Sherdoggers could learn a lot from this Kenny Florian Breakdown on Conor

I like Danis hyping Conor's ground skills.

He's Conor's training partner, what else is he going to say? "If Conor gets taken down, he's fucked" ?

here are the points Florian made in the link from the OP:
  • Conor McGregor, who just might be the only guy at 155 lbs who can expose that striking weakness of Khabib Nurmagomedov and actually make him pay for it.
  • (Conor McGregor) has the ability to land that shot that you don't see, he has the ability to counter you, he has the ability to move off that centre line and land that fight-ending shot unlike anybody in that division.
  • Are people forgetting that he just destroyed Jose Aldo in a mere 13 seconds?
  • (Are people forgetting) the fact that he beat Max Holloway?
  • (Are people forgetting) the fact that he came back to ebat (sic) Nate Diaz?
  • He has a lot to still prove to himself and I still think he loves this game.
TS, are you really suggesting that Sherdog isn't inundated with each of these points daily?

''he's gonna be shooting for his life but it's a long 25 minutes in there and I can hit you from anywhere'' - Kenny Florian on Jose Aldo

Not enough. Everyone conceded that he would never win a belt and that he would soon be eclipsed by upcoming fighters. So he quit after the general consensus was that "his best just wasn't good enough".

It's really odd to me how people love to pimp BJ's wins from that era yet shit on Kenny when he was arguably the most accomplished lw BJ beat during that run.

"He's such a technical striker. You look at what he's done. Are people forgetting that he just destroyed Jose Aldo in a mere 13 seconds?"
The fact that he Knocked Out Aldo with the first punch tells you it was a lucky punch and his only KO in UFC so far.

"The fact that he beat Max Holloway?"
Max was 20 years old and still a rookie and still gave Conor a very hard time.

"The fact that he came back to ebat Nate Diaz? Not at 155 lb, which was an option for him. But he said, 'No, I'm going to rematch you at 170 lb and I'm going to beat you."
Nate got robbed in the second fight.

<{natewhut}>

Last edited:
Back