Sherdog's Home Improvement Thread

I took out a shower stall and put a bathtub/shower into my bathroom. I half assed everything and had to improvise quite a bit but it has held up well. It ended up costing about 50% more than I anticipated just because of incidentals and problems I found while the project was in progress.

My house is around 70 years old. My parents said, "You may open up a big can of worms if you do it". Honestly, I'm not really crazy with how much it will cost in the first place, so I'm not too crazy about possible problems causing more money! For us, I just don't think it's worth it. I don't think it will add as much value as it will cost considering we don't plan to stay in the house forever.

My house is around 70 years old. My parents said, "You may open up a big can of worms if you do it". Honestly, I'm not really crazy with how much it will cost in the first place, so I'm not too crazy about possible problems causing more money! For us, I just don't think it's worth it. I don't think it will add as much value as it will cost considering we don't plan to stay in the house forever.

It was a pain in the ass, honestly, but I took a week's vacation and powered through to get it done. The plumbing sucked, my house is old as hell and I had to switch from old corroded copper pipes to PVC. I have no background in construction so it was stressful, but I felt pretty accomplished when I when was done.

I love that show. I'm a horrible repair man though.

I recently re-did my main bathroom and it cost around $6000. It's not a big room (about 5x8) which meant fewer tiles, smaller vanity etc. so that could drive up the price somewhat if you have a big room. We had plumbers and electricians in to do some work and that cost about $1800.

I gutted it down to the studs and bare floorboards and started from scratch. Luckily I didn't find anything terrible in the walls.

Other than that everything I've done has been cosmetic. Lots of painting, put up crown moulding, some basic gardening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back