Sherdog's Own Pick for UFC 229: Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Khabib imposes his will and takes a decision or late finish.

I'm think it will go to decision and be a unanimous draw.

This fight reminds me of Ronda vs. Holly in a very general sense if not in the particulars. Ronda tried to secure takedown but Holly's superior footwork and striking stymied her. But unlike Holly, Conor can *hurt* Khabib as he clumsily marches forward and punches artlessly. Even though Conor annoys me, I think Khabib is gonna be Ronda'd. Too bad :(

This fight reminds me of Ronda vs. Holly in a very general sense if not in the particulars. Ronda tried to secure takedown but Holly's superior footwork and striking stymied her. But unlike Holly, Conor can *hurt* Khabib as he clumsily marches forward and punches artlessly. Even though Conor annoys me, I think Khabib is gonna be Ronda'd. Too bad :(

Conor is the Rhonda in this situation

60/40 Khabib.

It really comes down to how Khabib responds to getting hit my McGregor. The only thing that is certain in this fight is Khabib is going to get punched. Does it stop his takedown? Whole fight hinges on this. I'm leaning Khabib can take the strikes that come with takedown attempts and he implements his game.

I see the fight playing out like this...

Early on Conor is able to shuck off a couple takedown attempts. Conor tags Khabib a few times, maybe even hurts hin but is unable to put him away. Khabib survives the early onslaught and is able to take Conor down late in the first or early in the second. From there, Khabib smashes and continues to do so on an increasingly tired Conor. Khabib tkos or submits him in the 3rd or 4th.
that's the fight i wanna see. pulling for Khabib, but if there's a lot of back and forth like that, Conor winning would ok too. I think conor might stuff some TD's, and tag Khabib early. or Khabib just gets Conor down from the get go.

@Augustus Caesar It was posted earlier but didn't receive an answer....what is the criteria to pick Sherbros to give their fight predictions?
Cheers buddeh.

I think khabib will win. Yet I bet $$ on connor

What's the criteria to pick sherbros to make their predicitions?
@DS7 Bruv, did you click and listen to Rex's? He shouted you out and ere thing. Was funny as fuck 1 too.

Last edited:
Pretty much 50/50 for me, but I'll go with McGregor because Kebab has a padded record full of decisions. Going with the finisher.

I think that ultimately the fight Will be decided on which fighter has the best cardio. I believe that Conor has a suspect tank, and whilst Khabib may suffer an adrenaline dump on the night, a wrestler of his calibre is the worst type of style to stop if you're knackered.

I see Khabib stopping him in the 4th, due to an accumulation of damage on the ground and the ref jumping in.

Went with Conor. Never been a fanboy, but I just feel Khabib has been gotten to. Conor's striking is in another realm entirely, but you could say the same about Khabib's grappling. All fights start on the feet though, and I see Conor finishing this early and defending take-downs.

It's Mendes v Mcgregor 2, with a few differences which cancel each other out (Khabib is a bit bigger and better than Mendes but Conor is now more experienced and hopefully not carrying an injury as he claimed he was back then).

So I think it'll play out very similarly: McGregor gets smashed for a round or two, but at the start of each round and after scrambles he consistently tags Khabib, ending in TKO for Conor 2nd/3rd round
Oh bud.. if Khabib even has 1 round of smashing Conor he won't look the same for a late stoppage. Everyone looks drained and bewildered after a Khabib mauling.

Back