Shinya Aoki 'RIZIN is lackluster. I don't want to fight for them'

THE ORG WAS RUN BY HIS PERSONAL HAN DLERS SAEKI AND SASAHARA GAVE HIM PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT

HE SOMEHOW BECAME THE FIRST TITLE CHALLENGER FOR HANSEN EVEN THOUGH HE HAD JUST TKOED HIS DISGUSTING GLASS JAW IN HIS LAST FIGHT

"HEY WHO SHOULD WE GET TO FIGHT OUR NEW CHAMPION TO BUILT HIM UP O I KNOW HOW ABOUT THE GUY HE JUST TKOED"

LITERALLY CRIED AND GOT A DO OVER AGAINST jz I MEAN HE CRIED IN THE RING AFTER GETTING TKOED AND THEY FINAGLED A REMATCH FOR HIM ON THE NEXT DREAM ANYONE ELSE AND THEY WOULD OF BEEN OUT OF LUCK ESPECIALLY IN A TOURNAMENT FORMAT

GOT ALVEREZ ON SHORT NOTICE DO YOU THINK AOKI KNEW ABOUT THE FIGHT THE SMAE TIME ALVERZ FOUND OUT WHEN HE HAS PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE DREAM MATCHMAKERS HE WAS TRAINING OUT OF SAEKIS GYM AT TIME .WE ALL SAW WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THEY BOTH HAD FULL TRAINING CAMPS

HE NEVER GOT YELLOW CARDED FOR STALLING IN HIS FIGHTS BUT THEY WOULD HAND THEM OUT LIBERALLY TO HIS OPPONENTS THANKS TO HIS PERSONAL REF YUJI"ON THE TAKE "SHIMADA

NOBODY SENT HIM ANY WHERE AOKI WAS DECLARING HIMSELF THE SAVIOR OF JMMA AND THAT IF HE LOST THAT JAPAN WOULD BE COME A COLONY (lmao STILL) HE HAD BOUGHT HIS OWN HYPE HE WAS TRYING TO BECOME THE LEGIT#1 LW AT TIME SO THEY GRANTED HIM HIS WISH AND LET HIM FIGHT IN STRIKEFORCE

Hansen lost to Eddie, he got in as a last minute replacement. He fought Kultar for 2 minutes, Aoki was in a war with Uno,his legs were shot from that 10 minute triangle attempt. It wasn't exactly a fair fight. Aoki owned him both times they fought each other fresh.

That JZ fight was controversial, but it looked to me like JZ clearly elbowed him in the spine/the back of the neck, repeatedly. He tried to ruin Aoki's career. I have no problem with that re-match, it also gave Shinya less time to prepare for round two of the tournament since he had to fight twice in round on of the tournament. Aoki's prerformance in the re-match was a thing of beauty.

Eddie had more than enough time to figure out that he shouldn't try and GNP Aoki, yet he got cocky and tried to beat Aoki at his own game. Eddie fought dumb, that's not Dreams or Aoki's fault. When they fought in Bellator Eddie was the one who should've been penalized for stalling, and Gil was greased up.

Who did he stall against?

He may be crazy, he may be a whiny dick, but I don't buy that he wasn't protected. He fought 7 times (in the first 9 months) for Dream in 2008 when they debuted. Against a bunch of killers.

not saying hansen was better than aoki just that they were desperate to have him get the belt hansen could of fought anybody except maybe the guy he had just tkoed

aoki fought eddie on new years the fight was announced mid dec its something promoters do so to give advantage to the home town guy they do it on new years they did the samething with melelndez vs kawa on nye they tell hometown fighter who his going to fight and they tell the other fighter that he will fight but they say they dont have a opponent yet and the finanlly let them know like a couple of weeks out
again in full trainning camp melendez pushed kawajiris shit in jt said himself they called him like on to weeks notice to face kawa on nye he wasnt even trainning cause of some injury i think and said fuck a paycheck and a free trip to japan

he stalled vs shaolin they would always let him stall in mount prolly againts aurelio to i cant even remember the fight but if the guy has good jitz aoki just fuckig would stall when he got top position
bibi would try to do the same they would card the shit out him

not saying hansen was better than aoki just that they were desperate to have him get the belt hansen could of fought anybody except maybe the guy he had just tkoed

aoki fought eddie on new years the fight was announced mid dec its something promoters do so to give advantage to the home town guy they do it on new years they did the samething with melelndez vs kawa on nye they tell hometown fighter who his going to fight and they tell the other fighter that he will fight but they say they dont have a opponent yet and the finanlly let them know like a couple of weeks out
again in full trainning camp melendez pushed kawajiris shit in jt said himself they called him like on to weeks notice to face kawa on nye he wasnt even trainning cause of some injury i think and said fuck a paycheck and a free trip to japan

he stalled vs shaolin they would always let him stall in mount prolly againts aurelio to i cant even remember the fight but if the guy has good jitz aoki just fuckig would stall when he got top position
bibi would try to do the same they would card the shit out him

Yeah they definitely wanted Aoki to be champ, and they showed bias at times. I can't argue with that.

I think Gil would've smashed Kawajiri the second time around, even if it was in Japan tho

Aoki vs Cruickshank? Would look a lot like...

2.gif

In all of the mixed rules and exhibition fights I've ever seen, that was one of the most fantastical. Everyone thought Aoki was going to tool him in R2 and as soon as he shot he got flatlined and Jeonitsu (sp?) went ape shit and it was just insane. The speed of those hammer fists are incredible.

Shinya said multiple times that he won't fight in the UFC to protect his record, because he feels that he can't hang with the best anymore. I'm curious if he thinks there is any promotion good enough for him.
Smells like bullshit over here.

