Shin Clashing: If it happens, how to not hit opponents knee?

Replay19

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
If you spar and sometimes shin clashes are unavoidable, so it happens. I would rather have my shin clash my opponents' because he would eat some damage too, but a few times I hit at awkward targets like his knee and end up hurting myself. So how do I train my roundhouse kicks in such a way that it stops accidentally hitting targets like the knee, and more like the shin or something else instead?

If you spar and sometimes shin clashes are unavoidable, so it happens. I would rather have my shin clash my opponents' because he would eat some damage too, but a few times I hit at awkward targets like his knee and end up hurting myself. So how do I train my roundhouse kicks in such a way that it stops accidentally hitting targets like the knee, and more like the shin or something else instead?

not much. if you throw the kick and they move and thats where it happens to land, thats where it lands.

how you setup your kick can help though, punch first, then kick.

not much. if you throw the kick and they move and thats where it happens to land, thats where it lands.

how you setup your kick can help though, punch first, then kick.

Punch, kick, knee, elbow..........shoulders knees and toes......

Punch, kick, knee, elbow..........shoulders knees and toes......

lol exactly

some great advice given to me about kicking during the fight

kick left, kick right

kick inside, kick outside

kick high, kick low

sounds too easy but is great advice

Back