Sherdogs double standard with not making weight

I remember everyone being pissed that Rumble didn't make weight. But you can't forget that he was fighting at a disatvantage (even though pretty much self inflicted) because he had to weigh in right before the fight so he never rehydrated. I was pulling for Vitor in that fight, but I also remember the ref screwing Rumble over as soon as he got Vitor down and practically standing them up immediately. And Yoel has missed weight 1 time on a short notice fight. By 3 pounds...not 12

Sherdog have a double standard on everything

I'm pretty sure it's because he got a title shot without having to make weight for that fight. That's the major difference between Rumble and Yoel's cases.

Dude misses weight for a title eliminator...A TITLE ELIMINATOR...wins that fight...WINS THAT FIGHT...and received a title shot even though he did not do what is required of everyone else who fights...Make fucking weight.

I also understand the short notice, but at the same time, if you know good and well that it will either be a near impossible or completely impossible task to make weight on time...You shouldn't be rewarded for it.
Rockhold could have refused the fight and he didn't. And really, the MW division became a cluster fuck fast when GSP got sick or whatever. Romero is the only logical option at this point, regardless of the two lbs.

Rockhold could have refused the fight and he didn't. And really, the MW division became a cluster fuck fast when GSP got sick or whatever. Romero is the only logical option at this point, regardless of the two lbs.

It's the principle of the thing though, and Rockhold is a dumbass.

When Rumble panic wrestled against Vítor sherdog likes to make excuses how Rumble had a tough weight cut and was therefore at a disadvantage, yet Rumble came in at 197 lbs for that fight. So with a 12 lb weight advantage he was the one at a disadvantage?

<TheWire1>

Meanwhile a bunch of people are still crying about short notice Romero’s 2 lb advantage over Rockhold???

I don’t get it?
Well if you don't get it you really are not that smart.

Cutting weight is a horribly draining process and as bad as it is hitting a wall on the way to a weight cut and not being able to break through that wall after many attempts is far, FAR worse. Having requiring immediate medical attention and an IV which did rapidly add back weight is not a benefit. Vitor rehydrated as well but just in a far better fashion.

YOu would never here a fighter say it is better to not be able to lose those last few pounds in a bad weight cut then it was to actually get their properly and rehydrate properly. NEVER.

Rumble should have never been sanctioned for that fight, nor should anyone after a botched cut with what we know about dehydration and negative repercussions like concussions.

It's the principle of the thing though, and Rockhold is a dumbass.
I wish he would have made weight, so no one could complain. I believe the outcome would have been the same if he would have made weight though.

We need a triple standard, just to be extra dope.

Or fly. Or whatever it is you young people say.

Cutting weight is a horribly draining process and as bad as it is hitting a wall on the way to a weight cut and not being able to break through that wall after many attempts is far, FAR worse. Having requiring immediate medical attention and an IV which did rapidly add back weight is not a benefit. Vitor rehydrated as well but just in a far better fashion.

YOu would never here a fighter say it is better to not be able to lose those last few pounds in a bad weight cut then it was to actually get their properly and rehydrate properly. NEVER.

Rumble should have never been sanctioned for that fight, nor should anyone after a botched cut with what we know about dehydration and negative repercussions like concussions.
Yeah, weight cutting is not good for you at all.

You're messed up before you even get in the cage.

I just cut my hand really, really bad

I’m sure you’re all super interested in my opinion on all this, but you’ll have to press on without me.

It’s fucked up because I got hurt right as my Mexican food was ready.

Gonna eat it now w a dishrag on my wounds

i say if they dont make weight, they dont fight. if the other fighter makes weight, he gets paid.

be done with it.

Some people still cry about Daniel Cormier's 1.2 pound weight advantage in his second fight with Rumble, even though Cormier has never missed weight before and has never missed weight since.

<36>
Who was crying about him having a weight advantage? People were pissed that he was over weight and then cheated to make weight. If he missed weight he would’ve been stripped. That was the issue.

Of course cutting is hard.
But when someone comes in 11lb overweight I guess it's easy to assume that they weren't trying their hardest to shred the last pound, because they would realize well ahead of time that they were too far off the target weight.

You seem a bit too quick to question people's intelligence. They could just be assuming things.

But I have no idea about how Rumble's cut went in this particular fight, (gave it a 2 minute googling but couldn't find much real evidence) so please enlighten me if you have the facts.

Of course cutting is hard.
But when someone comes in 11lb overweight I guess it's easy to assume that they weren't trying their hardest to shred the last pound, because they would realize well ahead of time that they were too far off the target weight.

You seem a bit too quick to question people's intelligence. They could just be assuming things.

But I have no idea about how Rumble's cut went in this particular fight, (gave it a 2 minute googling but couldn't find much real evidence) so please enlighten me if you have the facts.
he came in 11 lbs over weight because the doctor ordered him onto an IV to rehydrate. He had to be carried to and from the weigh in.

When a fighter misses weight they are typically trying to the last pound to get there but their body hits a wall. They stop sweating and can lose no more fluids and the effort that they put forth for those last pounds is excruciating. Far worse than a normal weight cut. Once Rumble hit that wall and it was clear he was in bad shape and would not make it they started to rehydrate him via IV. that is why he was so much over at the weigh in as he started to do what Vitor would start only hours later with the rehydration. You should not assume that quite his weight cut at 11bs over. We've seen many fighters get to within 0.5 of a pound and hit that wall and unable to make it. Then they rehydrate up.

Anthony was about 205lbs in cage which is around most big MW's range (including Vitor's) in a MW fight.

People still joke about Rumbleweight, he got a ton of shit and nobody complained when he was cut after the Belfort fight. Hell, Miragliotta blatantly favored Belfort by standing-up the action faster than a boxing ref would, and nobody cared.

I wish he would have made weight, so no one could complain. I believe the outcome would have been the same if he would have made weight though.

Was a toss up for me, but all this drama would be nonexistent had he made weight.

Back