Sherdoggers are better matchmakers than the UFC

Not all about fantasy match ups

It's knowing who not injured, who will sign a contract or not to fight an opponent.

I'm sure it's a lot harder than you imagine, plus you gotta create another 6 Interim belts each week also.

Nate Diaz vs Alvarez

giphy.gif

They just think of ticket sales not what the best fight might actually be. I think it's really shortsighted of them because they're after the quick buck and not thinking in the longterm.

Sherdoggers are also more buff than every single fighter save maybe Ngannou and roided Brock. While being shredded like Sage. Add to that they make more money than any fighter save McGregor, and you kinda get the picture. Most of us are rocket scientists, btw. Not saying that you aren't.

Last edited:
They just think of ticket sales not what the best fight might actually be. I think it's really shortsighted of them because they're after the quick buck and not thinking in the longterm.
Everbody knows that Sherdoggers are not into instant gratification, eh? Eh?

Nobody is as good as the matchmakers Pride had though.

30 kg weight difference? No problem! Just no stomps to the head!

That's because Sherdoggers are actual fans , who like to see fights - while the current UFC shill is just a P.R. rep told to do his job to try to make them some money...

Not all about fantasy match ups

It's knowing who not injured, who will sign a contract or not to fight an opponent.

I'm sure it's a lot harder than you imagine, plus you gotta create another 6 Interim belts each week also.
yes injury is a big part, and then you fighters not agreeing to fight or take a fight. I'm sure they want to make certain fights, that should be made (I hope), but the fighters are ultimately what determines them for reasons given.
yeah and too many interim titles. I waiting for the interim interim champ belt.

Sherdoggers: Complain of UFC not building stars.

UFC: Put less known fighters on PPVs to give exposure (Kattar for example)

Sherdoggers: Fuck the UFC for weak cards

Sherdoggers believe their favorite fighter is a "any one, any where and any time" savage warrior.

The UFC knows the majority of fighters are turning down fights left, right and center.

By not having (1) a definite pay structure based on fighter rank (2) a definite path to the title shot regardless of popularity, the UFC is pushing MMA towards the boxing the model.

Fighters need the right fight for the right pay at the right time, in order to advance their careers.

Fans don't care if you are fighting tough guys. They want fighters to completely dominate every single match-up or a sloppy bloody slugfest. Anything else is a "boring fight" and once you are labelled a "boring fighter," your path in the UFC becomes significantly harder.

The fans are lowkey killing the sport with their unrealistic expectations of fighters, based on a very poor definition of what constitute a "good fight" i.e. a sloppy bloody slugfest between 2 gassed out fighters.

This problem is compounded by a promoter who continues to promote sloppy slugfests as "Fight of The Night."

As more professional athletes join the sport, the margin of error will become slimmer, and most fights will become technical battles that are decided by the judges. So, if the fans don't learn to appreciate the technical nuances of fighting an equally matched opponent, the sport will surely "die."

Sherdoggers: Complain of UFC not building stars.

UFC: Put less known fighters on PPVs to give exposure (Kattar for example)

Sherdoggers: Fuck the UFC for weak cards
This^^^^^^ So much this.

Who really needs a matchmaker if you have sherdog? But If UFC based their matchmaking from sherdog forums...we won't have a sausage eating leprechaun holding up the LW division right now...

Back