the second fight (his first loss was due to a broken arm during a freak accident when he landed awkwardly from a TD), KO over prime Lyoto but he was robbed in the first fight.

Given these stats, it comes close. However, MMA math favors Prime shogun over Prime Liddell, given that he beat Rampage whereas Liddell lost to him twice. A prime Shogun was a more skilled, versatile striker than prime Chuck, but we will never know how it would go down.

Back