Yeah, I thnk sherdog has conveniently forgot to cover it. It's funny - but sherdog has always been a troll strictly for American promotions.

But anyways, was the rizin event any good? The rip I saw featured only fights, no entrances, no post-fight stuff - so the thing with Aoki was missing as well. As for the fights themselves.... I'd say they weren't that great. There were a few pretty competitive fights - and it was interesting to see the Indian-Japanese dude Fedor fought fight again against another Russian dude Fedor brought in (Fedor was cornering all of the Russian fighters at this event - and in this fight, the win was given to the Russian dude, but I'd say it was an even fight - in fact, the Russian dude was bloody due to skin cuts, while the Indian had skin which was clearly not prone to cuts).

The 2 on 2 grappling match was a joke.

The Brazilian monster chick destroyed the Russian chick, who clearly didn't belong in the ring.

In the end, it was sort of meh.

A bit disappointed Sherdog didn't cover this event. Will have to start checking other websites if Sherdog doesn't fix up their act.

THE ORG WAS RUN BY HIS PERSONAL HAN DLERS SAEKI AND SASAHARA GAVE HIM PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT

HE SOMEHOW BECAME THE FIRST TITLE CHALLENGER FOR HANSEN EVEN THOUGH HE HAD JUST TKOED HIS DISGUSTING GLASS JAW IN HIS LAST FIGHT

"HEY WHO SHOULD WE GET TO FIGHT OUR NEW CHAMPION TO BUILT HIM UP O I KNOW HOW ABOUT THE GUY HE JUST TKOED"

LITERALLY CRIED AND GOT A DO OVER AGAINST jz I MEAN HE CRIED IN THE RING AFTER GETTING TKOED AND THEY FINAGLED A REMATCH FOR HIM ON THE NEXT DREAM ANYONE ELSE AND THEY WOULD OF BEEN OUT OF LUCK ESPECIALLY IN A TOURNAMENT FORMAT

GOT ALVEREZ ON SHORT NOTICE DO YOU THINK AOKI KNEW ABOUT THE FIGHT THE SMAE TIME ALVERZ FOUND OUT WHEN HE HAS PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE DREAM MATCHMAKERS HE WAS TRAINING OUT OF SAEKIS GYM AT TIME .WE ALL SAW WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THEY BOTH HAD FULL TRAINING CAMPS

HE NEVER GOT YELLOW CARDED FOR STALLING IN HIS FIGHTS BUT THEY WOULD HAND THEM OUT LIBERALLY TO HIS OPPONENTS THANKS TO HIS PERSONAL REF YUJI"ON THE TAKE "SHIMADA

NOBODY SENT HIM ANY WHERE AOKI WAS DECLARING HIMSELF THE SAVIOR OF JMMA AND THAT IF HE LOST THAT JAPAN WOULD BE COME A COLONY (lmao STILL) HE HAD BOUGHT HIS OWN HYPE HE WAS TRYING TO BECOME THE LEGIT#1 LW AT TIME SO THEY GRANTED HIM HIS WISH AND LET HIM FIGHT IN STRIKEFORCE

WHY ARE YOU WRITING WITH CAPITAL LETTERS? IT MAKES YOUR POSTS HARDER TO READ AND A STRAIN ON THE EYES.

I doubt he'll ever fight in the UFC. He's not as big of a name in the states. He also probably makes more money fighting in Asia than he ever would in America, especially on a Reebok payroll!

No he tried to. He was in SF and lost to GIlbert Mendes pretty soundly then dissapeared.

LMAO! God I love Aoki! Wish I had seen it!

LMAO, HIlarious! Love Aoki and wish I had seen this live!

Eddie had more than enough time to figure out that he shouldn't try and GNP Aoki, yet he got cocky and tried to beat Aoki at his own game. Eddie fought dumb, that's not Dreams or Aoki's fault. When they fought in Bellator Eddie was the one who should've been penalized for stalling, and Gil was greased up.

Remembering it wrong? Eddie didn't try to GNP, he middle kicked Aoki who caught it and took Eddie down and subbed him.

Remembering it wrong? Eddie didn't try to GNP, he middle kicked Aoki who caught it and took Eddie down and subbed him.

Eddie reversed Aoki's takedown down attempt after Aoki caught the kick. Eddie was on top, and immediately tried to switch to mount during the transition. He ended up giving up his leg in the process and was tapping shortly after. If he stood up instead of trying to mount Aoki he might've won, it was a bad decision on his part. He under-estimated Aoki and tried/wanted to pound him out, but he couldn't get mount.

Doubt it was a work. Aoki is a known dick.

Seriously, a water bottle? Last time I heard of someone throwing a bottle, it was pussy ass Drake throwing a bottle at pussy Chris Brown in a club. Botch ass move right there (Aoki's)

Nothing wrong with that. Morales threw a water bottle at Barrera when Barrera tried to give respect after the fight.
Easily available i suppose

In all of the mixed rules and exhibition fights I've ever seen, that was one of the most fantastical. Everyone thought Aoki was going to tool him in R2 and as soon as he shot he got flatlined and Jeonitsu (sp?) went ape shit and it was just insane. The speed of those hammer fists are incredible.

One of my favorite post-Pride MMA moments. A man who wears girl costumes made him shit his pants. He even deleted his twitter (or some Japanese equivalent) after Japanese fans teased him about it!

I met Aoki once, when Fedor fought Rogers in Chicago. He was walking around, looking kind of lost. No one knew who he was except me and this other guy. He was friendly and seemed happy we recognized him.

Love Aoki, keep throwing waterbottles and being a dick

Back