Sherdog's Fight of the year 2005-2012

2006 Parysian vs Sanchez i saw the fight again a year or two ago, and my godddd i forgot how insane it was. That or crusher vs alvarez, perfect length of a fight. a little less than 8 minutes, great action, brutal finish

Edit; Side note, Kawajiri vs Dias in the UFC is gonna be an insane fight as well. so pumped for the Crusher's debut

Last edited:
Shogun vs. Lil Nog may have been the greatest MMA display of all time.

kz-poirier is one of my all-time favorite fights.

One fight i never see mentioned at all is melvin vs cyborg. Awsome fight imo.

Bendo vs Pettis 1 is my favorite fight ever

Doesn't matter anymore because Melendez vs Sanchez was the greatest fight in the last 200 years. All others are now inconsequential.

Rogan said so.

Jorge Santiago vs. Misaki II was the craziest back and forth fight I've ever seen

For me it's Shogun v Rogerio, followed by Huerta-Guida.

Roger came out like a monster in that third round. It's sad that it was pretty much the absolute peak of his career.

2006 Parysian vs Sanchez i saw the fight again a year or two ago, and my godddd i forgot how insane it was. That or crusher vs alvarez, perfect length of a fight. a little less than 8 minutes, great action, brutal finish

Edit; Side note, Kawajiri vs Dias in the UFC is gonna be an insane fight as well. so pumped for the Crusher's debut

the fights between sanchez/diaz/parisyan were what started my complete obsession with mma, anyone who hasn't seen those fights please go do yourself the pleasure and watch those amazing scraps

Out of these I think Bendo v Cerrone was the best. However I don't think any of these fights were the best fight of their respective year. Edgar v Maynard over Shogun v Hendo really? With a track record like this they'll probably put Melendez v Sanchez over Jones v Gus what a joke.

I thought Edgar vs maynard was better. More technical, faster-paced, more important to the division.

I'm gonna have to watch Santaigo vs Misaki again because it's hard to imagine it being better than Bendo vs. Pettis.

Shogun vs. Lil Nog may have been the greatest MMA display of all time.

IMO Bendo/Pettis I was the best fight of all time. It had everything. The skill displayed in that fight was every bit as good as any Shogun fight. It was competitive to the end and it was a historic night just being the last WEC event ever.

Back