Shinsuke Yamanaka vs Luis Nery, WBC bantam title

DaveDave

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Fight's over.

I gotta video link but PM please, not gonna post it openly 'cos I want it to stay up long enough for my old man to see it tonight (UK time).

Fight's over.

I gotta video link but PM please, not gonna post it openly 'cos I want it to stay up long enough for my old man to see it tonight (UK time).
I wish I'd seen this before I went searching for a link. Definitely worth a watch guys, take Dave's advice and pm him.

Wow, I was way off on my prediction. Looks like Nery is the real deal, new sheriff in town.
Fierce Eagle still sporting that afro, keeps his record.
Yamanaka is an old BW, probably hangs them up if he doesn't go for a rematch.

Impressive win. It was quick, but Nery took his time nonetheless. He's a bit wide at times with the left but he looked sharp and in control, both moving forward and backwards. Yamanaka paid for his low hands, he was outgunned and at 34 he's not a very crisp bantamweight anymore.

Props to Nery.

LOL, I am away for 5 days on vacations and come back to find that Yamanaka was TKOed in 4 rounds.
Just watched the fight. Unbelievable!

Nery had his number from the beginning. He completely nullified Shinsuke's jab and with it, he took away his timing.
Yamanaka always was one dimensional but that didn't stop me from loving the guy.

It was difficult to see him so devastated, but at least he lost standing.

I don't know much about Yamanaka or what he usually does in the ring. I thought he was beight kinda lazy or complacent defensively. He kept pulling back and when Nery stuck a punch on the end of the first one that got Yama pulling back to begin with, he got smacked. Also he was moving to Nery's power side more than I cared for.

Chin for days though. Kept taking bombs.

I don't know much about Yamanaka or what he usually does in the ring. I thought he was beight kinda lazy or complacent defensively. He kept pulling back and when Nery stuck a punch on the end of the first one that got Yama pulling back to begin with, he got smacked. Also he was moving to Nery's power side more than I cared for.

Chin for days though. Kept taking bombs.

I also noticed this. It may have to do with the fact that he is southpaw and he usually moves that way against most of his opponents.
Nery is also a southpaw. That's only a guess though.
He does have fights agaisnt southpaws. 2 fights against the great Moreno, so he should know better.

Passing the torch. He looks more experienced than a 22 year old. Yamanaka looked like the rookie at times. Solid performance from Nery and Yamanaka had heart.

Nery looked a fair bit more polished there than he has in the past. He also appears to have a chin. Yamanaka can punch and Nery walked right through several flush shots.

Luis nery is a bad dude he destroyed the #9 p4p guy.

Damn these Mexicans can fuuuucking fight.

i was wondering when Yamanaka would finally lose

never really found him that impressive, was weird seeing him on P4P lists all of a sudden when he had a bigger claim a while ago and wasnt featured on them

Saw the fight, Nery is decent. Whenever you have a fight in these lower weight classes the younger fighter, especially if they're 12 years younger, will win like over 90% of the time against the older guy. Yamanaka was hanging in there but this guy was able to absorb all his power shots and keep moving forward and Yamanaka was just beaten by a younger guy, that's all.

sad to see him lose but it was bound to happen. wonder if he retires?

Give him the rematch and guarantee you it will be closer than Jezreel Corrales/Takashi Uchiyama 2. It'd only be fair since this one is merely a towel throw loss, I think they should have let it go on a bit further, as well.

But damn he cried worse than DC.. you could literally hear the screams.

I had a feeling this would happen. Let's see a rematch, it's not like Yamanaka was looking useless here. Props to Nery though, that dude is the real deal.

Man that was a little sad, Uchiyama, Yamanaka both dethroned one retired.thats an era in Japanese boxing right there....

Back