Sherdoggers, would you step into the octagon with little training experience if you have a chance?

Why the fak would you be embarrassed for loosing a match? To be sad from loosing is normal...but embarrassed?

Ever had your ass whipped before? It's embarrassing. That's no reason not to do it though. Admittedly I can't speak for much because I'm not exactly a world beating fighter myself, but I doubt you'd care a year after the fight if it's embarrassing or not.

;) yeah, i already applied the competition, so if all goes well, would have my fight in a week, so no matter.
Thank you everyone for the support!

Yes for money and i hope my princess watch me get ko'd haha

@Boevik

Good luck.

@AndyMaBobs

I have all kind of losses, from obvious robberies to ass whooping. And with those came a bunch of negative feelings. Disappointment, hate, self-doubts, but mostly regrets on how a fought, or how i trained. But i never felt embarrassed about my self, about the loss. The closest i can think of, is feeling bad about the time and effort the trainers and partners put on me, and the feeling i let them down (and my self).

On the other hand, i never went in a fight, believing that "I'm the shit" and that it would be an easy night, acting like a douche...

how long do you have to prepare for the fight?
and i was told from a friend of mine when i asked him about taking my first fight he told me "if it even came to your mind to ask me then go ahead and do it"
so do it lol

So the story behind is that I do some amateur sambo and muay thai training.
It lasts not so long, barely more than year or so.
Though I am used to be athletic enough and posses ok gas tank for a common person.
But now our sambo club is gonna hold the competition in Sambo and MMA-like cage fighting in parallel, so I have the chance to choose one to compete either sambo and this MMA-like cage fighting.
I am more than sure there would be guys who are much more expirienced and just better fighters than me, so stepping into the cage, there're lots of chances to get KFTO stiff or get embarassed by some submission or smth like that.
But also the organizers said, ones to compete into the cage would be included to sherdog and fighter profile here will be created for them as this is fight on the MMA rules so far. So being a long time lurker and sometimes even poster here, i just feel it would be kinda cool that me, average boom can have a profile here as an MMA fighter even the record would be 0-1 or so.
So Sherdoggers, what would you do in the same situation?
Any opinion is highly appreciated.
l;

how long do you have to prepare for the fight?
and i was told from a friend of mine when i asked him about taking my first fight he told me "if it even came to your mind to ask me then go ahead and do it"
so do it lol

l;
Thanks, man. The tournament is supposed to be held next saturday, so its a week ahead. Plan to have 2 more sambo training and 2-3 muay-thai ones.
Not sure it would help, but at least i would do all possible in a given situation.
Yeah, now determined to fight with fellow Sherdoggers support.
<This7>

Just seems the motivation for doing it is off. Risk life and limb in MMA for a profile on sherdog? lol

All the fights ive been in and to in the last 10 years all had at least 1 or 2 guys fighting in an event that obviously had little to no training and obviously had no business being in that arena. Most of the time they just luckily and mercifully suffered a quick sub or knock down to a gnp tko, however sometimes they would be brutally KO'd or have a limb mangled in a nasty sub.

This isn't a pickup game of b ball man, your opponent is going to be attempting physically destructive martial arts techniques on your body. You could be fighting another guy like you, or you could be fighting a future career professional, do you really want to go in there half ass?

You do know a sherdog profile will always be available, correct? Instead of acting as if you're rushing an xbox game to get an achievement, maybe just train up and go in there feeling like you'll win instead of going in there for a 0-1 record on sherdog.

I'd step in but I'm not sure I'd step out, lol. No, I think I'd survive just fine but I'd definitely lose.

Nah, here is you pay to get a chance to fight. Not big money though, may be 20$
This.

That's how ammy works, its expensive. You pay for registration fees, travel + hotel, etc. Usually they provide gear (except cup, mouthguard, wraps/gauze), if you have a poor shitty org. You have to bring everything

Never jump into something full contact, if you have no experience. The risk of injury, and humiliation are far too great for an adult to bare.

It really does matter what the rule set is. Crossover is overrated.

As long as they put you against someone that you feel somewhat confident against. I mean, if you've never fought I would think that they aren't gonna put you against someone that is 15-2. If it's someone that is even close to your experience level, and you really want to do it, fucking go for it. If you get rocked, panic wrestle and tap out quick, no shame in that in your first fight. Just try to avoid that one punch that will break your jaw.

Correct it would be reasonable to at least know who would be ur opponent

But tbh in your case...

I wanted to ask you: do you have any combat experience in the ring? (In any MA)

But it seems like you don't even have much training experience. So tbh I wouldnt do it unless you are extremely, extremely talented.

But almost no one is such a natural, some exceptional cases

Give yourself another year and see how you do in sparring first.

Ah I see you are going to fight! Brave decision, best of luck bruh keep us posted

And remember: HEAD MOVEMEEEEEENT

Back