Sherdog's 2017 NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Making my pics tonight.

In.

Will post highlights of my perfect, upset filled bracket later.

GBB!

- Final Four: Kentucky, Notre Dame, Florida and Louisville

- Gamecocks over dook, Rnd2
- Arkansas over UNC, Rnd2

Last edited:
I keep going back and forth on Kentucky. Loaded with talent but have had to hold on to win a bunch of games.

1271010043_jump-in-the-car.gif

I suck at brackets. My first bracket had UCLA winning. I don't know who I'll end up picking to win it all.

I keep going back and forth on Kentucky. Loaded with talent but have had to hold on to win a bunch of games.
Same here. I could see them losing to Wichita State in the second round or making a really deep run. Hell Vandy should have beaten them late in the season.

Same here. I could see them losing to Wichita State in the second round or making a really deep run. Hell Vandy should have beaten them late in the season.
I think I do have Wichita State beating them. Duke is another tough read. Especially if they get matched up with Marquette in the 2nd round.

Obviously nothing ever goes chalk, so you have to take the risk of choosing major upsets and unforeseen runs using your gut of how games can play out in the crazy, random, hectic, nerve wrecking atmosphere of the Tournament. When taking the risks of picking upsets and unexpected deep-runs blows up in your face early on, you wind up looking like an inept retard with a shitty bracket.

There's a lot of intriguing matchups first round, but Saint Marys - VCU might be my favorite. VCU has great veteran leadership and I really like Mo Alie-Cox's presence as a difference maker. Just like several other very solid mid-majors, they're capable of making a deep run in single-elimination games (including potential upset of Arizona)... but that's if they can even get past SMC... which is a 50/50 coin flip game in itself.

Just give me the fucking games already! You can eat yourself alive trying to decipher this.

I also hate myself for winding up with UNC and UK as champions in the two brackets I've made. In an ideal world, they will both lose in the first round.

I think I do have Wichita State beating them. Duke is another tough read. Especially if they get matched up with Marquette in the 2nd round.
I usually want to favor ACC teams but other than Louisville and North Carolina, I'm not so sure about them. Duke is too hit or miss, Florida State can't play away from home, Notre Dame is always prone to an opening round upset, etc.

Kansas? No team has lost the opening game of their conference tourney and went on to win the NCAA championship. Villanova? Most champions don't even make it to the elite eight the next season, much less repeat (though Nova is a really good team). Gonzaga? They went further as an unknown around 2000 than a known factor since then. Arizona and UCLA have good records but the PAC 12 has struggled for decades since the last time one of their teams won (Arizona).

I'm actually not too high on Louisville this year. Especially with their second game being against a high-powered Okie State or a red hot Michigan.

Notre Dame is always prone to an opening round upset, etc.
).
They made the Elite 8 the last 2 years, but I've burned by them so many times in the first weekend of the tournament when they had scary good teams and choked (god damn Harongody), that I have no faith in them whatsoever.

Whatever happens, I just hope there are plenty of upsets. I learned to have my fun making brackets and then forget about them once the tournament starts or I will be rooting for my bracket and not for upsets, and it's more fun to root for upsets. Straight chalk tournaments suck.

There's always that one "out of nowhere" team in the tournament, and I think it could be East Tennessee State this year.

Whatever happens, I just hope there are plenty of upsets. I learned to have my fun making brackets and then forget about them once the tournament starts or I will be rooting for my bracket and not for upsets, and it's more fun to root for upsets. Straight chalk tournaments suck.

There's always that one "out of nowhere" team in the tournament, and I think it could be East Tennessee State this year.
I think it's NC Wilmington. If they get by Virginia, I can see them getting by Florida too.

i agree. the first weekend is the funnest simply becasue of the upsets. My rooting goes pac 12 teams then underdogs, my bracket is down the list.

TONIGHT/EARLY TOMORROW MORNING IS THE LATEST YOU CAN JOIN AND FILL OUT YOUR BRACKETS!

Make sure to join tonight and fill out your bracket.

i agree. the first weekend is the funnest simply becasue of the upsets. My rooting goes pac 12 teams then underdogs, my bracket is down the list.
I tend to root for a combination of upsets and SEC teams (sans Kentucky). I might root for Kentucky later in the tournament if they play another team I hate.

But generally speaking, I just want chaos via upsets.

First 2 days of the tournament are 2 of the best days in sports, IMO.

Back