Sherdog's Own Pick for UFC 229: Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ha, I saw your pm but got too lazy to write anything

khabib has the upperhand, but it all comes down to the first 1 or 2 min. if khabib gets it down, it's over. will also expect mcgregor to fold and give his neck, but I think khabib will want to jush punish him instead of getting an easy sub. if mcgregor starts landing and khabib can't take it down, he takes it. I think khabib will take it, he also has underrated striking defense. but if he goes into the fight like against iaquinta and starts disrespecting mcgregor and thinking it will be easy work he might be negatively surprised (although he did take iaquinta down early and proceeded to destroy him in the first. if that happens, khabib also takes it)

khabib 70-30

Khabib will grapplefuck Conor for 4 rounds and will get submitted by Conor in the 5th.
is it the portuguese genes that make you go full retard?

I voted Conor.
I might put some money on Conor.
Khabib has many flaws in his stand up.

The logic tells me that Khabib, after seeing the Mendes-Conor fight.
Khabib is more talented and much bigger than Mendes.
But I choose Conor. Just a feeling!

Conor had terrible weight cut for Mendes, just look at his hair during weigh ins and fight, acting supercrazy, after fight he kinda imploded mentally.
Also it was 2 week notice, camp was for Aldo, and Aldo is not wrestler.
Mendes exploited technical flaws, don't get me wrong, but Conor was not grinding for wrestler.
Problem with Khabib is: he is kinda big LW, and Conor was looking smaller than him, but then again Johnson who is now FW, learned Khabib to respect his striking.
For me it's 50/50, but if I have to chose, my pick is Conor.
Also don't forget about weight cuts, Khabib done 2 last few months, one for championship fight.
Same with training camp, Conor was playing his game, and he confirmed his return few moments before press conference, so Khabib, had enough time to prepare but not enough for drastic changes.

Sherdog's Own Posters Pick the McGregor vs. Nurmagomedov fight.

See What the "Hardcore Fans" Think.

F7S8IeD.jpg

Please read below for predictions, and scroll down to the very bottom for the results!

Sherdog's Own Picks

@FrankieNYC
@BC
@Yari
@Verace
@Wadtucket
@Da Speeit
@Typrune Goatley
@Rex Kwon Do
@315MMAFighter
@TheIrishPsycho
]
@wilKO
@Socialhandgrenade
@Sweater of AV
@BiGWHOMPS
@FireKidWS
@GearSolidMetal
@Clippy
@Buff
@Arm Barbarian
@One MMA Fan
@paynebringer
@bigwaverider
@PoundMeToo
@TheRuthlessOne

Sherdog's Own Mods/Admins Pick the Fight

@jei
@Kung Fu Tze
@Valhoven
@Madmick
@chunglii
@computer fogie
@TeTe
@Peteyandjia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Results....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With which poster do you agree the most? Please post below with your comments and predictions.
Picking Khabib, but only 55/45 sure.

Last edited:
Conor bless 2nd round tko - elbow in the clinch, punches on the ground for the finish

ha, I saw your pm but got too lazy to write anything

khabib has the upperhand, but it all comes down to the first 1 or 2 min. if khabib gets it down, it's over. will also expect mcgregor to fold and give his neck, but I think khabib will want to jush punish him instead of getting an easy sub. if mcgregor starts landing and khabib can't take it down, he takes it. I think khabib will take it, he also has underrated striking defense. but if he goes into the fight like against iaquinta and starts disrespecting mcgregor and thinking it will be easy work he might be negatively surprised (although he did take iaquinta down early and proceeded to destroy him in the first. if that happens, khabib also takes it)

khabib 70-30

is it the portuguese genes that make you go full retard?
Apologize for thinking Jones would be out for 4 years and then we can talk

As many have said in the predictions,

Both guys are their own worst enemy. Makes for a great fight.

On a personal note, I'd rather Khabib win beacuse he will actually defend the belt but its hard to pick against one punch KO power when it comes up against a guy who blocks punches with his face.

I-I didn't want to give a prediction anyway.
<DCrying>

Conor had terrible weight cut for Mendes
Also it was 2 week notice, camp was for Aldo, and Aldo is not wrestler.

&the leg injury he claimed to be pretty bad (it's in the Notorious documentary as well so doesn't seem like he was just making it up.

Khabib is more then a little bigger then that midget Mendes. .

He's taller and stronger but he's still at a 10cm reach disadvantage to Conor. When it comes to Conor being able to land, that's the most important stat.

So injury-free Conor who has prepared to fight a wrestler, vs taller + stronger Mendes. Like I said I think the differences pretty much cancel each other out.

Well Conor could KO Khabib no question, but if he can't I highly doubt he wins a decision and if there's a submission win it would certainly be for Khabib.

So I give a good edge to Khabib

He's taller and stronger but he's still at a 10cm reach disadvantage to Conor. When it comes to Conor being able to land, that's the most important stat.
Khabib grinds McGregor into dust.

Both statements are true, its almost like a classic wrestler vs striker match up even though both guys can strike and grapple to various levels.

Someone will impose their will and end the fight fairly early - just couldn't see this one going the distance in any scenario.

Both statements are true, its almost like a classic wrestler vs striker match up even though both guys can strike and grapple to various levels.

Someone will impose their will and end the fight fairly early - just couldn't see this one going the distance in any scenario.
Exactly.

I'm curious because of how split everyone seems to be - does anyone see this fight being back-and-forth for 5 rounds?

Back