Shlemenko: A man has to answer for his words (about Khabib, Iaquinta, Lobov and McGregor conflict)

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
For those of you that don't know that Khabib slapped Lobov in the face and what that conflict was about, I send you over to another thread where Lobovs interview that upset Khabib was translated.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...-lobovs-russian-interview-translated.3745995/

This is from an interview that Alexander gave an MMA news site valetudo.ru
https://valetudo.ru/mma/news/aleksandr-shlemenko-muzhchina-dolzhen-otvechat-za-svoi-slova

alexander-shlemenko.jpg

About Iaquinta:

To be honest i underestimated Iaquinta a little. I thought that Khabib would finish him. I expected that it wouldn’t go past three rounds, since Khabib is a lot stronger (better) the Iaquinta. The American is not even in the top 10.

About Khabib not finishing Iaquinta:

Of course if Khabib would finish him with a spin kick knock-out it would be cool. But let’s be objective, Khabib is a fighter that most of the time goes the distance, he doesn’t have many finishes in his career. He doesn’t like to force the events, he is comfortable with taking it slow and going the distance. If it works for him, why should he change anything?

About Khabib’s striking:

Khabib outplayed him (Iaquinta) even in the stand-up. If he succeeding with the striking, why shouldn’t he do it? I think Khabib did it because he came in to the octagon completely confident about his victory. Therefor he felt that he could do whatever he want to the opponent and took the opportunity to experiment a little.

About Ferguson pulling out:

It was a real pity. It killed the intrigue. The announced Ferguson – Nurmagomedov fight was many times louder then what we eventually got. For UFC that is of course a failure.

About Khabib vs Lobov, McGregor situation:

That conflict should have been settled right there at the hotel. Artem should have acted different in that situation. He said unpleasant words about Khabib, everybody have seen that video. A man has to answer for his words (take responsibility for his words) and not say that he didn’t do it. And Conor’s stunt is understandable … he backed up a friend, but how must Artem feel about that? From the side it looks like his older brother has come to fight his fight, solve his problems. That’s not how a serious person acts.

Last edited:
Mousasi 29-28 with a broken eye socket (45 seconds in)....for those who have normal eye balls.

Just bringing it up cause itll come up somewhere in thread.

#mousasi#1mw-inworld

That conflict should have been settled right there at the hotel. Artem should have acted different in that situation. He said unpleasant words about Khabib, everybody have seen that video. A man has to answer for his words (take responsibility for his words) and not say that he didn’t do it. And Conor’s stunt is understandable … he backed up a friend, but how must Artem feel about that? From the side it looks like his older brother has come to fight his fight, solve his problems. That’s not how a serious person acts.
The best take on this whole thing. Understanding, not very critical, objective. Makes sense. That's how any real person should see this, start to finish.

I read that as Shevchenko at first lol. Who gives a fuck about Shlemenko?

The best take on this whole thing. Understanding, not very critical, objective. Makes sense. That's how any real person should see this, start to finish.

I liked that as well. Shlemenko seems like a good, sensible guy from his interviews.

I just assumed it was similar to when Yoel put his hands around Rockhold's head and whispered sweet nothings.

"I luh you Ahrem, I luh you..."

Of course Conor was hurt by it.

I read that as Shevchenko at first lol. Who gives a fuck about Shlemenko?

He is an experienced fighter that has achieved a lot. I give a fuck about what he thinks a lot more then about what you think?
Who are you? What have you achieved? Why should we value your opinion?

Look at it as en expert's opinion on recent events in the UFC

Where the fuck is Shlemenko? I wanna see him fight again

Bellator fucking up yet again icing their top fighters

Yep also my take from this. He nailed it. Lobov should have stood up for himself against Khabib but again not that easy if you get cornered by all his gang and then grabbed and slapped.
I get people condemn Conor for his behaviour but Khabib straight up assaulted a fellow UFC fighter.
Not better in any way and imo even much more a pussy move.

Where the fuck is Shlemenko? I wanna see him fight again

Bellator fucking up yet again icing their top fighters

He's waiting for his contract with Bellator to run out, after that he wants to negotiate with UFC.
I think that UFC might go for that, because 1. He has fans in Russia 2. UFC are planning an event in Russia in the fall. Think Shlemenko might be a good signing for them. Think that he can be competitive in UFC.

Mousasi 29-28 with a broken eye socket (45 seconds in)....for those who have normal eye balls.

Just bringing it up cause itll come up somewhere in thread.

#mousasi#1mw-inworld

Mousasi, the guy who lost to a past-his-prime Machida, got KO'd by Hall and destroyed in every aspect of MMA by Jacare. He had his chance in the UFC. No one outside his sub-60 IQ fan girls think he's the #1 MW...especially after barely beating a bloated WW who didn't last 2 minutes with an ancient Tito.

Back