Shevchenko should retire

No. We saw the first fight. The second should have been a war.

Nunes is the superior fighter. She can fight a brutal fight or a point scoring fight. Bullet can only score points.

Superior fighter? lol

Superior sized maybe.... even with the size advantage she still couldn't put a single mark on Shevchenko's face and had to resort to a last minute panic takedown to save the last round.

TS's sig has a list of all the names he's ignored on Sherdog.... like it's some sort of badge of honor.

Probably a douchebag. Please add me to your ignore list so I don't have to see your garbage threads.
That's not how it works.

Superior fighter? lol

Superior sized maybe.... even with the size advantage she still couldn't put a single mark on Shevchenko's face and had to resort to a last minute panic takedown to save the last round.
Nunes is 2-0 over her and I feel like she would have more trouble with Tate, McMann, GDR and maybe even Ronda than Nunes did. Also could Val beat Budd at 145? Nunes seems superior overall.

"I'm going to fight like its my last fight."

That's what she said before the second fight with Nunes. Well, if that's how she'll fight her last fight, go ahead and make it your last fight. She came out and did nothing the first round, even after saying she had fixed that. No effort to change up her game plan mid fight. Afterwards, felt like she did enough to win three rounds. That's not the mentality of a champ.

If that's fighting like its her last fight, she should make it so.

Thoughts?

What's with you bashing her constantly?

Nunes is 2-0 over her and I feel like she would have more trouble with Tate, McMann, GDR and maybe even Ronda than Nunes did. Also could Val beat Budd at 145? Nunes seems superior overall.

Of course she'd probably have more trouble against those girls. Nunes is bigger than all of them and Shevchenko is smaller than all of them.

Nunes is in the proper weight class... Val is not. And even then, she basically fought Nunes to a deadlock twice, despite it being 2-0. Many people would say it should be 1-1.

With the judges scoring the way it was, it seemed like Valentina could've won if one of the judges had just been in a different mood.

It sounds like a paradox but Valentina won rounds 2,3,4 according to 2/3 judges.
One judge even gave her round 5.

If that one judge who gave Nunes round 2 had changed his mind, Valentina would've won the fight.

It's nothing against her, personally, more against the rampant fanboyism surrounding her on this forum.
Kind of like my mild bashing of Cain, Holly, Gus and Wonderboy at times, which has mellowed a lot with the deterioration of fanboyism for them. lol

With the judges scoring the way it was, it seemed like Valentina could've won if one of the judges had just been in a different mood.

It sounds like a paradox but Valentina won rounds 2,3,4 according to 2/3 judges.
One judge even gave her round 5.

If that one judge who gave Nunes round 2 had changed his mind, Valentina would've won the fight.

Judge with 3-2 for Valentina gave her 5 round, so I guess it should be unanimous dec for Nunes, because it was cleary some kind of mistake.

"But she beat Joanna three times" ....... and that goes a long way to explaining why Shevchenko is overrated. Joanna is 14-0 in mma and every opponent was legit, even the two girls she fought in Poland at the start of her career. Valentina's real mma record against legit opponents is 4-3.

Joanna sought out the best: Hoost, ATT, while Val wanders the world, training with the same guy she's been with since she was 5 years old .... it suggests complacency.

Of course Shevchenko is very talented, the wins against Holm and Pena show that, but the failure to link up with new trainers suggests a certain arrogance, a belief there is nothing new to learn and that she has all the answers.

So complacency and arrogance and with that a failure to adjust when Nunes came up with a conservative gameplan she wasn't expecting.

The new 125 division offers Val the chance to fight in a class where she won't be outweighed, maybe she'll be the champ, but her mindset seems to be "I was robbed" not "why did I lose, what can I learn"

125 and attempt to bully smaller fighters

At 125, she'll probably still be smaller than most of her opponents. She'll probably cut 5 lbs during fight week. Friday she weighed in at 133.5 and cut zero pounds.

"But she beat Joanna three times" ....... and that goes a long way to explaining why Shevchenko is overrated. Joanna is 14-0 in mma and every opponent was legit, even the two girls she fought in Poland at the start of her career. Valentina's real mma record against legit opponents is 4-3.

Joanna sought out the best: Hoost, ATT, while Val wanders the world, training with the same guy she's been with since she was 5 years old .... it suggests complacency.

Of course Shevchenko is very talented, the wins against Holm and Pena show that, but the failure to link up with new trainers suggests a certain arrogance, a belief there is nothing new to learn and that she has all the answers.

So complacency and arrogance and with that a failure to adjust when Nunes came up with a conservative gameplan she wasn't expecting.

The new 125 division offers Val the chance to fight in a class where she won't be outweighed, maybe she'll be the champ, but her mindset seems to be "I was robbed" not "why did I lose, what can I learn"

Tough but fair.

Yeah because a fighter that was only one judge away from getting the belt should totally retire.

Shevchenko is one of my favorite fighters, but this bashing thread is so mild and vanilla that it made me even giggle a bit.

Leto is one of my fave sherdoggers, but he's pretty dismissive of Val. I'm not just referencing this thread either, but other posts as well he's made.

It's nothing against her, personally, more against the rampant fanboyism surrounding her on this forum.

Fair enough. I think she should stop bitching too, I do think she won but it wasn't a blatant robbery.

"I've decided to retire young. Thanks for the chesse. Catch ya's later"-Valentina Shevchenko

Back