Shevchenko is going to own the 125 lb division when it is introduced...

No excuses. And no matter what you think the real judges gave the fight to Nunes. Fight metrics gave Nunes the nod in every round except the 5th.

It was a bad fight but at least Nunes was pushing the action. If you're a counter striker your focus has to be on finishing the fight not taking a decision.

Val didn't want to lose more then she wanted win. And I'm a Shevchenko fan. That was a bad showing by her.
And an even worse showing by Nunes. She was the bigger fighter and should have been looking for the td since she was getting outstruck.

And an even worse showing by Nunes. She was the bigger fighter and should have been looking for the td since she was getting outstruck.
Once again fight metrics says she outstruck Val

If you say so. I don't think she'll have as easy a time as everyone thinks.
I could see some of the wrestlies like Agnieska, Honchak (if she isn't too past prime) or someone who moves down from 135 giving her trouble.

*is biased, but still true* lol

If you think that means something then you're a fool.
It means she didn't perform like she thought she did.

This is crazy because I like Val but I'm not blinded by my bias.

She did nothing to show she definitively won the fight.

She didn't want to to get KO'ed by Nunes so she stayed tentative and safe. So she lost.

Plus trying the playground arm and neck throw on a bigger women was dumb.

It means she didn't perform like she thought she did.

This is crazy because I like Val but I'm not blinded by my bias.

She did nothing to show she definitively won the fight.

She didn't want to to get KO'ed by Nunes so she stayed tentative and safe. So she lost.

Plus trying the playground arm and neck throw on a bigger women was dumb.
I just don't think you're taking into consideration that she had to fight a certain way because of how they matched up. Val wasn't super aggressive but a least she landed a punch to Nunes face at least. Nunes did absolutely nothing to try to win.

I just don't think you're taking into consideration that she had to fight a certain way because of how they matched up. Val wasn't super aggressive but a least she landed a punch to Nunes face at least. Nunes did absolutely nothing to try to win.
Like I originally said it was a bad fight.

No one deserved to win because both were fighting not to lose.

Back