Sherdog's Own Pick for UFC 229: Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i can't pick, so many unknowns.

conor could finish the fight with one shot but he is untested at 155. nate ate everything he had, and has actually been finished at lightweight. apart from that, conor rocked eddie - who gets rocked in every fight

khabib tends to dominate but undoubtedly conors accuracy could be a problem. we don't know what kind of chin he has because he usually just dominates.

making a prediction just seems like a waste of time to me, it could go either way. or neither, if one of them pulls out

Khabib will maul Connor, but i don't think Khabib is going for the finish except if Connor begs him to. Could very well go the all five rounds being like 50-42

Awesome thread!

Bring me my violence.

Can't wait.

Jim_barber_christian.gif

Khabib will maul Connor, but i don't think Khabib is going for the finish except if Connor begs him to. Could very well go the all five rounds being like 50-42

that would stress me the fuck out tbh. khabib is talking about taking it long, when he has a an opponent with great finishing stats. to my mind he has to get him the fuck out of there asap

i dunno if i'm just getting old or some shit but there have been a bunch of fights lately that just stressed me the fuck out. dc is like my favourite fighter and every time he fights i get so worked up i wanna stop watching mma. #oestrogenconfirmed

* Conor McGregor
* Khabib Nurmagomedov
* Unsure/ Wadtucketism
* Khabib doesn't make weight <Eek2.0>

that would stress me the fuck out tbh. khabib is talking about taking it long, when he has a an opponent with great finishing stats. to my mind he has to get him the fuck out of there asap

i dunno if i'm just getting old or some shit but there have been a bunch of fights lately that just stressed me the fuck out. dc is like my favourite fighter and every time he fights i get so worked up i wanna stop watching mma. #oestrogenconfirmed
<36><36>

when i really like a fighter i feel the same. but in this case after the first, especially with Khabib, Connor's chances of getting a finish vanish

I'm picking Conor to at some point expose Khabib's complete lack of striking fundamentals; but I want to make it clear that I would like them both to lose.

Conor, 1st round KO.

{<Mcgoat}

<36><36>

when i really like a fighter i feel the same. but in this case after the first, especially with Khabib, Connor's chances of getting a finish vanish

you never know man. confession - i'm gonna spoiler myself in this fight. i'm gonna look up the result the next morning and if conor wins i aint even watchin

yknow what i was rewatching cain vs jds 3 the other day and the thing about that was that although it was 90% cain wupping ass, jds clearly still had pop in his punches late in the fight, and was landing nasty elbows and shit in the clinch. jds was getting utterly chewed up and he still kept fighting, he was still dangerous.

theres a lot of parallels with the stylistic matchups in that fight and this one but like you say, i dont think conor has that kind of power late on.

i'm gonna go take some kalms

I'm picking Conor to at some point expose Khabib's complete lack of striking fundamentals; but I want to make it clear that I would like them both to lose.

ha I would've thought that between "honourable Muslim warrior" aesthetic and unhinged Irish twat there was something for everyone to enjoy :D

Awesome thread @Augustus Caesar much respect
l89tvGH.gif
even more awesome commentary by the hardcores @Rex Kwon Do stole word for word what I wanted say....

Khabib to wipe the canvas with a 2yrs out drained McGregor, easy work baby
0TiTTTL.gif

Can't root against Khabib at this point, esp. with Conor being gone for 2 years.

26-0, beastly grappler, does NOT let guys up when he gets them down.. I expect Khabib to drain McGregor and really make an example out of him here.

Am I rooting for Khabib? Not really, I like underdog stories and it would be a blast if Conor proved me wrong, but I think this is a bad matchup for the man behind "Proper 12".

Conor mcgregor by ko/tko during the first 60 seconds of round 1. Mark my words.

Khabib will win by SUB or TKO, but always there is the possibility of Mcgregor hit that left and take the Russian to the canvas
I favor 65/35 for Khabib in this fight.

My pick: Khabib TKO 3th round

Khabib will have his chin tested in the first round and he will pass the test. There won't be a takedown until the end of the first round. Khabib will win by stoppage mid way through round 4.

I think this is a likely outcome but ya just never know, that is why it is such an interesting matchup.

I think what people are underestimating is that if/when Khabib is able to implement his will onto McGregor, he isn't going to finish him in quick fashion. He's already said as much, it's going to be a humiliation.

So that said, what you're going to see is an exhausted, badly hurt McGregor finished on the feet some time in the fourth or fifth round.

That would be the worst case for Conor and something that would have to be on Khabibs mind. Interesting.

Sherdog would explode and lose at least a 3rd of its posters overnight.

Back