Shevchenko should retire

Amanda fought an even more boring fight, she took a page right out of Woodley's book, If you think Shevchenko's performance warrants retirement then Nunes should also retire. Hell the entire women's divisions should just retire because the majority of WMMA fights feel lackluster.

insulting some dork for making a shitty thread makes you a " liberal SJW " ?

lmao okay bud.

Still no point made, just insults. Pure shit post.

Amanda fought an even more boring fight, she took a page right out of Woodley's book, If you think Shevchenko's performance warrants retirement then Nunes should also retire. Hell the entire women's divisions should just retire because the majority of WMMA fights feel lackluster.

Amanda fought like Woodley? Um, let's see. Who had their back to the cage the entire fight? Who stood waiting for their opponent to overcommit so they could counter? Who promised excitement and didn't deliver? That's pulling a Woodley, and it was all Shevchenko.

Amanda fought a smart fight by taking away Shevchenko's countering and lasting all five rounds, which nobody believed she could do. She also has never failed to deliver a promising fight before this one. Everybody gets one.

while we're shitting on WMMA fighters, Amanda Nunes said she would finish Shevchenko, Shevchenko looked like she was landing the more significant strikes, and that's saying something since the TS has pointed out Shevchenko basically did nothing for rd 1.

who's the one making the fight boring? the one doing nothing, or the one who sees the opponent is doing nothing and basically does nothing herself.

just as much as Shevchenko wasn't fighting for the finish, neither was Nunes, because she knew if she pushed on the gas and Shevchenko wasn't out of there by the time rd 3 rolled around, Valentina would've most likely beaten her.

says some nobody on an MMA forum.

no, she shouldn't retire.

giphy.gif

Says the bum who's been a sherdogger for 12 fucking years.

A loser who is proud of 'wet shaving'.

<DisgustingHHH>

You've been hating on My Girl for ages now, let me guess you're an 'minority' who hates a beautiful, strong White girl succeeding.

Get over it, hombre.
i've always thought you're "hombre"... because of your avatar

<DisgustingHHH>

Says the bum who's been a sherdogger for 12 fucking years.

A loser who is proud of 'wet shaving'.

<DisgustingHHH>

You've been hating on My Girl for ages now, let me guess you're an 'minority' who hates a beautiful, strong White girl succeeding.

Get over it, hombre.
<mma2>

Could it be that it was just so evenly matched that a close fight was all she was capable of?
Bingo. Personally, I scored the fight for Shevchenko, but it was close enough to go in either direction. These two women are so closely matched that they effectively canceled each other out. And people suggesting that she should have moved forward and brawled more obviously don't know her style. She's a skilled kickboxer who prefers to counter strike. And Nunes isn't the type of fighter you engage recklessly, just ask Ronda and Meisha.

Was this an overly entertaining fight? No. Is Shevchenko going overboard with her whining, considering how close the fight was? Yes. But the "fans" are also going over the top by pretending that this was the worst fight we've ever seen. The fact of the matter is that some fights will be entertaining, while others won't be. Such is the nature of the sport. It's not that big a deal.

125 and attempt to bully smaller fighters
Lol, she fought at lower weights for most of her career in MT. She has been undersized and weighed in nearly 2 pounds under for her last fight.

Figthers always say stuff like that, "most important fight", "biggest fight", "best shape of my life", until they got beat in a snoozefest where they didnt do anything.

"I'm going to fight like its my last fight."

That's what she said before the second fight with Nunes. Well, if that's how she'll fight her last fight, go ahead and make it your last fight. She came out and did nothing the first round, even after saying she had fixed that. No effort to change up her game plan mid fight. Afterwards, felt like she did enough to win three rounds. That's not the mentality of a champ.

If that's fighting like its her last fight, she should make it so.

Thoughts?

we get it you're upset. This place is a cesspool of insecurity, uncontrolled emotions, anger and entitlement.

I think she has a good shot at being 125 champ. Just needs to let them hands go in her next fight. Just needs to be more aggressive.

I think she has a good shot at being 125 champ. Just needs to let them hands go in her next fight. Just needs to be more aggressive.
Honestly, I think she'll have a harder time than everyone thinks. I mean, if you look at her wins, they're usually people give no credit for, except when it comes to Shevchenko beating them. Kaufman? Very inactive fighter, and was coming off a loss to Alexis Davis, who so many on here say sucks. Holly? One of her three fight losing streak, and so many on here say she only has one good fight in her entire career. Pena? The people on this forum who like her and think she's good (I count myself among them) are a tiny minority.

I mean, so many of the people that think she's so good, shit all over the opponents she's beaten. Why should anyone think she's so great?

Honestly, I think she'll have a harder time than everyone thinks. I mean, if you look at her wins, they're usually people give no credit for, except when it comes to Shevchenko beating them. Kaufman? Very inactive fighter, and was coming off a loss to Alexis Davis, who so many on here say sucks. Holly? One of her three fight losing streak, and so many on here say she only has one good fight in her entire career. Pena? The people on this forum who like her and think she's good (I count myself among them) are a tiny minority.

I mean, so many of the people that think she's so good, shit all over the opponents she's beaten. Why should anyone think she's so great?
Good point, especially about the lack of love for Davis and Pena. "Grappling is not real fighting" lol

Could it be that it was just so evenly matched that a close fight was all she was capable of?
No. We saw the first fight. The second should have been a war.

Nunes is the superior fighter. She can fight a brutal fight or a point scoring fight. Bullet can only score points.

TS's sig has a list of all the names he's ignored on Sherdog.... like it's some sort of badge of honor.

Probably a douchebag. Please add me to your ignore list so I don't have to see your garbage threads.

Back